A "quiet" little heart to heart talk

I completely agree with this point. I normally would not have brought this to the forum itself, except that I was pushed to by others who have openly agreed with the points addressed. From past experience in this field, I have seen the forum as both a negative, and a positive tool. However, in PMU’s case, I’ve found the general consensus to be “Don’t bother with the forum, the staff don’t reply” as Agunimon has addressed.

I believe you’re mistaken, or perhaps it’s my mistake? I think there’s a large difference in complaining and criticizing. A thorough re-read of my post will show, my view of complaining is unproductive whining. According to Google, a complain / complaining is synonymous to, ‘protest, grumble, moan, whine, bleat, carp, cavil, fuss’. I meant it in that context, which should’ve been clear from references towards global. If not, I apologize. On the other hand, constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome, that’s why we have the forums, after all. I hope it goes without saying, the staff do look at suggestions, and they do discuss most if not all of them. Sure, some discussions die down, but we make it a point to pin everything on Trello, so we can get back at 'em when we feel more motivated.

I do agree with what Frubi says, we don’t listen to ‘complains’ [scroll up to know what I’m referring to. ;)] very often, it usually discourages and disheartens us. We do, however, make an extra effort to listen to suggestions, constructive criticism, and educated discussions.

[hr][/hr]

We’re working towards that. Not sure if I mentioned this, but our team went from 25 to just 10 members. We’re actively considering some candidates. Unfortunately, promotions were delayed a bit because of some unexpected difficulties.

1. Agreed 100%. While the staff do encourage players to post ideas on the forums to gather thoughts and accumulate feedback, it’s true, we don’t exactly reply to a lot of threads. As mentioned earlier, we do discuss them. Hopefully we’ll try to reply more. Thanks.

2.5 We do have several announcements, encouraging users to contribute to specific threads, especially ones that require collaborative work, such as the summer topic. Regardless, yeah - promotion of the forums will help. Not sure how this is relevant, lol, but yes.

A while ago, we recently introduced 3* items, I’d consider that a new feature. We’re also working on a new GUI, and more interactive stories / overworld missions. Work of features is in progress, but let’s not deny the the importance of dungeons. It’s called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for a reason. ;)

Not much I can do about it, though I must inform you, the staff / ranks you see on the forums aren’t the staff working in-game, or even in the chat. The real number of people with ranks in-game are about 10-12, max. The forums don’t reflect people with ranks in-game. Simply people who were once staff, and may return, and the current staff.

Yay for 6 AM Post! Don"t judge me. >:

A little off the topic, however I’d like to address something I said that seemed to have confused a mod. I was not saying that staff couldn’t have fun and joke around with players, but kicking, muting or something of the like isn’t something that flies with me. I wasn’t implying that staff couldn’t joke around though. I think I speak for everyone when I say we’d prefer to have a fun-loving staff rather than some robots as staff.

I don’t like to leave things unclear and while it seems to have been sorted out now, just so everyone knows I have it in writing now.

While this thread has lead to both some constructive, and not so much, conversation, I have yet to see an Admin comment on this, which would be a good start on the discussed “Forum interaction” that Agunimon and Coki have proposed. I would like to hear their thoughts on the matter, be it positive or negative.