Balancing of type Silk and Dust Resurface(?)

I saw that this topic has been tackled before but yet to gain any adequate attention. However, I see how the old post suggested the whole new existence of silk and dust, while it is not a problem, i am also here to provide and to discuss more alternatives!

Problem:
As we know, that mono-types as referred from old posts are falling short from the type-enhancing items.
The problem being; mono-types can only gain stats from 1 type of dust and silk while dual-type can gain extra.

Not only that, but some type is also not favored from their own dust and silk.
Just a quick example being: Tsareena (grass silk gives sp.attack, and grass dust gives defenses) while Tsareena is a prominently a physical attacker. So she gets no benefit at all from Silk.

So this is certainly not balanced, AT ALL.
All pokemon have the right to play on equal strength and perform an equal feat!

So resurfacing the old suggestion is the creation of 1 Silk and Dust that will benefit everyone equally.
While i see that option is viable, i believe it will put more work from the staff team to utilize it.
Since:
Con: The old dust becomes something redundant. so they have to either remove all of them from the game before making this new silk and dust + everyone will lose their silks and dusts. But!
Pro: Everyone will have something to do now huh :^)?

That is one of the suggestion,
The alternative will be: give all dust and silk an increase on every stat instead of 2 specific stats while reducing the amount.
Con: This will be even more of a work in coding it, perhaps, but nothing has to be removed and nothing has to be added. The staff team just have to tweak it. However, the mono-type will still be at a disadvantage.
Pro: No one losing anything and they can enjoy their brand new item!

The alternative sounds boring, not gonna lie the original suggestion can be accounted for as new content with new things to be obtained.
This suggestion is surely be lacking here and there which is why I am open for addition and/or critiques, but most importantly, i hope the Staff team put some thoughts into this!

This is a great idea at current certain types get more sp. atk or atk purely because of their silks/dust, which although is interesting on some pokemon, while others are at a complete loss.

A mono-type silk would also be amazing, mono-mons suffer a lot especially if they are a sole evolution, or don’t have stat boosting family items (or just have a weak BST). Even some starters are flat out better due to the silk/dust difference alone, and I don’t see where we would lose if we got one.

2 Likes