Corsola Family Item Improvement Suggestion

Hello and thank you for checking out my first post! :heart:

Currently, Corsola’s Family Item (Eager Brooch) negates damage caused by bad Weather conditions, which would be Sand and Hail.

And my concern is that those who would opt to use Corsola over other bulky Pokémon would most likely be using it in either Rain or Sand if not Clear Weather. This would effectively negate or lessen the usefulness of the Eager Brooch to only be effective against Hail which it’s not likely to go up against with one’s own weather in play. And as it stands, Corsola is part Rock, which already negates the damage of Sand Weather.

So here is where I would like to suggest a new effect! That would be a HP regen buff while moving! This would fit very well with Corsola’s healing and regeneration theme! It would also free a move slot! (Goodbye, Recover!)

You may say, “Corsola already has good access to regeneration!

And in that case perhaps a permanent Light Screen or Reflect effect could be considered! That fits well on the side of the “bulky coral” theme! It also ties in to the original effect’s general idea of damage prevention.

In conclusion, Corsola’s Family Item is probably not bound to see very much practical use considering what kind of teams one could see it on (Rain, Sand). But with one of these small changes, little Corsola can surely have a better chance to shine out there on its own!

Hiya, and thanks for the suggestion! ^_^

I can see how this item wouldn’t be very practical to use in its current state. It only effectively works on Hail damage, as Sandstorm doesn’t hurt Rock types, and an experienced player is going to generally change unfavorable weather when they can do so.

I’ll forward this to the rest of the staff team for consideration on whether we’d want to change it - but to note, we have changed other family items in the past such as Torterra’s Forest Torc (it used to absorb grass damage, but was changed to absorb ice damage instead as Torterra isn’t actually weak to grass).

I can’t promise anything for sure, but I’ll make sure the others see this~

2 Likes