Costumes everywhere

Costumes are a fun collectible, but they’re rarely used, except for the occasional baton pass mischief. I think the main reason for this is simply they can’t be used in many places, or more specifically, dungeons. this would allow a pokemon to permanently were a costume and pretend it’s a different pokemon. you like turtwig but want better stats and movepool? well here comes dragonite in a hat. on the topic of these I feel legendary costumes should get the same treatment, while I understand not wanting to confuse newer players about whether or not you can get legendary pokemon, it massively reduces the value of legendary disguises, and this could be a way for people to feel they actually have the legendary pokemon.

I like the idea for the most part, but I don’t know how I’d feel about legendary disguises in town. Yeah, it’d definitely confuse some players, but I also think it’s really nice seeing a bunch of ordinary Pokemon wandering around Grassroot, as it’s more realistic. Legendaries aren’t everywhere, after all.

1 Like

i still dont belive the confusing to new players argument holds water, at end of the day new players probably assume you can get legendarys even without seeing them because thats what many games and fangames do, and there’s also the fact that staff does run around with lengedarys in town which new players dont know different colored name means staff so they assume they are just a regular player.
pmu is also a VERY confusing for new players game regardless, with a ton of fairly complicated mechanics that arent visiually apparent and require explanation to understand, a fake legendary costume sounds fairly tamed in comparison to the hitstun mechanic or non shared shiny rates.