Av3rY's Art

Hey everyone! I like to draw a lot, and since I’m looking to improve, why not post it here? Please give me constructive criticism, it helps a lot! :heart:

Pokemon Related:
soon™

Other:
soon™

And that’s all I have so far! Please give me constructive criticism so I can improve!

your lineart is pretty clean, so that’s good.

i also notice you don’t use shading. so i don’t know if you know anything about light source yet but you might want to do that, to give your art more dimension. when you’ve got the basics down try using color theory.

to me, the second picture’s proportions look a bit odd (face and neck), but maybe that’s just your art style. your anatomy is decent. i don’t know if you mean to make the arms look like tubes or not but perhaps make the elbows sharper to make them look more like arms.

For which drawing?

For which drawing?[/quote]

second one

For which drawing?[/quote]

second one[/quote]
Ah, that character is meant to look slightly chubby since she’s made of slime [although it’s difficult to tell since I didn’t put much detail into it, since they were just guidelines]. But thank you for your input! :la:

no problem.

fat does not cover bones, though. even though elbows won’t be as sharp if they were on a skinnier person it should look like this:

Thanks for helping me to improve with this! It’s little tips like this that really help me out.~ :la:

Thanks for helping me to improve with this! It’s little tips like this that really help me out.~ :la:[/quote]

Anatomy is really hard to get a hang of. Here are some things I recommend!

Want to check if something looks right / wrong? Flip it over. (Horizontal flip.)
You’ll notice irregularities and abnormalities right away.

How do I draw people more accurately?
Even when wanting to draw in a more “cartoony” style, you need to know what a real person looks like before you can start exaggerating those features. I recommend you pick out a video, a movie, etc - pause it, then draw the people. Don’t focus on details, just the general shape at first. If you’re starting to feel confident, then start adding in some extra touches.

Here’s an example of a body study I did a little while back.

And when adapting this information, don’t forget to lay the foundation of basic shapes first!
Here’s a character of mine.

If you think you’ve got the hang of it, use some action lines (I’m terrible at this, but I guess here’s a picture??) to exaggerate your poses. I drew that line /w a mouse. Sorry.

http://puu.sh/oSeFy/344e475887.png

And don’t forget to keep drawing! ;D