My Mappings

got a new map done~ Credit to Mad for taking the pic. My first beach map

Map 6: Sunshine Shoreline

Getting better and better with each map, IAP! Clap clap.

Here are some suggestions to improve your map!

Sunshine Shoreline
(Very nice use of alliteration. I see what you did thar.)

-Add some more detail / variety to the sand perhaps. Looks a bit on the plain side.

-Use the larger stairs instead of multiple smaller ones. (Near the middle of the map, behind the two trees.)

-Maybe make the trees less symmetrical? (Not needed, but doesn"t feel natural at the moment.)

-If it is a “shoreline” why don"t you take out some sand at the bottom of the map and add some water? This would reduce the problem of the “lack of detail on the sand” and it would make the map more interesting and diverse.

~Agun.

Thank you, again for the wonderful comments.

1. I tried using the bigger stairs, but it just didnt look right when you look at it.
  2. I tried to do water but i just could NOT make it look right, also, didnt really think out the name enough… XD

This is probably the house i worked most on. Credit to Dausk for taking the pic.

Map 7: PMU Canyon

owo More comments are on their way!

PMU Canyon
(Reminds me alot of Tanren.)

• It"s lacking in details. The cliffs are completely fine, but I just feel like the map is a bit too plain as of yet.

• The squarish cliff"s corner towards the top right seems a bit off.

• The colors are wonderful. A warm feel to it.

• Near the top left, there is a tree that is going in front of the cliff.

~Agun.

Hm, I have to agree a lot with what PTD is saying on PMU Canyon:

~There are not many details going on here. I would suggest maybe adding rocks here or there. You seem to have enough trees though, lol. Also a few grass tufts might be a cool addition as well.

~The cliffs are a little squarish, they could use a little more form. Also there seems cliff consistency issues with height.
Remember: If cliffs are connected, their overall height should be the same in all places. (unless you are creating slopes of course).

~I do like the trees you chose to compliment this map. They give a nice color contrast, but as I said before, it seems a little monotonous as the only things present are the trees and cliffs.

~Again, as PTS pointed out, top left, the tree should be behind the cliff.
This is because the way the map is perceived, the cliff is closer to us, not to mention taller, therefore it should be places in front.
The general rule is: The cliff is going to be in front of the object.

~When the left/right side of a cliff

Here are a few errors I tried to point out.

I am happy to see you trying out new things with your maps, do not be discouraged by my criticism. I just hope I was able to help you see the errors and understand how to fix them.
Good luck on your upcoming maps!