Connect Tanren more

Currently tanren is the second largest region in terms of dungeons, just behind exbel, however many parts of tanren can be rather frustrating to navigate, in my opinion at least.

I tried to figure out why exactly Tanren feels this way, so I looked around tanren a lot, and I noticed a few things:

1. of the 4 exits of tanren city, north, east, south, and west, the only 2 that connect to each other are north and west, via tanren dojo, to traverse between the others you must return to tanren city, this effectively divides the region into 4 pieces, 5 if you include undercity, and there are certainly a few places where passages between these could be added but they’re all separated by ocean and cliffs

2. cliffs, tanren seems to be a rocky and mountainous region, and I’m okay with that, however some places just have a ridiculous amount of cliffs, many of which don’t make sense, the beach is the biggest example of this, beaches don’t have cliffs, at least not any that I’ve seen. other than removing many of the cliffs that are in just weird places more stairs could also be added as there are a few dead-ends scattered about tanren

3.this
angy
why are there rocks here there is no reason for rocks to be here it just separated the east exit into 2 halves, further dividing Tanren

I feel if these problems were addressed Tanren could be a much better region, as it is now it has many dungeons and reasons to go there but just feels uncomfortable to navigate at times, perhaps add some ruined bridges or paths, Tanren is supposed to be a region filled with ruines.

I assume you haven’t seen very many beaches?

Other than the cliff point (I believe the cliffs make sense), I agree.

I have to agree on this. Driving down Cabrillo Hwy in california u see a lot of this.

Suppose I’m wrong on the beach part, still would like if there wasn’t a cliff through the middle of the beach though