MAPS!

[hr][/hr]

b a s e

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/wJ91FNO.png[/thumb]

[i]Over the span of several weeks, locals have been in a frantic stir over a series of rumors that have been spread throughout town regarding a group of mischievous Pokemon stealing, vandalizing, and harassing the townsfolk and their belongings. The accounts of the group are all scrambled from the rumors, yet the townsfolk remain uneasy at the thought of the pranksters and who their next target may be. You were assigned the task of locating these hooligans down and bringing them to justice.

After searching the outskirts of Exbel Plains, you managed to find a large campsite. From the looks of it, the area was still being used, as piles of fresh berries were scattered around the massive stump table. From the nearby cliff walls were strange paintings and mangled banners. The small clay hut was defaced with poor illustrations in bright paints that were, surprisingly, still damp.[/i]

v i b r a n t - h i l l s

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/KurWUWZ.png[/thumb]

Just beyond Tanren lies this unique paradise. Thanks to the waterfalls from the rivers that connect west of this land, the vegetation thrives. In addition to this, water is rich in minerals and is known for helping young Pokemon recover faster from their illnesses. Totem poles line the cliffs where the lake is located at this oasis, as the natives believe that the ancient relics have significance to the water"s miraculous (supposedly) healing properties. Many adventurers try to visit this place when in the Tanren area due to the beautiful scenery… Will you visit soon?

h i d d e n - b e a c h

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/xU13giI.png[/thumb]

Known for being the best place for beach parties, this reclusive area is blocked by naturally occurring cliffs and hills, making access difficult. The steep descending hills make ideal makeshift pools for the Pokemon that can actually make it through the rigorous dungeon that protects this small region. Small gangs of Pokemon fight for their own rights to this small beach, and often will swarm the dungeon to secure the small piece of partying property.

l i l i k y o s

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/BMLXb66.png[/thumb]

Lilikyos a popular region for vacations, is located south of the mainland. Adventurers must Fly or Surf to get to this tropical territory. However, the route can be dangerous due to the many storms and heavy rain showers for those that take to the waters, and the lightning and fog can prove difficult to navigate through for the flying type. Most of Lilikyos is pleasant tropics, and a great place to relax and unwind from the stresses of exploration, however for those who can"t rest without a good dungeon, the locals say that there"s a cavern home to the thugs that plague the island. If you"re willing to stop your vacation to stop some ruffians, you may get a few Poke from it…

[hr][/hr]
during the beginning of November, I wanted to do a daily mapping challenge where I’d ask people what to map / map something random and then screenshot it and yeah… but unfortunately it didn’t really lift off due to the increasing amounts of schoolwork I was getting.
I may try a daily mapping challenge this month but eh! here are some maps that I’ve done so far. :D I know there’s a lot of mistakes in the maps but these are a bit old so I don’t mind too much at this point-- I’m satisfied enough with them to present them to you all!
I’m aware about the lack of turning tiles used in the cliffs on the Vibrant Hills map, as well as the missing cloud tile in the picture. As mentioned before, the maps are pretty outdated so I’ll add newer versions up later to replace these older screenshots! o:
Also, I’m planning on revamping these maps when I get the chance due to the obvious errors/blandness in them (especially the hidden beach one; that was the first map I actually did!). Just because the map editor isn’t updated as much as the one was in-game doesn’t mean I can’t make cool maps! You work with what you get, you know?
January maps have been added.

Cool! I’ll turn in the first request, something dark, a forest or a cave. With some shadowy and creepy feeling to it.
Good luck ^o^