Add more gen 5+ to early game

This is actually a suggestion for many changes. I feel like the early game needs more gen 5+ diversity!

I was thinking of potential things to add to early game dungeons and this is what I came up with:

• Rookidee to Pebble Cave
  • Tympole to Happiness Lake
  • Upgrade Litleo in Wildfire to recruit
  • Helioptile to Sunny Hillside
  • Yungoos and Skwovet to Tiny Grotto
  • Applin and Bounsweet to Fruity Grotto
  • Clobbopus to Seafoam Cove or Beach Bunker (or both !)

Please let me know what you all think. Ty for reading!

I personally feel like both tympole and rookidee doesn’t justify their locations. tympole can be recruited rather early, being LLC, which is like mid range. As for rookidee, I think sunny hillside fits it more, especially since there’s fletchling in the end room as well, showing flying types can be there.

Helioptile, for me, shouldn’t be too early to sunny hillside either. Tho I definitely don’t agree with it being locked only behind DS, sunny hillside doesn’t seem to fit it (apart from the solar power thing).

Technically, yungoos and skwovet is also in early game, being in exbel and winden overworld respectively, just not in a dungeon.

3 Likes

There should honestly be more recruitables in Wildfire. There’s literally zero in the second half! Maybe we could push Litleo back to 11-20 and make it recruitable? Salandit is one of the lucky few of Gen 7 to be obtainable in more than one dungeon. I don’t really care if it does become a recruitable in Wildfire Hills.

2 Likes