How and why did you come to love your favorite Pokemon?

My favorite Pokemon was Lucario during the days of D/P/Pt and B/W, but changed to Espeon in B2/W2. I loved Lucario because…I guess I thought he looked cool? Then I realized how cute Espeon is. :heart: I have always been a fan of Eevee and its evolutions because of how cute they all are. I choose Pokemon based on how they look, rather than how strong they are. I also love Espeon’s dream ability. It reflects any attack that does not deal direct damage and it almost makes me feel invincible. It was my love for Espeon…and Eevee in general that led me to get 6 Eevee in one HC, and also to train my Espeon to the mid 60s.

Do I really need to say my fave? It should be pretty obvious…looks at signature

Anyways, lemme tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a nub Gardevoir starter in PMU. Said starter went to Easter HC in the year 2012 and picked up an egg that changed her fate… That egg hatched into a Swablu, a pokemon that was exclusive to HT prior to Mt. Sky.

The Swablu grew up and went to dungeons, training extremely hard to become an Altaria. When she did evolve, a time shortly after Skylift was discovered, she kept getting stronger and stronger, until she passed the breech known as level 59.

The end. Were you expecting a happily ever after? Tough luck, the server’s dead. I shall let you know of that Alty’s fate once PMU is back up…

Growlithe - Growlithe and I go back to my Fanfiction days. I was a big fan of Team Rocket, and my favourite episode was Holy Matrimony because James + Growlie was just about the cutest thing ever. Growlithe didn’t really become a favourite pokemon of mine until PMU, though. I joined my first roleplay on the forums - I could have chosen any pokemon to play as, really, but the fact that I chose to be a growlithe named Wolfy in the roleplay has kind of secured it as my “pokesona” ever since. Before growlithe, I had never really formed such a close attachment to a single pokemon before, haha. So I guess you could say I have a pretty special attachment to the little guy.

Minccino - I don’t know where the heck my love for minccino came from, but I have a feeling it might be because I created a minccino character for PMD-E in 2011 and ended up falling in love with him. Before then, it was just another Gen 5 pokemon, but over time I progressively started to love it more and more. It’s just small, fluffy and simply designed, but that’s what makes it so great. I don’t know, it’s just too adorable and I can’t get over it.

Skuntank - I still don’t know why I love skuntank either. When Gen 4 first came out, I thought it was the funniest thing because of the farting sound it made (note: I was extremely mature back then - and still am!) and I vowed even before the games released that I had to have one on my team. Skuntank was what secured my choice for Diamond, which was nice. I thought skuntank was really awesome even before PMD2 came out, but with Skuntank’s role in PMD2, I couldn’t help but love it even more. People seem to always question why I love this smelly skunk. To be honest, I’m not really that sure either, haha!

Azumarill - You’re not the strongest water-type out there, 'Zu, but gee are you full of adorable and nostalgia. Azumarill was the first pokemon I got to level 100 when I was about 13 years or so. I don’t know why my 'Zu grew on me so much, but even nowadays I love using azumarill as the water-type on my team. Such a majestic little mouse-rabbit of the sea.

Blaziken: This epic chicken is amazing. I am not a fan of fire-types, but I just came to love Torchic. But then it evolved and my love grew. Combusken was immense. But then came Blaziken and it was just the best. In-game it is lvl 60 and I can’t wait to get training him again.

Lucario: She is just amazing. She is fast and strong and just an all round amazing pokemon.

Gliscor: I love bats and I love scorpions so this Pokemon just found a place in my heart straight away. I had been waiting since gen 2 for Gligar to get an evolve and when he did I was so happy. It took me a while to get Gligar in-Game and when I did I had to evolve it straight away.

Absol: She is an amazing addition to my team. She has helped me a lot and I can’t imagine my team without her.

Togetic: the first personality quiz I took on the internet gave me a togetic! the description was pretty accurate so I liked it right away. It’s cute and I loved it when it changed to fairy