Allow tutoring for nonexistent tms

so, here’s my problem, I want to put giga drain on my frosmoth, a move it normally learns via TM. however pmu doesn’t have a giga drain tm so I can’t teach it giga drain, a move it can normally learn.
My suggestion is to have sitations like this put the missing moves in bronzongs move tutor so pokemon can have their entire moveset.

(additionally other pokemon can learn giga drain via tutor, and frosmoth definintly would have been able to as well if it was in a generation that had giga drain as a move tutor instead of a tm)

The one issue I see with this is logistics. Tutor moves and TM moves are separate lists for learnsets and there’s no real detection system for whether a TM exists for a move that “should” have one to my knowledge. It could still be possible (I know very little about coding) but I assume it would be difficult.

1 Like

I suppose alternatively we could just have all the tms added

3 Likes

Getting around to updating the movepools and TM pools of every pokemon does take a while, and I think the gen 8 “dexit” thing has kind of made PMU movepools a bit more difficult to finish. But I know this is probably already known. :')

Someday we’ll have gen 8+ movesets sorted out but things are still in the works currently. With gen 9 being out for a while now, it could complicate things more but I’m not 100% sure since I’m not a programmer. I wish I could give a proper response but this isn’t my area of expertise.

I think a tutor would be pretty nice, but I’m not sure how future proof it would be.

2 Likes