Another way of obtaining Pichu

So, Pichu is only available in Sky Fortress as of current. What I am hoping for is for Pichu to be available in another Location. Pichu is seen in more then one location, as Glitter Cavern has the entire Chu Line seen in there, and Voltaic Rainforest with Raichus. None of them are recruitable, which I am fine with, but Im wanting to at least see Pichu eggs be spawnable in Voltaic Rainforest from Floors 41 to 50 or Glitter Cavern from Floors 31 to 36. The odds could also be the same for SF eggs.

most starters (well apart from phanpy, piplup, rowlet, vulpix, gen 5 starters and ralts) are exclusive to one dungeon. Making it available in a low level dungeon like Glitter Cavern just don’t seem right. Voltaic Rainforest could be a viable option, but I feel that Pichu in SF as a recruit and ineggs, plus Sandy Shallow’s SR for Surfchu is enough for a starter line to be recruitable.

Well, look at it this way, Pikachu is the starter mon, BST under the usual 400 like actual starters, and its placed in Sandy Shallows. That checks the spot of “Having a starter exclusive to one dungeon”, but Pichu is the Baby pre-evolved from of the actual starter. If Jynx was given as a starter mon, and its obvious no one would want that, why would its baby form Smoochum be forced to reside in one dungeon, all because the actual starter is the evolved form? Doesn’t seem right to me. Pichu should have more then one location to reside in. Not because its the starter mon, but because its not that strong out right, having a BST of 205 and no Base Stat reaching over 60.

I mean ease of access for something that stays kinda underwhelming is the issue. Like how long does it take to get to sky fortress for an average player? What about people who like cute pokemon? Like some dungeon around level 40-50 would be far more appropriate. Like don’t get me wrong, I get not handing starters out like parade candy, and keeping powerful mons in late game dungeons, but a sky fortress exclusive for Pichu seems excessive.

This point I actually agree with a lot. Rathering than giving pichu 1 more dungeon, I feel that pichu should be move to a different location rather than SF. SF seems to be much too higher compared to other starters of similar strenth like cubone and meowth both being in a very low level dungeon. However, this might be hard to implentment but honestly i think SSh is already a good option.

Another option is to make pichu obtainable somewhere that evolves into A-raichu.

Bump
I’m bumping this post up. I don’t really have anything else to add to this, but still wanting to see this fulfilled at least.
Well… I do have something small to add… Shiny hunting in SF is a real pain, going for shiny Pichu myself doesn’t seem viable there. I’ve taken a lot of my time hunting Shiny Pichu and its just frustrated me so much, even to the point where finding two shinies in that dungeon that were not my target made me quit PMU for a while. Its just… seems quite unfair for some of us who want the shiny of a mon that isn’t as strong as others would expect that I have a fondness to would be extremely difficult. And not giving the odds of finding it, none less the shiny odds of that dungeon to get an understanding of the amount of encounters and the amount of random Pichus seen just to find that one Shiny one… I’m not wanting Pichu out of SF just cause it doesn’t seem to be the right dungeon for it, but because it doesn’t seems to be the right dungeon for it in general. Everything there has much higher stats and level then it, its spawn rate is super low and even the shiny odds of that dungeon are non compliant with the odds regulation for a late game dungeon.

There is nothing else I want to add to this post, just consider this…

1 Like

Then again, Arti…
Riolu and Cubone are also starters, and they’re at a lvl 50-ish dungeon and a lvl 30 one, respectively. So starters can be on low level dungeons.
And SS is a level 40 dungeon. Debunking again that starters don’t have to be on endgame level dungeons.

Posey’s not asking to have Pichu be free to get… just somewhere else. A dungeon in which you don’t need to do 99 floors to have 40 floors that actually matter with horrible rates.

I’ve taken note of this, and will be sharing this with the staff team. It does feel (to me at least) like Pichu could probably use at least one additional point of access, given that the other incense/baby mons next to it in the national dex have multiple access points. Even Togepi, another starter, has two distinct dungeons for it (albeit one is a recruit and one is an egg).

That said, I can’t promise anything, but I hear you~

This is very much appreciated. I really hope something is done and will wait for whatever results may come of this.

Bump
Bringing this up to keep it relevant.

Pichu is now an recruit in Friendship Forest added by Kirk!

1 Like