Axew as a starting option

New to the game and forum aspects so if this sounds a little janky I apologize in advanced but there was one mystery dungeon game that I played on the 3ds (can’t remember the name to save my life) but it had axew as a MC playable Pokémon and I was wondering if there would ever be a chance to have him added to the cave of heros as playable Pokémon in PMU?

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity!

1 Like

Yeahhh that’s the one appreciate you I’ve been trying to remember the name of it for hours :grin:

1 Like

That honestly wouldn’t be a bad idea. Having a dragon type as your very first Pokémon sounds pretty powerful in practice, but the Axew line has enough drawbacks to stop them from being really op.

Axew may have been an absolute menace in GTI due to the lack of fairy types, but in pmu it is far more balanced since the game does have fairy types and also heavily favors special attackers over physical attackers.

1 Like

This is something i agree with and talked about a few times! axew would be quite fine as a starter, as missin mentioned it has enough against it to make it a unfavorable choice over other starters with much higher potential!
the only reason against it may be that having a dragon type as a starter may make them seem less special.
but with how common of a type the new generations have made em, it seems thier specialty is a thing of the past anyways :growlithethink: