Dungeon Music Update Request (a heck-ton of dungeons)

Dungeon Music Spreadsheet (PMD Tracks Only)

I just spent a few hours putting together a spreadsheet of dungeon tracks from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, then matching PMU dungeons and their music to their PMD counterparts. What I found is that there are a staggering amount of dungeon tracks that are used in more than one dungeon.

I’d like to request that many of PMU’s dungeons’ music be updated, and I’ll give my suggestions on which tracks I believe should replace the existing ones as well.

Far Thunderstorm Forest

Mt. Thunder → Far Amp Plains

Mt. Thunder is already used over in Mt. Stormhold. Additionally, Thunderstorm Forest uses the Amp Plains music track, so I believe it’s fitting for Far Thunderstorm Forest to get the unused Far Amp Plains instead.

Verdure Bluff

Drenched Bluff → Stompstump Peak
Revelation Mountain (No Change)
Daybreak Ridge → Cave of the Deep

Drenched Bluff is already used as the primary theme in Beach Bunker, while Daybreak Ridge is used in Wildfire Hills. I figure it wouldn’t be a bad idea to replace these two tracks with dungeon tracks that are currently unused.

Lush Archipelago

Apple Woods → Open Pass
Withered Savannah → Road to Primeval Forest
Mystifying Forest (No Change)

Apple Woods is used in both Friendship Forest and Honeydrop Meadow. Withered Savannah is used in Rustic Savannah.

Rocky Shoreline

Craggy Coast → Infinite Dungeon 3 (GtI)
Brine Cave (No Change)

Craggy Coast is used both here and in Island Garden, and I feel like it works better in the latter. Infinite Dungeon 3 would fit well in its place.

Starlit Lagoon

Quicksand Cave → Star Cave
Crystal Cave → Desolate Canyon
Tyrian Maze Inner Chamber → Dark Ice Mountain

All three of these tracks are used elsewhere to better effect. Especially Quicksand Cave - that track doesn’t fit this dungeon at all, but works great in Sauna Cavern. Star Cave is used in quite a few secret rooms, but hasn’t been used in a single dungeon, so I think it works here. The other two are unused dungeon tracks.

Tanren Mines

Deep Limestone Cavern → Ochre Quarry
Aegis Cave → Crags of Lament

Deep Limestone Cavern is a staple of Tanren Chambers, and Aegis Cave is used really well with Concealed Ruins in Tanren Tunnel. Tanren Mines seems like a nice place to implement a few more unused tracks.

Mineral Cavern

Deep Limestone Cavern → Waterfall Cave

As stated above, I believe Deep Limestone Cavern really should only be used in Tanren Chambers.

Iceberg Adrift

Blizzard Island (No Change)
Dark Wasteland → Infinite Dungeon 1 (GtI)
Vast Ice Mountain Peak (No Change)

Despite Dark Wasteland being one of my favorite songs, it’s quite overused, appearing in Iceberg Adrift, Dynamo Sands, and Boggy Wastes.

Boggy Wastes

Dark Wasteland → Mt. Bristle
Barren Valley → Lapis Cave
Boulder Quarry → Mt. Steel
Fortune Ravine → The Nightmare
Spacial Cliffs → Fortune Ravine Depths

All of Boggy Waste’s themes are used in other, more prominent locations. Dark Wasteland and Spacial Cliffs are in Dynamo Sands, Boulder Quarry is Cryptic Chasm and Mt. Stormhold (Though Mt. Steel, an almost identical track, is used nowhere), and Fortune Ravine is used in practically every dungeon you can think of. Boggy Wastes is a perfect place to put a few of the unused dungeon tracks.

Ash Forest

Sky Peak Forest (No Change)
Forest of Shadows → Foreboding Forest
Fortune Ravine → Sinister Woods

Forest of Shadows is already used in Tanren Graveyard, so I figure another dark forest dungeon theme can be used instead. Foreboding Forest is one of my favorite tracks in PMD, and it’s sad to see it unused. Additionally, Fortune Ravine is still used in what sometimes feels like half the dungeons in the game.

Sea Crevice

Fortune Ravine → Brine Cave
Lower Brine Cave (No Change)

Brine Cave is already being used in Rocky Shoreline, but it’s a banger, and there are no more unused dungeon themes that would fit, so why not? If we really wanted to remove duplicates, I’d prefer changing Rocky Shoreline’s music to something else, and bringing Brine Cave here instead. Plus, it’s another opportunity to reduce the amount of Fortune Ravine uses, so that’s nice.

Those are the dungeons I feel need updated music the most, but even if all these were updated, there would still be plenty of duplicate tracks. I don’t want to spend all day trimming those out, though, so I’ll stop here.

This project took me so many hours :sob: