Marker for which languages players speak?

A recent incident on global reminded me about the language rule on global. I get why the rule exists but it has never really sat right with me since it can make it very hard for players who speak enough english to download the game but not quite enough for asking players for help.

Since the rule is probably going to be sticking around for the foreseeable future, would it be possible to at least have a way for players to show which languages they’re capable of speaking, so that non-English speaking users know who to approach in the scenario that they need help? I think it would really help these users out a lot!

In terms of execution, maybe putting a language flag before the name? So for example, if I were to post in global it would show [Global] (EN Flag) Turtwig A: my message. To prevent spam it could be limited to maybe like 2 or 3 flags.

Not sure if this is possible or not but something should really be done so we dont get walls of other languages asking stuff staff can’t help them with

2 Likes

Don’t forget we aren’t allowed to talk other languages in global, even so, it can be also easily solved if we add in Status command our languages too.

2 Likes

I speak in English most of the time (Because I’m active in lots of gaming things, SMBX is an example), but my native language is Brazillian Portuguese. I also know very little about Spanish, and words in Japanese I could count on my fingers.