Changelog of Small Edits

This suggestion is to save Deleca, as she is suffering from all the small changes Kirk is making in dungeons. :< This post is sponsored by the #SaveDelecaGang.

Small changes and adaptations are sometimes made without the players’ (or in some cases, the staff’s) knowledge. I wish to have a small changelog on the PMU Discord Chat so people know what small changes has been made. Something simple as “New Pokémon in Mt. Skylift” or “Changed Eggs in Snowveil Den” to notify players about these things. Furthermore, it will help communications between players and staff.

Please vote to save a life. Our poor Wiki Berry @Deleca has been stressed from all these new changes and trying to update the Wiki for your sakes. Praise Deleca and her dedication to the PMU Wiki. - Shadow Lucario 50

Yes yes and yes please spare deleca and also give us more documentation! Having a discord log is a really good idea for small stuffs!

1 Like

To my understanding, this is already in progress and was covered here:

That said, I agreed then, and I still agree now. I believe a changelog is currently being tested internally, from what has been said ingame and on Discord.

2 Likes

I pretty much log most changes internally.

For me to add to it for every tiny, and I mean tiny edit such as: a map error fix or spawn rate/respawn rate fixes/adjustments (unless major) , or when we say change RR, we can’t really list exact RR either really can only say it was ‘lowered’ or ‘raised’. these small edits would be spammy to be honest.

Some changes we can’t fully say details as that also spoils it too. Say we added a Pokemon that was previously not in the dungeon, we don’t have to/or need to say it’s RR, Spawn Times, floor count etc.

However, I do try to make it known to wiki users what has been recently edited as much as I can (You can always contact me directly too if you have a question or need a confirmation something has/may of been changed) and I often mention it in discord and in-game as well if it’s way too small to be a PMU news.

It’s the nature of PMU’s on going development, it’s always gonna be changing.
We appreciate there is a wiki and a decidated group of people keeping it updated, but some things have to be discovered, we can’t just feed all the info direcly then what would be the point if we told everyone exact numbers of all details? At the most we can do vague details.

Currently no easy way to publicly list these changes as the changelog is still being tested internally.

3 Likes

It’s not about the very minor things that no one really cares about like map error fixes or respawn adjustments. It’s things like for example, Gritty Hollow’s HM being changed and Ash Forest requiring Rock Climb. Those are pretty major and I didn’t know until I went to GH because I happened to be shiny hunting there.

I understand this I really do, but It’s like sometimes saying certain Information like that Is fine and sometimes It Isn’t. I always assume staff won’t tell Information regarding floors or the like so I never try to ask. When Avalyn asked about Litwick’s floors In Ashen Graveyard I was not expecting you to say It. Also when Pris added Scatterbug to Winden Forest I believe he said the floors then too ( I bet him leaving the staff recently doesn’t help In this predicament… ).

However, I do try to make it known to wiki users what has been recently edited as much as I can (You can always contact me directly too if you have a question or need a confirmation something has/may of been changed) and I often mention it in discord and in-game as well if it’s way too small to be a PMU news.

I’ve noticed and appreciate the effort to try to get the Info out there but It doesn’t do much If I’m not around to see It or someone else who would edit or tell me Is around to see It. When there’s many new messages In Discord too I don’t always bother checking ( but at least the chat history stays around for me to potentially see It later ). As for “You can always contact me directly too if you have a question or need a confirmation something has/may of been changed”, If anything you could be the one to contact me maybe If you’re not sure I’m aware of any changes? That way no Information Is left unseen. But If that’s too much I get It, It’s nice to know I can ask at least and I’ll definitely try to now.

It’s the nature of PMU’s on going development, it’s always gonna be changing.
We appreciate there is a wiki and a decidated group of people keeping it updated, but some things have to be discovered, we can’t just feed all the info direcly then what would be the point if we told everyone exact numbers of all details? At the most we can do vague details.

I again understand. I can get past not giving Info about new recruits ( but like I said sometimes that rule just doesn’t apply? ). At least If you’re changing the floors of a recruit already In a dungeon can we know what floors? I do want to mention It’s not just the fact there’s changes at all that’s an Issue. I will first admit, freshening up and “modernizing” the newbie dungeons has been pretty nice, especially since they are all very old, even If It means having to re-run dungeons I already updated pages for In the past. But the Skylift NPC floor changes—why? Egg Pokemon becoming recruits Is sorta devaluing eggs and If they’re gonna be removed after eggs can be shiny that’s time wasting updating the wiki In the first place. ( I’m also biased and It annoyed me that my first shiny In Gritty Hollow was Zigzagoon, but you Increased the shiny rates for Spinda and Rhydon and I didn’t see shiny Spinda until after you did and I failed It, so thanks for buffing them )

In the end may just be It’s personal problems as I’ve been Incredibly moody the entirety of Februrary and have had little motivation. Seeing these changes and not having the energy to update the wiki as I watch more changes happen mentally sucks. I also get tired of people saying the wiki was wrong about something just to leave the wrong information there. It’s better when people personally Inform me of an error or at least attempt to fix It themselves, than only go “the wiki lied!!!1one” and not be of any help at all. This to begin with wouldn’t be an Issue If there were people other than mostly me and people who are busy with college editing. No one Is really to blame I guess ( except the people who aren’t helping ), just unfortunate circumstances.

To end my post on a lighter note, I don’t want make Kirk feel bad about working on the game. This Is a message he sent after Leafy left and we always need to keep It In mind:
I respect that message and especially respect Kirk for sticking around long and being decent. It wasn’t my Intent to put down anyone, It’s rough times man. I want to make It clear that I don’t ever want to or try to be one of those toxic players. I’m usually pretty tame but again I haven’t been well. Again again, that’s no one’s fault, and It’s certainly not Kirk’s fault keeping the wiki updated Is work. I don’t want there to be a mini feud between wiki people and Kirk <:) I will as I mentioned try to contact Kirk about changes so hopefully things don’t get super bad In the future. I’m really sorry about this, I think I’ve toned down about the situation.

6 Likes