EXP item for Klutz 'mons

As I’m sure anyone who has trained a Pokémon with Klutz knows, Klutz is quite the annoying ability to have, given that it only allows the mon with the ability to hold EXP items. Admittedly, this wasn’t as much of a problem back when the Miracle Chest and Wonder Chest were held items, and the Miracle Chest in particular was the only item you would see people hold during training runs, but now that those items are team items, Pokémon with Klutz suffer quite a bit because of their inability to use a held item, whether it’s an item like a Life Orb that gives the 'mon an extra power boost or a utility item such as the Trap Scarf or Tight Belt, and because of this, there isn’t much incentive to train a Klutz 'mon over something else.

Given that Klutz does still work with EXP items, something I’d like to suggest to give more of a reason to use Klutz 'mons is an item that gives, say, a 10% EXP boost and stacks with a Wonder Chest or a Miracle Chest, but only works if the holder has Klutz as one of its abilities. Maybe make it a lookalike item for the Wonder Chest, and call it a Blunder Chest or a Wander Chest or something. While this wouldn’t be nearly as gamechanging as, say, an item like the Lens of Truth that negates Klutz entirely, I feel like it would, at the very least, give people who are into training things to level 100 a bit of an incentive to use a 'mon with Klutz. I dunno, this might be kind of a dumb idea which could very well be true since I’m kinda dumb but it’s the sort of thing that would make me at least consider training a 'mon with the ability.

(Credit to Deleca for the possible name “Wander Chest”.)

pretty sure the whole klutz thing got fixed over a bunch of old klutz threads but who knows :>

2 Likes