Defeat/Drop Item Changes

I’ve always felt that it should work this way in PMU, but with how the recent HC works especially I am motivated to create a suggestion thread for this.

My idea? Make items that are lost on defeat that currently go to the void drop similar to Minecraft, on defeat, even if it is just supplies like apple ethers ect. It’s very awkward to tell someone “Hey you are down to your leader mind dropping everything so we don’t starve to death when you inevitably die.” which in item limited dungeons, is what happens. Alternatively, if you think more than just supplies should drop this way, I would be on board, once you get up to the higher tiers where people use valuable items, they are certainly honorable enough to give the items back to players who drop them, if it happens, most run with escape ropes, so the most this would ever actually be used in training scenarios, is on accidents, or when leting newer players borrow valuables, now I don’t know about you, but if I let someone borrow a valuable and they die, I’d feel much more comfortable and be much more likely to loan it if I knew that there was no way for it to be lost to me entirely one way or another.
In the main series people can rescue others via wondermail, to safeguard items, in PMU a feature only exists similarly for guildmates, perhaps this can another layer of security for those without a guild? Besides Revives and Escape ropes, which can be forgotten and get sticky.

PMU players are very honorable when it comes to items especially in the higher tiers, I’ve seen people personally replace lost items several times, and I personally believe this a feature that won’t be abuse but will lead to definitely more parties in HC and future HCs, and other item locked dungeons.
As a safeguard perhaps disable this completely if killed by another player? I don’t think anyone would do that, but just to be safe if implemented there should be no reward to the player for killing a teammate with friendly fire moves, and no motivation to do so.

• Players drop supplies on the floor on defeat
  • The items that were lost before now appear on the floor when players are defeated
  • No change/Items go to the pink wall

0 voters

The major hurdle here is the item limit, IMO. There can only be 30 items on the ground at once per map.

1 Like

What’s the average amount of items that normally get lost on defeat?

Players can hold up to 60, I believe. And they usually drop either 33% or 66%, I forget which.

There are also often 10+ items on the ground already

1 Like

That would needed to be changed then I suppose, but that has always been an issue in dungeons and in house shops, in my opinion.