An alternative to Electivire and Breloom's move tutoring

I’ll waste no time and get straight to the point – we seriously need to update our TM repertoire past Gen 7. I understand there are many problems that make said duty a taxing, time-consuming hassle (distributing every new TM to a fitting dungeon, double checking every single Pokémon’s learnset, what to do with previous TMs, etc), which is why, I’m here to present a solution that could help speed up that process even just a bit.

• Make Electivire relearn both forgotten level-up and previous evolution moves.
  • Free up Breloom so now it helps you learn moves from past generations’ TMs (and maybe past generations’ tutor moves too? I’m not sure).

This way, you can both update the entire current TM list to that of the newest generation’s scot-free, and massively improve Breloom’s niche (I’ve always felt he, and by extension Big Mushrooms, were kind of useless) while bumping up Electivire’s for good measure. Only issue I can think of is that Legacy Tokens would become essentially worthless, but, honestly, I’d easily give up Legacy Tokens’ existence over a far more flexible system of move (re)learning.

I know it may not be perfect, but still, let me know what you think!

i uh… fail to see how that helps putting the 100+ tms from gen8 into the game…

this sounds just like a way to get free legacy moves…
like… ok everyone gets free legacy tokens…?
now what?
it sounds like the same position where we started…there’s still over 100 tms to add to the game and over 100 movesets to update :eeveesad:
it’s not like a pokemon not being able to learn a move in the new movesets matter. i mean like, oh no, dralge dosen’t learn draco meteor in gen8…(this is untrue btw. it can, im just making a exemple), ok. that prevents the addition of the new tms how? i mean regardless of whatever you wanna allow dragalge to be still be able to learn draco meteor or not. that dosen’t really effect anything…

1 Like