Abby the Absol

This is the story of Abby that was a character in Mystic the Absol. I do not claim Abby, Marusaki, Mystic, Birdeh, Luli, Jinx, or Pikablu as my own. I hope you enjoy “Abby the Absol”.
[hr][/hr]
It’s been days since the flood came. Her little brother was gone, her parents were gone; she was alone. Unknowing what would happen next, she continued to walk down the path of the river. She kept a steady mind, focusing on what was ahead. A wind blew from behind her; the grass following the way of the wind.
She then stopped in her tracks. After pushing along the ground, she laid down to rest. Her mind focused on her family; how Absol woke her up unexpectedly, how the storm came close, all the way to the rushing of the water. She didn’t know how long she was out, but waking up after that flash flood, she felt exceedingly famished and extremely bruised. A sound rustled near her, which made her stand up quickly. She looked over to where the noise was, but she saw nothing.

“Hello?” she called out, “Anyone there?” No response. Curiosity getting the better of her, she walked over to the place of the noise. Her movement was slow and shaken from the cause of lack of food. She finally reached the surrounding trees and carefully looked from behind a tree. She saw a purple imp with jewels for eyes, a purple snake with feisty yellow eyes, and a blue land shark with one sharp claw on each hand.

“We’ve finally got it boss,” the purple imp said, placing a bag on the ground.

“It may have taken a little while senssse thossse ressscue teamsss sure made it difficult for us to be sssneaky,” the snake explained, “But in the end, we’ve got the Dawn Stone.”

The blue land shark snatched the bag and opened it. He took out a shiny blue stone out of the bag. Grinning, he placed the stone back into the bag. “Great work you two. It’s time for us to finally get our gang member.”

Thieves, Abby thought. She decided to creep away slowly, but, to her demise, her stomach growled. The three looked over to Abby quickly. It was no good to run; she was too weak to move. She watched in freight as the land shark walked over to her.

“Well, well, what do we have here?” he asked. The others cackled as Abby slowly curled into the ground.

“If I’m not missstaken,” the purple snake started, “Thisss Absssol iss from the Old Landsss.”

“Old Lands, huh?” The blue shark leaned in closer, Abby backing away. “Heh, I see why the Old Lands were abandoned. This Absol is so finicky.” The other members laughed, making Abby sweat from the pressure.

“So, Boss, what shall we do to our intruder?” the imp asked.

I’m dead… Abby thought, I’m so dead! They’re going to kill me! She tried to scream, but something caught in her throat. She remembered that she never drank any water for two days, despite the river flowing next to her. She was just too distracted. The land shark leaned in closer and moved his claw on Abby’s side. Her blood ran chill as the land shark went down his path.

The land shark removed his claw and finally said, “We’re going to take this Absol.”

The imp and the snake gasped. Both of them looked at each other, possibly thinking the same thoughts. “S-Sir, are you out of your mind!?” the imp cried.

“Thisss Absssol is from the Old Landsss! Why are we taking it in!?” the snake called out.

“Just look at her! This Absol hasn’t ate in days,” the land shark explained. “She doesn’t even have the strength to run away or speak loudly.”

The imp started, “B-But, Boss-”

“But nothing,” the land shark interrupted. “Even if we are bandits, we should have the decency to at least help her out. She’s completely immune to the outside world in the New Lands.”

The snake and the imp stayed silent for a bit before the snake said, “Alright then, sssir, I trussst you.”

The imp nodded. “Yeah, you’re the boss! If you say what you’re saying, then we’ll be with you all the way!”

The land shark smiled. “Alright, now that we’re clear on that… Rick,” he pointed to the imp. “Find some apples and berries.”

“Sir!” Rick exclaimed with a salute before running off.

“Gavin, you shall gather the water.” He grabbed an empty container and threw it to Gavin.

“Sssir!” he called before snatching the container and slithering off.

The land shark then picked up Abby in his arms and carried her to his hideout. “I’m sorry if we startled you like that. Though we may be thieves, I’m not letting someone torture herself like that.”

Abby relaxed in the comfort of his arms. Weakly, she said, “I-I’m sorry for… Coming to your camp…”

The land shark placed Abby down onto some soft hay, in which she thanked the land shark quietly.

“Well, before you can relax, I should introduce myself. My name is Kevin-” he made a pose with his claw raised in the air. “-and I am the leader of the gang Swift Silver!” He put down his claw and then sat in front of Abby. “And may I ask who you are?”

“I-I’m… Abby.” Abby’s eyelids came down and she fell into a deep slumber.

[i]Abby opened her eyes to see three figures. Three Absol, she could tell right away. She ran quickly to the three Absol to see that it was her father, mother, and brother.

“M-Mom? Dad? Absol! Y-You’re here!” Abby cheered.

Abby’s dad looked down. “I’m sorry Abby, but we must tell you the truth.”

“T-Truth?”

“Honey, we’re not truly alive. We were killed in the flood. Me, your father, and your brother.” Soon, the figures started to fade.

“N-No… Please, don’t leave me!”

Absol smiled. “We’re not going to leave! We’re with you all the way!”

Abby’s mother nodded. “No matter what happens, we are with you. Always look to your heart.”

Soon, they faded into almost complete darkness. “Wait!” she cried, “Don’t fade away! Please! Come back!”[/i]

“NO!” Abby screamed out, panting as she was surrounded by Rick, Gavin, and Kevin. She looked around and jumped backwards into the bark of the tree.

“Wow, Boss, looks like she’s a real mover after waking up like that,” Rick teased.

“Heh, ssshe sssure did jump!” Gavin commented.

“She sure did sleep well, didn’t she boys?” Kevin asked. Both Gavin and Rick nodded.

“Wh-What?” Abby stuttered.

“Well, good morning, Sleeping Beauty! How did you sleep?” Kevin questioned.

Abby rubbed the back of her head with her paw, grinning sheepishly. She looked around to see she was still in the grove of tree circling around the hideout. Kevin handed her a few Apples and some Oran Berries. She saw the food placed in front of her, reminding her of how hungry she was.

“Well, what you waiting for? Go ahead and eat!” Kevin exclaimed.

She grabbed an Apple and started to eat. Kevin smiled and said, “Me and my members are going to talk in private for a while. You know, secret meeting.” Abby nodded before Kevin, Gavin, and Rick walked into the forest.

She continued to eat until all the food given to her was in her stomach. She laid on the ground, happy to have had something given to her. She then focused on her dream. Her dream said that her father, mother, and brother were dead, yet she refused to believe that they were truly dead. She rolled over to her side and thought for a while.

Then a crack of a branch made her look quickly. She carefully observed her surroundings before a yellow mouse came out of nowhere and struck her with an electric bolt. She screamed loudly, falling to the ground. The mouse looked at the Absol and shook its head head. “This isn’t the Pokemon I thought it was. And to think I defeated it in one shock… Heh, my mission isn’t to worry about this Absol.” The mouse then took off. She tried focusing to stay conscious, but she fainted from the force of the shock.

“Seriously, she was defeated in one hit. She can’t get around with this type of power. She should be taken home immediately!”

“Your right, ssshe’sss not able to protect herssself.”

“It’s true, you two. She’s weak. She’s powerless, even. But we don’t even know where in the Old Lands she lives! And we don’t even know if she has any relatives or anyone to protect her.”

“Ssso, what are you sssuggessting, Bossss?”

“We… We keep her on the team until she’s ready to fight for herself.”

“We can’t keep her on the team! If she’s on the team, she’ll be thought of as one of us! Do you know how risky that is?”

“I understand the risks, but we can’t just go into Grassroot Town and say, ‘Hey, we have an Absol from the Old Lands! Who wants to take her home?’ We’re stuck with the option of keeping her on the team for her protection.”

“Boss, she’s also… She’s not a crook. What makes you sure she wants to join us, a group of bandits?”

“She doesn’t know anyone from our land, and she’s a very timid Absol. She barely has a choice.”

“I’m sssure that we could make arrangementsss of sssome sssort…”

A sigh sounded. “We don’t know many Pokemon that are of the land that would listen to us.”

A brief silence lasted until finally, the silence was broken with, “Alright, Sir, I just hope you know what you’re doing.”

Abby grunted as she got up. “Oh, you’re awake!” Kevin exclaimed.

Rick walked over to Abby and observed her. “Looks like you’ve got struck by a lot of electricity,” he concluded. “Who did this to you?”

“W-Well… It was a yellow… rat of some sort…” Abby explained.

“A Pikachu,” Gavin stated. “That rat must be trying to capture us again.”

“A Pikachu? I’ve heard of those Pokemon, but I haven’t been able to see them because my parents…” she then quieted down.

Kevin looked at Abby’s face to see the story. “Well, it doesn’t matter. Let’s move, gang.”

“Yes, sir!” Gavin and Rick then packed up the supplies.

Abby watched in awe as Gavin and Rick grabbed the materials. They moved quickly, almost to the point of blinding speed as they carried the materials they laid out into two packs. Kevin saw Abby’s amusement and grinned. “This is how we roll, Abby.”

“Uh… Mister?” Abby asked.

“Oi, it’s not mister young lady! I will be referred to as ‘sir’ or ‘boss’!” Kevin explained.

“Eep! R-Right… Sir? Uh, what should I do?” Abby asked.

“Easy! You’re coming with us!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Wh-wh-what!?” Abby yelled.

“Told you she would freak,” Rick whispered to Gavin, who gave a chuckle in reply.

“Yep, you heard me!” Kevin exclaimed. “You have to pay for my kindness that I’ve given you, so what better way than to show your loyalty to me?”

“B-But…”

“No buts, lady! I rescued you, so what better way to repay me than to come along? I mean, you have no money to give, so you’re gonna pay with labor work!” Abby stood stunned at what happened, unable to argue back.

“Everything’sss packed, sssir!” Gavin commented.

“Good, now let’s move on!” Kevin then grabbed Abby and dragged her along, with the two following behind.

Abby, screaming and struggling to break free, was dragged along by Kevin while Gavin and Rick followed behind. Rick, annoyed by the girl’s screaming, pleaded, “Can’t we just stuff her mouth with something to shut her up!?”

“Ssstop being sssuch a wimp,” Gavin replied, “Ssshe’sss going to ssshut up after a while.”

“Gavin’s correct here. And anyways, we’re reaching our destination soon.” They came to a mountain, in where there was a hole in the side of the mountain.

“Now that looks like my type of place to live!” Rick exclaimed.

“IF YOU THINK YOU WILL DRAG ME INTO THAT CAVE, DON’T THINK ABOUT IT! YOU’RE NOT GOING TO MAKE ME STAY WITH YOU!” Abby yelled.

“Hush now, you don’t want to make a rock slide, now do you?” Kevin asked. Abby quickly covered her mouth with her free paw.

Finally entering the cave, they looked around. It wasn’t too damp or cold; in fact, it was pretty nice. Kevin placed Abby on the wall of the cave while the others started setting up.

“Alright Abby, go help the others unpack,” Kevin commanded.

“What!?” She quieted down again and looked around for anything that could have fallen. “What makes you think I’ll help you out?” she asked more quietly.

“I’m sure that you might want to help out…” Kevin made his claw glow next to Abby, in which she cringed. She could feel the pulsing of the power in his claw.

With a sheepish grin, she rushed over to Gavin and Rick and started helping out. Rick grinned and gave the pack to Abby. “Take out the bed and start putting it together.” Abby grunted and started taking out pieces of hay. After a little while, she just poured the hay from the bag onto the ground and putting it together.

Gavin looked outside. “Sssir, it’sss ssstarting to get dark. Are we ready for tonight’sss raid?”

Abby flinched at the sound of “raid”. “Wait, I never agreed to this!”

Kevin laughed. “Of course you didn’t. That’s why only me and Rick are going tonight.”

Gavin slithered over to Kevin. “Sssir, are you ssaying that I’m staying behind to watch thisss brat!?”

Abby yelled, “Hey!”

Kevin smirked. “Not only watch; train. Make sure to make her practice sneaking in the dark.”

“Yesss, sssir,” Gavin groaned.

“Alright, we’re off Rick.”

“Yes, sir!” Kevin and Rick then disappeared into the evening.

Abby watched as they ran off and groaned. “Now I have to be stuck with a snake!?”

Gavin started wrapping around Abby. “That’sss Ekansss to you, Absssol. Now, you shall make sure to lisssten to everything I sssay, or elssse.”

Abby twitched. Why did it have to be me? she asked herself in her thoughts.

“No, that’sss not how you do it. More agility.”

Abby continued to run though the forest.

“Too heavy on the feet. Think light.”

Abby grunted as she continued to run. Her legs tired her, but she couldn’t stop in fear that Gavin would chomp on her. Gavin slithered around trees, watching Abby’s every move. Abby then slammed face into the tree that came from darkness. Gavin wrapped around Abby’s foreleg and hissed.

“You would have been caught by now. Go again.”

Abby groaned. “Seriously, how come it’s me that has to be stuck in this!?” she yelled.

Gavin hissed. “No complaining, Absssol. Go again.”

Abby grumbled as she walked back to the beginning of the course.

Kevin and Rick continued down the path, stealing house to house. They finally came to a lit house. “Let’s avoid this house until later, Rick,” Kevin whispered.

“Sir.” He took out the map and marked it until moving onward. He was passing by it until he heard a familiar name.

“-Absol doing here? Holiday Cave isn’t opened…”

“Boss, come check this out,” Rick whispered.

Kevin sneaked next to Rick and asked, “What is it?”

“Listen.” Kevin sighed and silenced himself.

“-belongs to a rescue team.”

“Maybe, or maybe he could have come from the Old Land.”

“You mean… Mt. Moon?”

“Mt. Moon?” Kevin asked.

Rick gasped. “Look, Boss.” When looking, they saw an Absol. It was a young male Absol, probably not fit to go alone.

“I did live at Mt. Moon… But not anymore… I don’t know where I am…”

“Thinking what I’m thinking, Boss?” Rick asked. Kevin nodded.

“Abby may have a story to tell us tonight.”

“Bossss, what have you brought?” Gavin asked. Abby laid on the ground, panting from the stress that Gavin put her through.

Kevin placed the bag next to Gavin. “Take a look.”

Gavin searched through the bag. “Hm… This is lessss than before. I sshould have come along…”

Rick then stood on Gavin’s tail, which made Gavin yell out. “Do you mind!?” he yelled.

Kevin sat next to Abby, who was still panting. Taking note of this, Kevin said, “Seems you had a work-out. What did Gavin do to you?”

Abby sat up. “He made me go and run across the forest over and over again! I ran into the same tree six times! Look-” She pointed to her face. “This was the result of my ‘training’!”

Kevin laughed, in which Abby huffed out her chest. “Hey! It’s not funny!” she cried out.

Kevin, after a little bit of laughter, finally stopped. “Well, put it this way. Now you’ll have a stronger face.”

“I-I… What?” Abby asked, confused.

“Well, you’re a little more stronger than you look. Gavin put you through a lot, and yet here you are; a survivor.”

Abby groaned. “Stop it. You’re just a terrible, no good Pokemon!”

Kevin laid down. “I wasn’t always like that.”

Gavin wrapped around Kevin’s arm. “Well, that explainsss why you took in thisss bratty Absssol.”

Abby grunted. “You mean ‘captured’.”

“Sir, even though I’m afraid to ask this…” Rick started.

“Fear is natural, Rick,” Kevin explained.

“Right… So uh… Well… About our raid tonight. Well, uh… Did you see our wanted posters?” Rick asked.

“No, I believe I haven’t recently. Do tell.”

“W-Well, we are costing so much! I mean, we are almost over the one-hundred thousand mark!”

“What!?” Gavin exclaimed. “Your sssaying that we’re that much worth!?”

Abby groaned. “So I’m in with a high-ranking mob? Great…”

“This is impressssive for a group of banditsss like usss. What are we wanted for the most?” Gavin asked.

“W-Well… Pokemon-napping…” Rick answered.

“Wait, they know about Abby?” Kevin asked.

“I don’t know if that’s the cause, or if they’re blaming us for stealing a Pokemon we never stole…” Rick then sat down and sighed. “We couldn’t clear our names anyhow, no matter how hard we tried.”

“Bossss, what do you suggest? Ssshall we go to sssomewhere else?” Gavin asked.

Kevin thought for a bit. The silence ate at Abby’s patience, so she said, “We should stay here.”

Gavin and Rick looked at Abby. Gavin questioned, “Oh, ssso you think thisss place will be fine for usss to live? What makesss you ssso sssure?”

“W-Well…” Abby sighed. “I think that one of my family members still live and are alive somewhere here…”

Rick and Gavin looked at each other. Rick asked, “What makes you have this feeling?”

Abby shook her head. “I… Don’t know. I just have a good feeling…”

Kevin got up and nodded. “So, you believe that your family is somewhere here?”

Abby looked down. “I don’t know… I… Think so…”

Kevin smiled. “Well then, here’s the real question. Is this feeling from your brain or your heart?”

Abby looked up, remembering the dream.

“No matter what happens, we are with you. Always look to your heart.”

“I-It is my heart speaking,” Abby said.

Kevin smirked. “Then what are you worried about? Your heart never lies to you. Nor does your gut in some cases.” And with that, he let out a mighty laugh.

Abby smiled. “I guess you aren’t really evil, are you?”

Kevin patted Abby on her back. “If I was, I would have left you out there, attacked by every Pokemon that came across your path.”

“I just hope that my brother isn’t in trouble…” Abby then rolled over to her side. “I would kill myself if I let something happened to my brother…”

After a while of chatting, Abby, Gavin, and Rick fell asleep. Kevin looked up into the sky to watch the stars.

She’s so weak… Yet she’s so determined… She would do anything to protect her brother. Kevin spotted a star soaring through the sky. Maybe… Just maybe… Her brother is with the other Pokemon in that house. That could have been him. I wonder… Tomorrow night, I shall have my little mission.

The morning light shone through the cave, waking Abby and the others up. They stretched a little to wake up.

“Good morning everyone,” Kevin said.

“Morning, Boss!” Gavin and Rick said.

“Ugg… Morning… Do I have to get up?” Abby muttered to herself.

“Oh, looks like we have a late-riser,” Kevin stated. Gavin and Rick chuckled to each other as Kevin started to scratch Abby’s back.

Chills ran down Abby’s back, making her stand up quickly. “I’m up! I’m up!” she exclaimed.

Gavin chuckled. “That remindsss me of some Sssableye I kno-”

“Shut up,” Rick interrupted.

Abby rubbed her eyes. “Why are we getting up so early?”

“We need to get breakfast of course!” Kevin exclaimed.

“And where are we getting that?” Abby asked.

“We’re going to explore a dungeon to get our food, of course!”

Abby gasped. “A… Dungeon? B-But, I never been in a dungeon before!”

Kevin, Rick, and Gavin laughed. Kevin said in laughter, “Y-You never been in a dungeon before? Wh-what, were you a princess or something?”

“What!? No!” Abby exclaimed, “I just never got to explore since Mom and Dad never allowed me to explore one!”

“I wonder where all that exploration spirit went then?” Rick asked.

“W-Well… My brother was always excited about the sound of dungeons… But… That’s because he is young and stupid,” Abby explained.

“Then we must be as well!” Kevin joked.

“Wait, wha-No! I mean…” Abby stuttered.

“Heh, I know what you meant,” Kevin said. “But dungeons are always fun. And since you’re stuck with us, you’re going to explore the easiest dungeon for your breakfast.”

“Wait, am I going… Alone?” Abby asked, afraid what the answer might be.

“Well, we were thinking of letting Rick join you, but that sounds like a great idea!” Kevin exclaimed.

I shouldn’t have said anything! Abby thought as they got ready to go forward.

Abby was brought to a more forest-based place spiraling downwards. She looked at the entrance of the dungeon and thought for a bit.

“R-Really, I don’t think that I’m ready for this…” Abby said, trying to get out.

“Nonsense!” Kevin exclaimed. “You wouldn’t allow yourself to have your own brother beat you in courage, now would you?”

“B-But…” Abby stuttered.

“Go on, Absssol,” Gavin encouraged.

“This is a very simple dungeon,” Rick explained. “And anyways, didn’t you get trained last night to be sneaky?”

“W-Well… Yeah…” Abby said.

“Well then, use your stealth! You’ll get your breakfast in no time!” Rick said.

Abby looked at the entrance and gulped. She slowly stepped forward. She looked back to three smiling faces, with Kevin and Rick waving. She gathered up her courage by inhaling and stepped through the entrance of the dungeon.

She looked back again to see that there was now a wall in front of the entrance. Her eyes widened as she realized that she was trapped. She looked around quickly and started running. Looking back, she noticed that a bunch of rats were chasing her. She ran quicker, trying to get out of sight. She saw a set of stone stairs coming close. Instead of letting a pair of random stairs confuse her, she ran down the stairs. She then saw that there were a bunch of rats on the next floor, so she tried going back. But, to her avail, the stairs disappeared behind her. She carefully stepped down, hoping that none of the rats would see her. She walked forward and avoided their gaze. Then she ran into a pink blob with some leaves coming out of its head. She gasped and ran backwards. Down the third set of stairs that see found and finally, the fourth set.

She gasped for air as she found herself unharmed. She sighed in relief before coming face-to-face with a bipedal leaf with roses for hands.

“It’s not everyday that I see a Pokemon from the Old Lands,” this leafy thing said.

“I-I’m not really coming to bother you! I-I’m just g-getting breakfast,” Abby explained.

“Oh, is that so?” The leaf then pointed her rose at Abby. “Then have a painful amount of Poison Sting!” The leaf then fired a barrage of pointed thorns at Abby.

She ran out of the way and yelled, “What’s wrong with you!?”

“Hm, nothing’s wrong with me. You’re just an Absol that is in the wrong place.” The rose continued to fire many thorns at Abby, in which she ran to dodge each sting. Abby ducked behind a bush to hide. There, she found a bunch of berries growing on the bush. Seeing this, she started to pick some berries before a bunch of thorns poked at Abby. She flew into the back of the grassy wall as the rose came closer.

“I see you can’t fight. This means it will be easier to finish you off.” The rose then pointed her rose at Abby and fired many thorns. Abby ran out of the way and fell into the water with a splash. She got back out of the water and onto land, shaking off the water on her fur. Before she finished, the rose shot more thorns at Abby, in which she pushed herself forward. By accident, she propelled herself next to the rose. She swung her head where the rose was, making the rose step backwards.

“My horn did that?” she muttered to herself.

“Oh, you’re going to pay for that!” The rose then took aim and started firing at Absol. She launched herself away from the attack and slashed her horn at the rose. After doing this a few times, the rose fell to the ground.

“I-I defeated her?” Abby asked. “I… defeated her… I defeated her! I actually won!” She started cheering and skipping along. Then she stopped to see a light come from one of the walls. She decided to grab a few berries from the bush before entering that light. When entering the light, she felt a tingle and plop.

“Hey Abby! You made it!”

“H-Huh?” She looked up to see Kevin and Gavin.

“Well, Absssol did it… Shame,” he commented.

“Heh, ignore Gavin, Abby,” Kevin stated. “You completed your first mystery dungeon all by yourself!”

“That was a mystery dungeon!?” Abby asked.

“Yep, you entered a mystery dungeon, you exited a mystery dungeon.” Kevin then took a bite out of his Apple. “So, what you get?”

“W-Well…” she showed her berries that she got from the bushes.

Gavin looked at the berries. “Wait, aren’t these Roselia’sss berriesss?”

“Y-Yeah, I think so…” she scratched the back of her head. “Roselia attacked me, and I somehow defeated her and grabbed these berries off a bush…”

Gavin wrapped himself around Abby. “No way! I couldn’t defeat her on my firssst attempt on that dungeon. Kevin had to sssave me from Rossselia’sss wrath! And you actually beat her on your firssst attempt? I’m proud of you, kid!”

“Y-Yeah! C-Can you… G-Get off of me!?” Abby pleaded, in which Gavin released quickly.

“Sssorry kid. I’m jusst happy for you.” Gavin gave a smile to Abby.

“If you managed to impress Gavin that much, you should enjoy your breakfast you got, Abby,” Kevin explained.
“Heh, I guess so.” Abby grinned before asking. “Uh… Where’s Rick?”

“Ssstill trying to obtain hisss food, I guessss,” Gavin said.

All a sudden, a flash came into the room. When the light died down, a beaten up Rick appeared.

“Ohh, too bad, Rick,” Kevin said.

Rick sighed. “That darn Diglett destroyed me. Sometimes, I wish I could avoid his sandy traps he leaves everywhere…”

“Well, we know what to do here. Everyone has to split their portion for poor Rick here.” Kevin grabbed an Apple and passed it to Rick. Gavin gave some of his Oran Berries over to Rick’s pile of donated food. Abby decided it would be best to sacrifice her own food for Rick, so she grabbed some berries and put it into Rick’s pile.

Rick stared at Abby for a bit. “You’re saying that this newbie actually succeeded?”

Kevin grinned. “She did, in which you didn’t. Looks like Rick’s having a bad day if we had to be giving him food.”

Abby looked at Kevin. “Wait, so what’s the punishment for not getting breakfast and having others give to you?”

Kevin grin grew wider. “Glad you asked, Abby.” Gavin grinned as well, making Rick feel uncomfortable.

“Come on guys, is this really necessary!?” Rick called out, hanging from a pole string.

“Yep! You have to get a bird egg from the bird’s nest!” Kevin called out.

“Yesss! And you have to keep on that dressss that Absssol made for you to frighten the birds away!” Gavin yelled.

“The bow was a nice touch, Abby,” Kevin complimented.

“Well, sir, I just wanted to know that a boy can look good while hanging from a string,” Abby teased.

“I can hear you!” Rick yelled.

“Did you get the egg yet, Rick?” Kevin asked.

“I… Yes! I have it!” Rick exclaimed.

“Good, now put it back into the nest!” Kevin called out.

“WHAT!?” Rick cried out, “YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!”

Gavin looked over and saw something in the distance. “Sssir, exploration team coming in from the ssside,” Gavin said.

“Well, is that so…” Kevin started.

“Got it! Now let me down!” Rick called out.

“Alright, I’ll get you down then.” Kevin jumped from the ground onto the tree all the way to the top, where the pole was implanted. Sadly, Kevin accidentally knocked away the lose rock, making Rick fall. Rick yelled as he fell from the high cliff. Kevin, Gavin, and Abby cringed as he fell down into the tree, hopping from each branch. Finally, Rick fell to the ground, covered in leaves from the trees, laying where he fell.
Seeing as the exploration team came closer, Gavin gave a tapping signal before slithering into a tree. Kevin hid behind the rock that held Rick’s pole. Rick slid into the shadows of the tree and blended into the shadow. Abby looked around, looking for a place to hide, before choosing a random tree.

After a while of waiting, a ticking noise sounded and Gavin came out of the tree. Kevin hopped from the cliff and landed onto Rick’s foot, making Rick wince in pain as he left his disguise. Abby just walked out from behind the tree.

Kevin looked at Rick. “Sorry about that, Rick.” Rick tried to give a smile, but returned to rubbing the pain in his foot when Kevin looked away. “Anyways, we better get a move on to the more fun.”

“More fun?” Abby asked.

“He meansss another dungeon, Absssol,” Gavin answered, making Abby disappointed.

“Another dungeon?” Abby asked, “Are you kidding me!?”

“Nope. We are going to do a dungeon to train.” Kevin walked over to Abby. “Anyways, you’re learning to fight, so it may be a nice learning experience.”

“Where to, sssir?” Gavin asked.

“We’re going to go to Mt. Skylift for today’s training,” Kevin answered. “You got the Escape Orb, Rick?”

“Yes, sir.” Rick pulled out a shiny orb. “Remember, we must all be together before I activate the Escape Orb.”

“Yesss, we know Rick,” Gavin said.

“Okay, gotta make sure since I remember one Pokemon being left behind in Happiness Lake,” Rick emphasized.

“Ssssssilence, fool!” Gavin threatened.

“Alright, we should make sure that Rock Smash is used so we can go through quickly.”

Rock Smash? My dad used that when we were going to our new home, Abby thought.

“Alright, let’s go guys!”

“Yes, sir!”

Surprisingly, Mt. Skylift opened easier than thought. They sneaked pass the rescue team gathering around and finally reached the entrance. Sadly, in the dungeon, Gavin fainted first and was sent back. Next, Abby fainted and appeared next to Gavin, both of them unconscious. Rick then fainted, appearing next to Abby and Gavin. All this happened before they got to the twelfth floor. Kevin finished the dungeon alone and appeared next to all three, disappointed in his team.

“Sir, we failed,” Rick and Gavin apologized.

“I expected you guys to at least get halfway, but you three didn’t even make it that far. I understand Abby since she’s new to fighting, but Gavin… You fainted before her. You shouldn’t have fainted so easily to a Pidgey’s Gust. You weren’t even involved in the battle as much as Abby either.”

“Sssorry, sir…” Gavin apologized.

“And for you, Rick, you shouldn’t have fainted to a Starly. You should have focused more on the battle than just letting yourself get defeated from a simple Wing Attack.”

“My apologies…”

“And for you, Abby… This was your second dungeon. You did well, but you must be lighter on your feet. You were focused too much on power than focused on speed.”

“Y-Yes, sir!” Abby saluted.

“Now that we understand what our problems are, let’s move on to recon.”

“Recon?” Abby asked.

“Sir, we’ve never done that before. Why are we doing it now?” Rick asked.

“The point in doing it now is that we must figure out what caused our new outlaw status,” Kevin explained. “Rick, you and Gavin start sneaking around town. Try to listen on to any conversations about our gang.”

“Yes sir!” they called out before running.

“Abby, you’re going to draw attention to yourself,” Kevin said.

“Wh-What?” Abby asked.

“They don’t know about you yet. So, you shall go and attract some attention so we can get ourselves ready for recon,” Kevin explained.

“What if I get attacked?” Abby asked.

“I’m pretty sure that Grassroot won’t attack you.” Kevin chuckled. “In fact, they’ll be interested in you.”

“W-Well, if you say so, Boss…”

“Alright, let’s do this then.”

Abby was surprised that what Kevin said would be true. All the Pokemon were interested about her. She was the focus of attention, but she then wished she didn’t have so much Pokemon surrounding her. In freight, she ran away as quickly as she could, in which the Grassroot Pokemon just watched her go before getting back to what they were doing. Kevin, Rick, and Gavin then listened to conversation, carefully paying attention to what the Pokemon said. They all met up at their hideout after they were done. Abby sat there, panting.

“Sheesh, I didn’t expect so much attention like that…” Abby said breathlessly.

“Well, you sssure did a great job there. I barely had to ssslither silently becaussse you were the main focusss.” Gavin then turned to Kevin. “Now, ssshould I say what I heard firssst?”

“Of course Gavin. What did you find out?” Kevin asked.

“Well, besidesss everyone talking about Abby, we’re not truly having any problemsss besidesss our thievery.”

“Nothing about being wanted for Poke-napping?” Kevin asked, looking at Rick.

“Nothing of that, sssir,” Gavin answered.

“How strange,” Kevin said, “Nothing about Poke-napping on my end either. So, want to explain, Rick?”

Rick sweated. “W-W-Wheheheh… I was discovered…”

“So, I guess that’s out of the way for Rick’s false information.” Kevin cleared his throat. “Anything else to report, Gavin?”

“Why, yesss. I believe there wasss something about a certain Absssol, about how cute it is,” Gavin teased.

“Oh, whatever. I know I’m cute,” Abby said.

“Well, another Absssol. I heard that thisss Absssol came from the Old Landsss and are in the care of-”

“Wait, could it be!?” Abby interrupted.

“M-hm. It may be,” Kevin exclaimed. “There’s another Absol that came from the Old Lands. His name is Mystic, from my resources.”

“Oh…” Abby faltered a bit. “Then it’s not my brother then…” Abby looked down.

“Well, it’s still something. It’s an Absol from your lands. Maybe it could be someone that you’re familiar with.”

Abby sighed. “Then why did everyone crowd up to me like they never saw an Absol before then?”

Rick put his arm around Abby’s back. “You know, it’s rare to have one Absol from the Old Lands. It’s more rare to have two.”

Abby nodded. “I guess that’s true…”

“Alright then. I’m going to find out more about this Absol tomorrow. From the time it is now,” The sun was disappearing behind the horizon. “It’s going to be raiding time soon.”

“So, who’s training Abby tonight?” Rick asked.

“I had to ask,” Rick complained. “No matter, we’ll see your skill, Abby.”

“But what is this supposed to train me at?” Abby asked, balancing on one foot on a pole they used to hold out Rick.

“As a thief, you need more than just speed and being hidden. You also need balance so you don’t fall from high places,” Rick explained.

While Rick was explaining, Abby yawned and fell off the pole. She looked at Rick and asked, “Why do we have to be on high places?”

Rick laughed. “Why, to keep hidden, of course! Now, let’s try again Abby.” Abby groaned as the pole was brought back up.

Kevin and Gavin hid behind a house, keeping hidden from any nocturnal guards. With a wave, Gavin slithered over to the next house and hissed. Kevin sneaked next to Gavin and asked, “What is it Gavin?”

“Isn’t that Abby talking to Chimecho?” Gavin pointed to another Absol, in which was talking to a Sharpedo that came from out of the store.

“This must be the Mystic we’ve been hearing about,” Kevin concluded. “Let’s follow him for a bit to see what he’s doing.”

Both followed behind, making sure not to be spotted. Finally, they reached the shoreline, in which Mystic and the Sharpedo swam away.

“S-Sssir, that’s…” Gavin started.

“Yes, I know. That’s the way to Harmonic Tower,” Kevin said. “Amazing courage that young Absol has,” Kevin added.

“Ssso sssir, ssshould we be getting back to our raid?” Gavin asked.

“Hm… I guess we shall get back.” Kevin grinned. It’s starting to become clear, Kevin thought.

Abby woke up with the others. “Good morning, everyone!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Good morning, sir!” the three said.

“Well, we’re all going to get our breakfasts alone today, like yesterday,” Kevin said. “Make sure you don’t get defeated again, Rick.”

“Yes sir…”

Abby finished the dungeon, grabbing a little more than yesterday. Rick and Gavin both were in the cave, both eating as well.

“Thisss is ssstrange…” Gavin said, “Usssually, Bossss isss the first one to finisssh getting breakfassst. Wonder what happened…”

“Doesn’t matter. He’ll come back as quick as he can,” Abby explained.

“Yesss, that’sss true, Absssol.” Gavin continued eating.

“I wonder what the hustle is with that team…” Kevin wondered.
He stepped out into the street, wearing a Piplup Mask to be in disguise as a Piplup. A Gardevior stepped up to Kecleon and asked, “Have you seen an Absol anywhere?”

Kecleon shook his head. “I’m sorry, but I haven’t seen him. Have you brother?”

“Nope, haven’t seen him either.”

Gardevoir showed disappointment, but thanked them anyways. Kevin followed the Gardevoir closely. Gardevoir then looked towards Tranquility Bay and ran over quickly. Kevin followed closely behind, but far enough to make Pokemon not notice too much.

“Hello Archie,” the Gardevoir greeted. “Where did you go so early?”

“H-hello Ms. Marusaki…” the Sharpedo, Archie, stuttered. “I was just going for a walk!”

Going for a walk, huh? Kevin thought.

“For a walk? But wouldn’t you go for a swim?” the Gardevoir, Marusaki, asked.

“OF COURSE! That’s what I meant!”

Wow, way to hide something…

“Ok, cool,” Marusaki said.

A blank stare came from Kevin. … Is… Is this Gardevoir that oblivious?

“But in the meantime, I need your help. Have you seen an Absol anywhere?” Marusaki asked.

Archie sighed. “Well, I sort of took an Absol over to Harmonic Tower…”

Kevin closed his eyes and frowned. Alright, I might need to remind myself never to take this guy on a raid if he’s breaks so easily.

“But he said he wanted to prove to you that he could be an explorer!” Archie exclaimed.

And so you took a young Absol to the most dangerous dungeon? Yeah, real smart.

Marusaki sighed and turned around. Kevin turned around to see other Pokemon. Kevin walked away, looking oblivious to what event took place before hiding behind a tree to listen in to what Marusaki was going to say.

“Let’s go see Jinx and Pikachu,” Marusaki said. “They may be able to help us.”
The other Pokemon nodded and walked off. Well, I guess that’s enough sneaking for now. Kevin then walked out of town, making sure that no one followed behind. I now know what I should do.

Kevin walked back into the cave, in which he was greeted by Gavin, Rick, and Abby. “Sir, where did you go?” Rick asked.

“I had a little business to take care of. Small recon in Grassroot Town,” he explained.

“Sssir, are you sssure it’sss wissse to have done that?” Gavin asked.

“Worry not, Gavin. I made sure to keep hidden.” Kevin cleared his throat. “Anyways, I figured out that Mystic persuaded a Sharpedo to take him to Harmonic Tower.”

“Well, we sssaw that yesssterday, didn’t we?” Gavin asked.

“Exactly,” Kevin said. “But there’s more to this story than we think. Apparently, Marusaki, a Gardevoir in town, is looking for this Absol. So, there will be Pokemon going to Harmonic Tower to save Mystic.”

“Well, great. You know more about the story. That doesn’t help anything,” Rick pointed out.

“Well, I guess it’s nice to hear about an Absol from my land and what he’s doing,” Abby pointed out.

“Yes, but you don’t know about Harmonic Tower, do you, Abby?” Kevin asked.

“Uh… It’s a tower that’s uh… harmonic?” Abby answered.

“Heh, let me explain, Abby,” Rick said, “Harmonic Tower is a tower that has ninety-nine floors and a final floor. But here’s the fun part. Harmonic Tower also changes your level either stronger or weaker to match up with the Pokemon inside. It’s where you have to have strategy and skill to survive.”

“Wow, it sounds really scary!” Abby exclaimed.

“Heh, it isss,” Gavin said, “You won’t catch me entering into a dungeon like that.”

“Quite true. Even I would have difficulty.” Kevin laughed. “But that’s the status of Mystic. For now, it’s time for more training.”

Abby groaned as the others complied.

“Well, today’s training was better than yesterday’s training. Lenile Cavern was completed.”

“Heh, I can’t believe you hid behind Abby, Gavin,” Rick said. “That was so hilarious!”

“W-Well, excussse me if I have a weaknessss to ground-type movesss,” Gavin said.

“We must overcome our weaknesses to become strong. That’s how we grow,” Kevin said.

“Oh yeah?” Gavin asked, “Well, how about we go to Winden Foressst next time? I’m sure you’ll be sssaying sssomething elssse then.”

“Alright, we have our next training destination for tomorrow planned then,” Kevin stated.

Rick glared at Gavin. “Next time, I’ll make sure to shut your mouth,” Rick threatened.

“Winden Forest? Wait, that’s part of my home!” Abby exclaimed.

“Hm? There must be a newer and older Winden Forest then,” Rick stated, in which Abby frowned.

“Anyways, we also have something to do tomorrow as well. We shall be going to wait for this Gardevoir, Marusaki, until she comes back,” Kevin said.

“Wait, what do you mean, ‘we’re waiting’?” Rick asked.

“I’m having a feeling in my gut that she’ll know where the Old Lands are,” Kevin stated, “When she is finished saving Mystic, I have a feeling he’ll be returned to the Old Lands for sneaking off. When that happens, we will make sure to follow them.”

“S-Sir, why are we following them?” Abby asked.

“Well… I guess it’s high-time that you should be returned back to your homeland,” Kevin explained.

“What!?” Abby exclaimed.

“Does this come to a surprise to you, Abby?” Kevin asked. “You’ve paid your dues, so you are not needed to continue working for us.”

“B-But… I… I enjoy being with you guys…” Abby said.

Kevin closed his eyes, releasing a sigh. “I was afraid of this…”

Rick came up to Kevin. “Is there a problem, sir?”

Kevin nodded. “Abby has grown attached to us. But the problem is that we can’t have her in our team.”

“B-But…” Abby stuttered, tears forming in her eyes. “I thought you wanted me in your team… I thought I could be…”

“Abby.” She looked up, in which Kevin continued. “You must understand that we brought you in to protect you. We also kept you in for a while so you could be strong enough to fend for yourself. But since you are strong enough now, you must return to your own lands.”

“N-No…” Abby backed away. “Y-You’re… You’re abandoning me just like my parents did!”

“Abby, wait-”

“You just wanted to make me trust you so you could break my trust! You made me believe you were a good Pokemon! But I was wrong… You’re still the evil Gabite that I thought you were!”

“Abby! I’m not trying to be evil! Please, understand-”

“UNDERSTAND WHAT!?” Abby yelled. “Understand that you are leaving me!? Understand that I was tricked by an evil group of Pokemon!? Understand that-”

Kevin then did something that made Rick and Gavin flinch. Kevin slapped Abby’s face with the back of his claw, which caused a cut across her face. Kevin then looked at what he did and backed away, looking at his claws. “A-A-Abby, I-I’m sorry… I didn’t…”

Abby didn’t care about the gash across her face. The tears flowed down her face before she ran. Ran as quickly as she could. She never looked back. She ran through Grassroot Town, in which many Pokemon tried to stop her to help her. She ran through Exbel Woods, in which Pokemon tried attacking her, but unable to. She climbed over Winden Pass, avoiding the dungeon completely. No matter what happened, Abby continued to run. Run from what she thought was her friend. Run from the Pokemon that she gave her trust to. She then tripped into the snowy field of the Winden Range. She cried in the snow, curled in a ball, as the snow continued to covered her.

“Sssir…”

“Sir…”

A long moment of silence passed. Kevin faced the wall, looking at his claw he slashed Abby with. Rick and Gavin watched Kevin as he continued to be quiet.

Finally, Rick said, “Sir, it’s becoming dark…”

Silence.

Rick continued. “You know, we can’t do a raid without you.”

Quietness.

Rick sighed. “Come on, sir… You need to forgive yourself… You always told me to forgive myself…”

Kevin asked, “How can I forgive myself… When what I have done is unforgivable…”

Gavin slithered up to Kevin. “Sssir, it’s not too late to… Get Abby… We can ssstill find her…”

Kevin stood up. “And tell her what!? Try to ask for her forgiveness!? Out of the question! Give her a chance to return to our team!? Not going to happen!! She’s long gone! She’ll never come back, so why try to go to her, huh!? What are you going to say to that!?”

Rick stood in front of Kevin. “Sir, you’ve always told me that I never know what will happen until I try it. From what I see, you’re being a coward because you won’t come and find her!” Rick turned around. “Right now, I’m not seeing my leader here. I don’t even know who you are anymore.”
Rick then turned back to Kevin. “My leader never gives up. My leader never stops to think of how bad the outcomes will be! My leader, despite the trouble it may give him, never turns his back on his members! Even his ex-members, he still feels that he has to take care of them! You wanted to take in a Froslass into our team, but instead, we got a better team-mate! Are you really going to throw her away just because of what you did!?”

Kevin turned away from Rick, looking at the wall. “I will… Never throw away a member of my team… I will… Never give up. I will always be loyal to my team members, including my previous ones! I will never look back in the past!”

Kevin turned around to Rick and Gavin. “You’re correct. I cannot stay here. Rick, Gavin, we’re going on a mission. We’re going to find Abby!”

Rick cheered, “That’s the leader I know and love!”

Gavin smiled. “And I think I know how to find her.” Gavin pointed out red spots splattered on the ground.

Kevin nodded. “Let’s do this. Quickly as we can. Let’s save Abby!”

“Yes, sir!!”

“Sir, this path… We can’t follow it in this place… I can see the red because of the snow covering it!”

The moon shone brightly, with stars twinkling in the sky as Kevin, Gavin, and Rick continued the search for Abby.

“Don’t give up! She has been running straight for this whole trail! Keep searching!” Kevin yelled.

“S-S-Sssir… I-It’s s-s-s-ssso c-c-c-cold…” Gavin chattered.

“Just don’t lose consciousness, Gavin,” Kevin suggested.

Rick continued his search away from Kevin and Gavin. He then saw a pile of snow, so he looked back at Kevin and Gavin. Seeing as they weren’t paying attention, a smirk appeared on Rick’s face. Just one snow pile, he thought. He walked over to the pile of snow and felt it. Feels deep, he thought. He then stepped back and leaped towards the snow pile. On the snow pile, he then felt like he jumped on something soft and squishy. He got off quickly to observe what he jumped on. He started removing the snow to see a black horn. Continuing removing the snow, he saw what it was, making his eyes widen.

“OH MY ARCEUS!!” Rick yelled.

Kevin and Gavin ran over quickly. “What’sss the matter?” Gavin asked.

“She’s… So cold…” Rick stated as he brushed his hand along Abby’s side.

Gavin couldn’t stop staring at the figure in the snow. “My Arceus…”

Kevin sat down and felt Abby’s arm. After a little while, he said, “Abby’s still alive… But barely. Come on guys! We need to get her inside!”

Kevin grabbed Abby and carried her to the nearest home to warm up, in which was in the shape of a Kangaskhan head.

They entered quickly, with Gavin being quicker than the rest, and they gathered around the fire. Abby was placed down in front of the fire as Kevin sat down next to Abby.

“I’m sorry about this, Abby,” he whispered, “This was my fault… I shouldn’t have told you until you were ready…”
Gavin wrapped himself around Abby, as did Rick on her backside. Kevin smiled as he saw what his members were doing. He thanked them for keeping Abby warm before walking to the counter. A Kangaskhan just gave a nice smile to Kevin as he approached.

“Excuse me, ma’am. I was wondering if we could stay for the night, if that’s fine with you.”

Kangaskhan smiled. “Even if you’re a group of bandits, I couldn’t turn down you helping some Pokemon out of free will.”

Kevin nodded and thanked Kangaskhan for her kindness before returning next to Gavin and Rick. Looking at them both, it was amazing that they fell asleep so quickly. Kevin turned his attention to Abby’s gash on her face. He frowned before getting up. He started to leave the Kangaskhan Storage before being stopped by Kangaskhan.

“No need to leave yet. If you need something, I can happily lend it to you.” Kangaskhan then gave a smile.

“Very kind of you ma’am. In fact, I do need some things to help out with a gash on my client’s face. Mind if I can receive your assistance?”

Kangaskhan wrapped her arm around the back of Kevin and walked her back towards her storage with a grand smile on her face.

Abby started opening her eyes to wake up, seeing a brown wall. She got up and felt the hay beneath her and looked around. She looked to see Kevin, Gavin, and Rick gathered together in one group.

“Y-You…” Abby said.

Kevin nodded. “You gave us quite a scare there, young Abby. If we didn’t find you as quickly as we did, you would be frozen solid.”

“B-But… I… I thought you didn’t…”

Kevin walked up to Abby. “We all want you. But it was my fault for thinking that I could have… Well, return you to your homeland…”

Abby stayed silent. Kevin sighed and said, “But I was wrong. I wasn’t listening to what my heart was saying. I was following the thoughts of my brain. I thought that you would be more safe in the Old Lands. But truly, I was just afraid of the rivalry that the Old and New Lands have with each other.”

Abby continued to be quiet, but tears fell from her eyes. Kevin continued. “And I guess I should say that… I’m sorry. I’m sorry for making you think that I was abandoning you. I’m sorry for slashing your face… My anger just was kindled from your yelling at me. I am not an evil Pokemon… I never wanted to be. And when you yelled at me for everything that I did… Or what you thought I did… I was consumed in the fiery depths of my heart that I… I…”

Abby then ran up to Kevin, embracing him in a hug. Kevin smiled as tears started forming in his eyes. “I forgive you,” Abby whispered. Kevin then started giggling, into a fit of laughter. Laughter of joy. Laughter of happiness. He couldn’t contain the happiness that bloomed in his heart. Gavin and Rick joined in the laughter of their boss as well. Even Abby started laughing with them.

When the laughter died down, Kevin pushed Abby away. “But now you made me realize something else, young Abby.”
Abby looked at Kevin questionably.

“You still have to pay for my kindness. And from the looks of it, you can’t pay with money.” Abby started smiling brighter. “So that means that you’ll have to join our team and do some labor to pay it off.”

Abby nodded. “Yes, sir!”

Kevin nodded. “Well, team, it’s time to do something that we haven’t done before.”

Rick and Gavin grinned at Kevin. “We’re with you all the way, sir.”

Laughter rang through the air as Abby and other Pokemon played. Gavin and Rick looked at the mission board, looking for jobs to do. Kevin handed over a bag to Kecleon, in which Kecleon looked through the bag. “M-hm… Thank you, sir, for paying us back!”

Kevin nodded. “It was my pleasure.”

“Sir, we’ve got the missions ready to go!” Rick called out, “Get ready to go to Sour Root Cave!”

Abby turned to the other young Pokemon. “Well, that’s my cue. Remember, never go into Harmonic Tower unless you want to be possessed by the ghost that lives on the top! OooOOoo…” She then ran over to Kevin, Rick, and Gavin.

“Alright, are we ready, Team Swift Silver?” Kevin asked.

“We’re ready, sir!” Rick, Gavin, and Abby cheered.

“Mystic!? What are you doing here!?” a Mareep came calling out.

Abby turned around. “What? Who’s Mystic?” Abby asked.

“Oh… Uh… Sorry about that. I thought for a second that you were from the Old Lands,” she apologized.

“I am from the Old Lands,” Abby stated.

“Wh-what?” the Mareep looked confused.

“But I’m also part of Team Swift Silver!” Abby ran over to Kevin and the others. “Let’s go! I’m feeling we’re going to meet a really rare Pokemon this time!”

Kevin grinned. “Heh, that’s what you say every time!” Kevin teased. “Alright, let’s go!”

Abby nodded. “Yeah, let’s do this.”

Abby, Kevin, Gavin, and Rick then set off to Sour Root Cave. The Mareep looked over to her friends.

“That was an Absol from the Old Lands,” the Mareep named Luli said.

“What’s more, she’s with a team that was evil before,” the Pikachu named Pikablu said.

Starly, who is Birdeh, nodded. “I wonder about if we should warn them.”

A Marowak named Jinx walked up. “They know what is going on. That Absol did have a scar across her face.”

Birdeh looked over. “Are you sure they’ll be fine?”

Jinx nodded. “I’m pretty sure. That Gabite sure has a good heart in protecting this Absol.”

Luli walked up to Jinx. “You know, she kind of reminds me of Mystic in a way.”

Pikablu nodded. “Well then, should we see if we can find out about this?”

Luli, Birdeh, and Jinx agreed, walking off to the Old Lands.