A Pinch of Moderation (A guide to being Staff)

This is my favorite staff guide,it sure helps alot maybe I will be a Dev. one day!

note I hope I become just a Dev. I don’t plan on trying to work up from there to something higher,but first I have to wait for a open postition and wait until I get my computer fixed(I need money to do that :( this computer dosen’t download) so for now I can just figure out what will help me

This is my favorite staff guide,it sure helps alot maybe I will be a Dev. one day!

Thank you for your comment! I’m constantly trying to improve it with any useful info, so be sure to check back periodically! (Or if you want it to update faster, talk to me about some of this stuff! Surprisingly, I glean a lot of information about the jobs for all the staff from discussions like that, and make sure to add it where it applies)

BTW: Updated the mapper’s section a bit. Clarifying the role a bit more than just making maps and moderating.

I just remembered I can’t become a Dev. for mini-modding, is there any way to redeem myself?

Yeah. Most offenses are forgivable, so good behavior and being a helpful member to the community is a great way to alleviate that. Also an apology to the mod in question goes a long way too. :3

ok thanks for the help! so after I get my laptop I basiclly just go help new people and hang out with friends like normal? Andy was the one who gave me the warning,but it isn’t a big enough issue for me to PM him is it? I’ll probally try to say I’m sorry to him via chat.

Aahh, thats so nice. :P
Someday, I won’t go apply for being staff here! Or will I?

UPDATED due to staff restructuring and new positions. Storywriters are now part of the creative staff, and composer and graphics artists are now part of the creative staff as well.

Small question, do you still need to apply for Story Writer directly from Player or must you be a Mod or something?

Story Writer got removed. D: They all got bumped to mappers.

I’ll have to get back to you on that. It’s my understanding that storywriters are now separate from the normal staff groupings, but how exactly that works is not clear to me yet.

Wow, I never realized there was so much requirements. I’ll be reading the rest at home after school. I wish I had known about this a while back. Thanks for the help and and wisdom and I hope that other members can feel the same way.

P.S. Your writing skills are amazing and full of perfection. I adore reading this.

Another update:
-Added information about trello.com
-rewording in some of the positions
-Added more side effects
-removal of the storywriter position: (Text can still be viewable here:

And last, but hardly least… Story Writers!
Storywriters are expected to help write and place the various events of the story in PMU (thus, adding some kind of plot to it!), and in doing so enrich the experiences of the players in game.

It is expected that a Story Writer has:

1. Excellent spelling and grammar

2. A handle on character development and dialogue

In order to become a Story Writer, you have to work your way up from a player and have be a prolific writer of Fanfiction or any kind of storywriting. The most important thing we want to see is plot progression, and how they chain their events together.

Wow…it is hard to be come staff, there are so many requirements…

It’s not so much that becoming staff is “hard”, but it is a position of responsibility… and as such, it will require much from you.
Anything in the 1st post of the guide is probably only what should really be considered as “requirements” to being staff. Any of the other two posts are just there as advice, so you know what to expect and how to prepare.

Update:
-added a section on dropbox

I’m seriously thinking about applying to be part of the staff.
The only thing I’m worried about is if school, social life, and other things would get in the way with me being too busy to get on PMU.

Being a Staff member can be a fun and rewarding experience. It’s definitely something worth considering.
Many (if not all), staff balance the same things you mentioned alongside their work on PMU. Generally, it’s preferred that you give priority to your obligations to staff, but the staff do understand when school or health becomes a greater priority.

Yeah, I figured they go through the same things I said xD
But I’m still not sure what to be if I do become part of the staff. I’ve been debating with myself whether or not to be a Spirter or an Advertiser.

Hey, I saw there are no chatmods, so I’m applying to become the first then ;P
Was send here by Whitewing when I told there are no Chatmods…
-Metallix

Chatmods tend to get promoted to ingame mods, which is why you tend not to see them in the staff list right now. Best of luck in your application, and feel free to ask if you have any questions about the process or details about the position.

UPDATE TIME!
-Added an analysis on the current staff app and what makes each section important.
-Added MORE side effects.
-Trimmed outdated links