Add a description to /abilities

i don’t really like having to ask what my abilities do in global. the command should have a descriptor of the ability like the official pokemon games do because sometimes you might not have heard of the ability of some pokemon you really like or it does something a little different in pmu than it does in the games and last time i asked no one really had much of an idea of what anticipation did

using frisk as an example for how it could work “frisk – when this pokemon enters a floor, hidden items are revealed”

while definitely a good idea it would be a lot of work for staff to add for something you can google / look at the pmu wiki for

It’s not a bad idea, despite the work we’d have to put in - I think there’s 267 abilities that we’d have to account for right now. I do agree it would take some effort, but having a small blurb to read about what your ability does in PMU could make things easier on those unfamiliar with the later generations of Pokemon (myself included :P) or with abilities that have different effects specifically for PMU (e.g. Protean, Truant).

I’ll put this in our requests list internally to see if it’s something that we can work on at some point. I can’t promise anything though, especially when the wiki exists as an informational source already.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion! ^_^

2 Likes