Rebalance Jailbreak Tunnel

Continuing the discussion from Rebalance Jailbreak Tunnel Recruit Rates from Leostel’s post:
There’s a problem with Recruit Rates, but overall, Jailbreak Tunnel really needs an update. Poison and Paralysis without Pecha or Cheri Berries, Sticky Traps without Cleanse Orbs, Geo Pebbles for days (picking so many up that you can end up with more than 100), and multiple mini-bosses that become a chore to defeat just to obtain the Rusty Keys. It says a lot when the Wiki page for Buried Sanctum, the place where the keys unlock, wasn’t created until August 2019. Very few care about Jailbreak Tunnel, and no one really wants to go there due to how obnoxious it can be. Most users at the time would rather explore Seafoam Cove for money, and the other rewards are easily obtained through buying from other players or them getting it themselves because they didn’t bother doing the sidequest.

So, how would the rebalance work? Here’s what I feel could be changed, with possible change ideas from other players.

• Add Berries

Add Oran, Pecha, and Cheri Berries for the Poison/Paralysis problems. Just having the items gives players an opportunity to recover without any Refresh (not obtained until Winden Forest Psyduck Eggs or Mt. Skylift Swablu) or Rest (at 5000 Poké).

PP runs out pretty quickly. The Leppa Berry in front of Jailbreak Tunnel barely helps. Adding Leppa Berries and Ethers in the dungeon would be nice to have.

Grimy Food is not the best when restoring belly due to the side effects. Having Apples would make the dungeon better. Either that, or add Recycle Orbs to change Grimy Food into Apples.

• Remove Sticky Traps and Lower Seal Traps

These traps are a bit much for a lowish level dungeon. Most players would not have a way to handle these traps. Cleanse Orbs would have to be found in another dungeon/bought from the shop while Seal Traps aren’t preventable without Safeguard or Trap Scarf.

• Remove/Reduce Trash Item Drops from Meowth and Drowzee

Meowth drops four other items besides the key: Meowth’s Charm, Apple, Ether, and 66 Poké. The Apple doesn’t even make sense in the way of the dialogue having Meowth get excited about “smelling food” on you. Drowzee, on the other hand, has four berries and an Ether that can be dropped alongside the Key. There’s also the chance they won’t drop anything, which is a bit of a pain. I really feel like they should be similar to Purrloin, who only drops Third Rusty Key, Stolen Jewel, and Stolen Pearl.

These are just my thoughts though on Rebalancing Jailbreak Tunnel. Let me know what you guys think in the comments below.

To add onto all of this, there are zero belly/PP restoring items in here outside of grimy food, so I would recommend adding a note about including some apples/leppa berries/ethers etc.

2 Likes

Completely forgot about PP and Belly Restoring. Added to the main post!~

1 Like

This is an old thread (sorry for necroposting), but I feel like something should be done here.
Jailbreak Tunnel is such a hassle that it doesn’t even appeal to earlygame players.

Another suggestion I have is to put a storage rock / assembly near the entrance, in case you forgot to bring a cut user.

The biggest problem I have with Jailbreak is there isn’t really a reason to go there. I mean it does have meowth, but that’s about it for anything unique. the dungeon can be a decent place to grind for poke, but it competes with the more consistent and easier sour root cave. the dungeon itself is rather unpleasant too, it has many pokemon with status moves and even diglett.

the best thing for the dungeon would probably be a complete remake, increase the dungeon length a bit, and put all the bosses at the end, the current secret exits could be replaced with alternate floors where you go ion the jail cell and always get the keys, except for one dropped by the boss. with this the loot gain from the place would actually be pretty considerable, so it would of course also require a level bump which makes sense anyways as a place containing an entire regions criminals should have fairly high levels.

That’s the only place where you can get Courage Dust outside missions.

false. U can get it from tc as well. However, it is the earliest place.

Edit: You can also get it from Mt. Barricade Secret Room (Floor 5 and 10 only).

1 Like

I think you can get it from a few other places as well, either way fightingseedlings house is the easiest dungeon for getting it anyway, would probably be a bigger problem if courage dust was only found in jailbreak anyways.