Audible Cue for Shiny Pokemon Spawns

Nothing to major, just a quality of life thing. A sparkle sound like how hidden items work would be really neat for when a shiny spawns on the floor youre on, that way you dont have to keep doubling back near the stairs to check if that new red dot on your mini map is shiny.

(If this is already a thing feel free to ignore this! I havent found one in the wild just yet)

very good idea, I agree. some shinies are really hard to spot and if they dont attack you dont see the *. A message saying “a shiny pokemon has spawned” should be added. Since shinies aren’t guaranteed recruits, we shouldn’t add the chance of you actually spotting the shiny.

2 Likes

Yes! A message in the chat would also be really nice along with the sound, i didnt even think about that!

1 Like

A sound would be a great idea, chat message not so much.

2 Likes

Well the idea a lot of other people had was a concept of something similar to Regice, or monster house, something that you can’t miss. Personally I believe having shinnies join you despite having a full party is also a possible work around, since this allows you to simply equip friend bow and GM and spam kill things until a shiny joins with out having to worry.

I almost feel like a pop-up dialogue box might be /too/ much, I think a sound or change in music (or even a sparkle animation on the pokemon as it enters your field of view, or a * after their display name not just in the battle log) is subtle enough to notice without stopping you and being super in your face about it, but thats just my opinion on that!

After just having a party member run in front of me and murder a shiny Aron I was eyeing presumably due to not realizing it was there, I can definitely agree this would be a very welcome feature.

1 Like

Yeah… No one wanting to do groups since the release of shinnies is something I’d like to see a new mechanic of some sorts fix, increased rates in parties could be an alternative solution, but I’d still very much like to see something else if an alert isn’t implemented, because it’s currently very problematic

Edit: Just had someone accidentally kill shiny azurill I wanted in FF because he didn’t see it, and I can’t be mad at him because there isn’t a cue or anything to let you know.

2 Likes

This is now implemented. Shiny Pokémon that spawn will now trigger a map-wide sound whether visible on-screen or not. This applies to initial spawns on the floor as well.

The current sound effect is the same as the one used for the Sparkle Token (Magic838.wav) but may be subject to change.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.