Items on the ground

I looked around but I’ve seen no suggestion like this. It’s always bothering me that I have to drop something when I have a full inventory to pick up something from the ground when I want to use it directly anyway, and then I have to pick the other item up as well. It would be really handy to have a button to directly use items on the ground without having to pick them up first.

I swear i thought of this like…3 days ago. xD
I totally support this~.

its an idea. But i don’t really think its that important. Just get more bag space by doing missions.

The point lies more in not having to swap items around everytime you see a leppa berry on the ground you’d like to eat directly. I already have 4 pages so it can’t get that much better anymore, 5 is the maximum.

I like the idea, I thought of it a few months ago and then a few times here and there but I haven’t suggested it.

I wouldn’t say it’s that important. You should prioritise what is in your bagspace anyways… Reminds me of Winter HC 2010, there were so many rewards… but your bagspace limited what you could take out. So you had to prioritse the worth of all the items to choose what to leave behind.

Well yes but even if my bag is empty I can’t directly eat something I find, I first have to open the bag and eat it from there. As I said bagspace is irrelevant to this suggestion. Even the original PMD games had “Ground” in the menu where the item could be swapped or used directly, which was quite handy.
Of course it’s not that important but it wastes quite some time, and I can hardly imagine it would be hard to make a button to just use something directly from the ground, without menu.

I will just dissagree with the idea because its not really important.
You can simply drop an item, pick the one you like, use it and then pick the item you just dropped…

I think that Dandy is not thinking right because, this topic is about suggestions, it doesn’t matter how insignificant they might be.
I also think that this is a good idea, maybe pressing enter on an item would bring up a little menu with options such as:’
Use
Put in bag
etc.

Nice idea :joy:

Bumping this thread due to new collective interest in the topic (players discussed a need for it in global, although I admit I started the conversation, the populous was in agreement and suggested bumping this thread in favor of making a new one) Basically what the original post mentioned, it would be so much more painless just to immediately consume food off the floor with a single button rather than having to pull open inventory and often having to make room for it.

A more recent thread also discussing this topic is here, so I’ll quote Andy’s response in that thread that never really got answered.

1 Like

The only problem I have with swapping is you are potentially dropping high value items repetitively, assuming it’s swapping your held item. and as for stacked items, I don’t see how that is any different from picking them up, you’d consume or not be able to consume them in normal pick up order. So is he saying that the key will swap held items, throw sticks (and the like), and use consumables based on what is under foot? because honestly the sounds like a perfect idea.

1 Like