Counter

I’m going to make this short & sweet. But it really feels like Counter & Mirror Coat should not work if the user faints.

It should only work if the user lives.

It’s annoying to have your high level Pokemon faint to a level 23 just because it had a Counter up and you 1hko’d it anyway. It just forces you to run away. It’s problematic if you’re trying to train.

I know I’m not the only one who agrees with this.

(Also, apologies for posting in the move suggestions twice in such short time spans)

Support, I feel like this is aimed in mt barr well other than the level 23 part, those heracrosses :(

Support. I get inmobilized in TC, and get sorrounded by loppuny or magnezone, and i can attack them because i die, and no reviver seeds in there, mkaes my training go bad :c

As much as I would like to see this in PMU, understand that would completely remove Counter and Mirror Coat from the face of PMU.

Just think, every time a Pokemon uses that you generally would think “DIE!”, which is what everyone else would think and try to commit to in one move. Because of this, they’re dead in one move. For Heracross, a Flying or Fire type will kill it one hit no excuses. Yeah, there are those times when they’re not killed in one shot but it’s likely in a dungeon like Harmonic Tower.

Another idea would be to take a look at your target before attacking, that or if you spawn in a Monster House you fight back quickly or escape to a hallway before planning your next move.

Yes i agree with you. Trying to get my larvitar was a pain with those heracross spamming counter. its just straight out annoying. Hope this gets looked at :D

I try this a lot, but if you are inmobilized, you cannot do any other thing than spam attacks to kill first the pokemon that traps you and then the sorrounding ones, to not die, but even if i see they havent got it up, they can use it a split second before i attack. You might be able to pull it off with focus sash still, but for a dungeon like TC its too overpowered in my opinion, just seeing a single of these means i cant attack, kinda too much :/

Like I said, it’s problematic when training, if you run. You don’t get any exp. and it’s not just for dungeons like HT.

For example, you have some guy who is doing his first run of Mt.Barr. He’s got well rounded levels. Fully prepared.

Suddenly. He Kills a Breloom that had a counter up. Sure it 1hko’d the Breloom. But his Pidgeot took 475 Damage because of the counter.

However, let’s just say he had a Medicham use Brick Break on it. Medicham would take a lot of damage from Counter. and the Breloom would still be alive.

Counter & Mirror Coat should work how they sound. You can’t Counter a move if you’ve been knocked out.

and to put it plain and simple, sometimes you simply can’t run away and are forced to fight. (E.G Those Dugtrios with Arena Trap & Then the fact a lot of other Pokemon in Mt.Barr have counter. and don’t get me started on Spore spam.)

These dungeons are MEANT to be hard to defeat. I wasn’t around at the time, but before Harmonic Tower or Pitch-Black-Abyss was released, Mount Barricade was the hardest dungeon there was in PMU. You are looking at the ‘training’ aspect of the dungeon, not the difficulty. This dungeon was meant to be hard to defeat and you are wanting to make it easier not because the dungeon is too difficult, but rather ease the process of acquiring a Level 100.

There are other dungeons where you could also train. Some routes in Tanren Chambers don’t have any Pokemon with Counter or Mirror Coat. Places like Beach Bunker and Southern Sea are also good places to train.

I think we should just go back to the system we had at some point where a pokemon could only reflect as much hp as it had or less. that worked pretty well and kept a power balance.

This is the best solution i have heard o:

This is the best solution i have heard o:[/quote]
That wouldn’t effect bide would it?

That is how the Counter’s work, for players.
For NPCs they reflect how much damage you deal.

False. Most wild Pokemon with these moves resist being OHKO’d by most level ranges, and you would have to attack them more. If that’s not the case,

there are times when it’s impossible to run due to summon traps clustering you with Pokemon, especially at tiny ranges. And that’s just an example. You would also have to bother about other Pokemon, not just the target. And what if the target uses it but the player lags? There’s no good way to counter the user once you’re trapped.

This isn’t “hard”, this is a Russian roulette. Hardships can be managed. There’s no good way to prepare for a sudden Counter/Mirror Coat.

HT had been released long before Mt. Barr, and even then, there were harder dungeons that Mt. Barr, other than HT.

Weren’t you talking about difficulty yourself just now? And now you’re saying that it’s not difficulty in question, but simplicity of training? Well, excuse me. Also, it does create problems with difficulty since even during initial runs with a decent party, that may screw you up badly with no warning.

Just a late reminder, One Move per Thread please, I renamed the Title accordingly.