PMU Sprite Project: Recruiting Members

What is PMUSP?

PMUSP stands for PMU Sprite Project. The project is a branch of the ODP, Open Development Project. The project remained dead for a good while, but is now back up, and alive. As the staff team has shrunk, we have found it increasingly difficult to manage a lot of things, especially sprites. Therefore, we turn to our loving community for aid, to help develop PMU and enhance everyone’s experience here. We need a fair amount of hands (or paws, fins, whatever!) on board, considering the process of both making, and replacing sprites can be tedious, and requires fair bit of skill. We hope you will be able to deliver the skill we require.

Q.Why should I apply?

Apart from seeing and recruiting new Pokemon in dungeons, here’s why:

• To allow PMU staff to work on other features & content.
  • To gain experience from a somewhat professional work-environment.
  • Improve your spiriting skills, and receive criticism from brilliant people.
  • Exposure to countless new opportunities.

Not to mention, it can be rather fun and fulfilling seeing your sprite in-game, and of course, being on the PMUSP gives your staff application a rather solid and irrefutable glow.

Q. Er…I don’t have good/any spriting skills!

Worry not, my enthusiastic friend! You need not have excellent spriting skills, you can choose to be taught by some of our very helpful mentors, or simply arrange sprites. Arranging sprites refers to placing sprites in the right format. It requires minimal skills, but its importance cannot be denied. Without the right arrangement, sprites cannot be added to the game, and if spriters began arranging their sprites, it would take them very long before they could start work on another one.

Q. Alright, I’m convinced, but how do I join?

After you’ve done deciding (hopefully after careful thought) you fill out the application:

[b]What interested you to join this project?[/b]

[b]Do you feel you can dedicate yourself to this task?[/b]

[b]Have any experience with spriting? [examples are a plus][/b]

[b]Tell us a bit 'bout yourself! [optional][/b]

[ Try to be as expressive as possible, we want to know what sort of a person you are! ]

After that, send your application to Fennes and me!

Rules and Prerequisites

Contact Erladino and/or Fennes to add you to the PMUSP Discord + Trello board.

[ Erladino on Discord ( Erladino#2979 ), for app submissions, inqueries ]

[ Fennes on Discord ( Phyx/Fen#9101 ), for app submissions ]

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Beeep, beep. Beep boop! Would just like t’say we’ll be focusing on recolouring dungeon tilesets for a while, so if you have the time and the skill, do consider applying! ^^;

:!!: Send your app to me and Fen :!!:

[quote=“Erladino”]
What is PMUSP?

PMUSP stands for PMU Sprite Project. The project is a branch of the ODP, Open Development Project. The project remained dead for a good while, but is now back up, and alive. As the staff team has shrunk, we have found it increasingly difficult to manage a lot of things, especially sprites. Therefore, we turn to our loving community for aid, to help develop PMU and enhance everyone’s experience here. We need a fair amount of hands (or paws, fins, whatever!) on board, considering the process of both making, and replacing sprites can be tedious, and requires fair bit of skill. We hope you will be able to deliver the skill we require.

Q.Why should I apply?

Apart from seeing and recruiting new Pokemon in dungeons, here’s why:

[ul][li]To allow PMU staff to work on other features & content.[/li]
[li]To gain experience from a somewhat professional work-environment.[/li]
[li]Improve your spiriting skills, and receive criticism from brilliant people.[/li]
[li]Exposure to countless new opportunities.[/ul][/li]
Not to mention, it can be rather fun and fulfilling seeing your sprite in-game, and of course, being on the PMUSP gives your staff application a rather solid and irrefutable glow.

Q. Er…I don’t have good/any spriting skills!

Worry not, my enthusiastic friend! You need not have excellent spriting skills, you can choose to be taught by some of our very helpful mentors, or simply arrange sprites. Arranging sprites refers to placing sprites in the right format. It requires minimal skills, but its importance cannot be denied. Without the right arrangement, sprites cannot be added to the game, and if spriters began arranging their sprites, it would take them very long before they could start work on another one.

Q. Alright, I’m convinced, but how do I join?

After you’ve done deciding (hopefully after careful thought) you fill out the application:

[b]What interested you to join this project?[/b]
[b]Do you feel you can dedicate yourself to this task?[/b]
[b]Have any experience with spriting?[/b]
[b]Tell us a bit 'bout yourself! [optional][/b]

[Try to be as expressive as possible, we want to know what sort of a person you are!]

After that, send your application to Fennes and me! :!:

[hr][/hr]

Rules and Prerequisites

[shout]Contact any participant to add you to the ODP/Sprite Chat, and the trello board.
[erladino on skype, for queries][/shout][/quote]

Hello Skye here, I would have loved to join but sadly this is only my tenth day playing. The only sprites I am doing as of now are customs for staff member. Is that okay that I do that?

I apologize for the awkward question but I just want to make sure it is okay. Earlier I made a custom shiny swablu sprite for Fennes. If needed I can add some shinies of the current pokemon just for NPC or staff purposes?