Digimon: The Rebellion (Roleplay)

PlotWhether we noticed it or not, the Digimon craze has been coming and going, there were the card games, the hand held games, the movies, the console games…the list goes on. Manufacturers all around the world create these unique devices to be sold in stores all around the world. Things have been coming and going just like that for a while now, but one thing you never expected was to find that the game was about to become “real”.

Many researchers took a giant leap in which they were able to use new technology to allow humans to “enter” the digital world. This led to the advances in many areas, such as broadening the horizons of home shopping and such, but the “portals” for entering these digital world are large, hefty and rather unattractive metal chambers which cost a fortune. Only the richest of people can afford these for their homes, but luckily the creators of these “portal chambers” are kind. With the goal of becoming known world wide they have opened several large arena like buildings simply filled with these chambers, much like a library.

With money and entertainment in mind, the creators of Digimon decided to purchase some of these buildings. They made an online game in which anyone with access to these portals could play. It has been in testing for many years and many people were eager to play. Finally, it is finished and the game is being released to the public.
It has been a year now and the people are amazed. With graphics so great they may as well be real and the ability to use all of your senses to truly understand the environment around you, technology and expectations were soaring.

Whether you were waiting ever since the announcement of it"s creation or whether you"re only curious because of something a friend may have said, you are about to try this game for the first time in your life, but are you prepared?

Roleplay Rules

[ul][li]Official PMU rules apply.[/li]
[li]No Godmod. You cannot dodge every attack or win every battle.[/li]
[li]Relationships are allowed as long as they are kept at a PG13 level maximum.[/li]
[li]Include a theme tune for your character in the sign up.[/li]
[li]Yes, you can have more than one digimon, but you don"t have to. You won"t be getting another any time soon.[/li]
[li]No more than 2 characters each please.[/li]
[li]No perfect characters. Everyone has flaws.[/li]
[li]A post should be at least 3 sentences long. [/li]
[li]I shall choose your digimon for you, if you have any objections of preferences then feel free to PM me and I may consider re-choosing.[/li]
[li]Feel free to PM me if you have any queries.[/li]
[li]Have fun~[/li]
Game rules
[li]4 days in game = 1 day in the real world and therefore 1 digital day = 6 hours.[/li]
[li]Anything more than 4 days in the game (one day in real life) will make you “portal sick” and you will have to leave. If you stay there any more than 6 days (in game) and you will faint in game and you will need to take at least a further 10 hours of complete rest.[/li]
[li]The second you faint, your card will cut you out and you will not be allowed back for the rest of the day (10 hours minimum anyway)[/li]
[li]If you leave the game after playing more than 4 hours, you need to wait at least 6 hours before you can use a portal again. If you play less than that, you will be able to go back on anyway, until you use up all of your allotted time for the day anyway (6 hours).[/li]
[li]While you may only have 6 hours a day, with a nice attitude (and a little money), you may be able to persuade the staff to give you a little extra time, as long as it won"t, you know…kill you (that can happen).[/li]
[li]While you can eat and drink in game, it only tricks your brain so you don"t feel hungry, thirsty, sleepy etc…[/li]
[li]Due to the fact that it is only a trick, your body will get weaker in real life as you are not actually eating or drinking or even going to the loo, and it can have an impact on your body once you leave the game.[/li]
[li]Luckily, there are toilets and cafeterias etc… in all portal buildings and meals can be bought with real or in-game-currency.[/li][hr][/hr]
[li]Before you enter the game, you will be given something that is referred to as a “master card”. It has all the personal info that you included in the game sign up form and will automatically record all your in-game-progress by inputting the data into a memory chip. The card will be used to purchase in-game items and other things in the building such as food.[/li][hr][/hr]
[li]Digivices can be used to list “allies” and you can use a teleport function and a locator function on the map to find or warp to your allies.[/li][*]If you are about to leave the game, your allies will be alerted via “digimail” (same as email, but I put digi before it. >3)[/ul]

Shade looked awe-strucked at the building, it was beautiful. She made her way to the front desk, after filling the form out, she recived a card, and told to head to the third floor. She made her way there. she looked confused about the portal, she began watching how other people entered, she did th same. placing her card into the slot, the portal opened. she entered it, and appeared into the Digital world.

“Oh! this place is amazing!” she gasped looking at the scenery.
she noticed a box at her feet, she opened it and found a light blue base and a dark purple grip and buttons, she also got a bracelet which colors was pink.

soon messages appeared on her device as she read each one carfully, soon after she was introduced to Renamon.

‘would you like to nickname it?’ the screen read.

“Renamon should be called… Angel!” she typed the name and smiled at Angel.

" We are partner now right? lets do our best together!" Shade said excited, but Angel only looked the other way, not being the talkitve type.

soon after she was transported to a city,

‘southern city’ the screen popped up.

“this place is so cool! come on Angel, lets explore!” she couldnt hold her excitement much longer as she grabbed Angels hand and begab walking around the city.

(OOC: sorry if my first post is a little slow/dull im still learning more about the world.)

The word had gotten around school like a wildfire.

“Hey, have you heard about this new Digimon thing?!”

All the gamers were buzzing about this new news for the past who knows how long. Talking about how real it looked, how real it seemed, how real it was. Too much hype for a game, Caroline thought.

It’s just a game, right?

Walking out of school, she picked up the pace and trotted down the street. Slowly, the light around her became dimmer, and the atmosphere darkened. It seemed like everyone was some shady villain, hidden under their coats and hats. Clouds grew black, and rain started pelting down.

So much for soccer, she grumbled.

Trying hard not to get soaked, Caroline sprinted in the direction of her house. Turning a corner-

“Wha- Ow!”

"Watch where yer goin’ - "

She and another person somewhere around her age, quickly judging from his or her stature, tripped over in a heap. The two of them, a total mess on the sidewalk with the rain still pouring.

“Sorry,” Caroline mumbled, head down.

“Nah, sorry,” The person started to say. “Oh hey, it’s you, Carrie!”

“Huh?” The face clicked in her head, and a familiar name appeared. “Oh, Kathyrn!”

Kathryn, her sister, was just a tad shorter, but the two of them definitely looked alike. The short tan hair, and the dull brown eyes surely were similar. Energetically, her sister jumped up and started jogging in place. The two of them could never stay still, or so their father said.

“A friend told me about this new Digi . . . Digi something game. It sounded really cool, but I have to do stuff for mom and dad. Why don’t you go try it? Tell me how it is!”

“Wait- what?” Caroline sputtered, still on the sidewalk.

“I’ll take that as payment,” Kathryn winked, and shortly dashed off.

I guess I could, she thought. Although, I might want to change first. I look like a mess.

[hr][/hr]

After a short bout of throwing clothes around and quickly dressing, Caroline grabbed her coat and bounded off towards the new Digiwhatever place. She couldn’t deny, it did sound tempting. The realism of the game was apparently taken to a whole new level, shooting above the competition. So much for Nintendo.

The building was shiny, and not to mention, rather impressive. It gave off that high-tech vibe, although, that didn’t really go hand in hand with Caroline’s interests. Royal blue, green stripes, automatic glass doors - surely more fancy than her place.

After a short read of the brochure and a talk with one of the clerks, she was given a card.

“This card holds all the data you need to go into and out of the game. Remember, one digital day is six hours in the real world. Make sure you keep tab on the time you spend here! And, have fun!”

“Oh, okay.”

“Do you have any mobile devices on you? We’re afraid it’ll mess up the servers, so please put it in the safe next to your portal.”

“Gotcha.”

What have I gotten myself into?

[hr][/hr]

Caroline opened her eyes to a lush green field. Underneath her feet, the logo read “Digimon World Online”. The gold bordering finished off the professional look. Everything seemed so real. She felt the quiet breeze, the sounds of others and their Digimon were audible, for a moment, she just stood there, shocked, dumbfounded.

Suddenly, something in her hand lit up and shot out some text, probably some tutorial:

Hello tamer.
This is your digivice. It is an essential piece of equipment and it is important that you keep it with you throughout your journey. The three buttons below activate (from left to right): digimon info, menu and inventory. The left and right buttons can be changed in the shortcut option on the
menu to access other features of the digivice.
The button on top left of this device activates the map and the radar while the top right button will allow you to view your ally list.

You will have plenty of time to experiment with this device, but for now, lets introduce you to your new partner.

Out of the light, an intimidating dog like creature appeared. It had some sort of spiky metal collar. The brown and black fur made it seem hardy enough, but, it looked different from the dogs in the real world.

“A Doberman?” Caroline thought out loud.

“Doberrmon,” the dog gruffly replied. “I’m a Doberrmon.”

The Digivice flashed again:

Name him!

“Uh,” She paused and tapped her foot.

“Wolfgang?” The Dobermon woofed.

“Sounds good!”

[hr][/hr]

Congratulations Tamer, you can now leave the safe zone with your new partner, Wolfgang, a Dobermon.

“Onwards!”

And Wolfgang gave a little howl.

OOC:

Oh mai Arceus! Flint, come back! Come back! I wanna use you again! Nah, just joking, but I do miss roleplaying as him XD

I sat all alone in a room.

I had forgot to put rice to early into the plate, and when my little sister started bawling, my parents punished me, and locked me up in the “time-out room”. The room didn’t have too much lighting, the wood planks rose up, and released stinky smell of sap. Only a tiny hole seeps out a bit of light, but in the afternoon, it was an ominous red. The lock was outside the room, and so I was stuck there, unable to get out.

I embraced Boon a bit more tighter and held-up my head, the afternoon sun shone into my red eyes, as the radiance put out a scary aura. Thick dark-purple eyebags filled my eyelids that become an eerie sea of sadness with my mismatched eyes. Emotionless lips swiped my face with a simple slit.

I curled up into a fetal position, as I embraced Boon even harder than before. After a while of loathing the situation, I heard clanking from the ceiling, then I heard five “pssts”. I skimmed around the room, staying in the same spot in the bed I was on.

A figure came down from the sky, as I jumped to the other side of my bed, my once emotionless eyes widening in surprise. The figure dusted himself and coughed up a bit of dust and stretched a bit, a wide cheshire-cat smile glistened on his face.

A bit of the red sun shone on him, and it was my friend: Grigio. He was a stout youth, what you would expect from a normal 14 year old. Thin, energetic, and full of hip. He came closer to me and said in his completely Russian-colored voice:

“Where’ve you been? Dave’s been waiting for you everywhere!”

Dave was a friend of mine, he made my fanhood of digimon be reborn, if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been going to the digital world.

“We have to go, now. You’re parents could come any minute.”

I quickly looked up at the area where he got out. A simple, square-shaped hole filled my ceiling and as I pointed up and tried to open my mouth, he already answered my question. “Airvent” He said, as I nodded my head and opened up a zipper from the back of Boon.

I kept important things in Boon. Keys, cards, ID, extra money, did I already say cards? Ah, yes I did. I got out the card, that would allow me to enter one of those portals in the building. Grigio gestured to move and he quickly jumped up into the hole with acrobatic skill.

“Take Boon, first.”

I held up the rag-doll upwards to him, as he stretched as far as he could so he could reach him. With utmost effort, we tried our best to stretch towards each other, after a while, we finally got him up and with a noticeably annoyed voice, Grigio exclaimed.

“Do you have to take that Teddy Bear everyvhere?”

“Hey! He’s important, my parents could have hid the card if it wasn’t for him.”

We quietly shouted as he rolled his eyes. I then jumped up an impressive height, I may have been raised in an average family, but Grigio thought me everything his family knew about parkour, and I was able to train myself to jump a few inches higher than most people.

He held hard onto my hands, as we struggled to get up. For an unhealthy and depressed person, I was still very heavy. He quickly dragged me up, making a few clinking and banging noises that my family might have noticed, hoping they didn’t rush into my room.

The dusty fog and cobwebs that filled the airvent was quite impeccable as I tried to spit them out of my mouth. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to crawl in the spiraling darkness. I looked left to right, as Grigio led me in perfect memorization around the place.

“Can’t wait to get to the Digital World.”

“I just hope it’s what Dave and I expected, and not a dangerous world like in the animes.”

“Heh! That’s what should make the world fun, I’ll hope for that type of Digital World.”

Grigio kicked the airvent that faced him, and the red sunlight in the sky surrounded the hole as he gestured to me to move, double-time. We got out and dusted ourselves, as I spat out a few bits of excess dirt and cobwebs.

"Okay! Let’s go!

We quickly ran towards the building. It was a simple skyscraper, the whole building was white, and was lined up with windows. The automatic doors that opened back-and-forth fascinated Grigio and he decided to play with it.

Dave was already waiting for us. Dave was part of a rich family, he was a bit chubby, and short in stature. Glasses smirked through his face and he braced the same emotionless smile I had. His eyes, however, would always glow in more felicity than mine ever would.

“Guys! Hey there!”

He smiled as he approached us. He jumped up and down in so much bliss. He was amazed by the technological advancements that Russia was able to take, and they did something that was fun, instead of doing plain-old guns.

“Why the same old smirk, Chip?”

“We got him out of the house.”

“Ahh, but don’t worry, this’ll be fun, promise!”

They started having a long conversation with each other. As I walked into the building, the two of them, closely following behind me as they continued to yap on-and-on on what they could do in the Digital World.

“Of course, I want a Gaomon! Or maybe… well, how about you?”

“Well, I’d like to see myself with a cool Digimon, maybe… Agumon!”

“Well, I want a Digimon that looks like Boon… Pandamon, perhaps?”

It was always fun to hear the three of us talk. Dave had a perfect American voice-color, I had a rather European accent and Grigio was stuck with his Russian voice that jumped up on “w’s” and “s’s”. It made people think that it was amazing that people of “different” races could be together.

The Portals lined up the room, as a rather, regular lighting filled the ever-white room. Dave snuck up behind us and put his lumbering hands on our shoulders, I cringed in a bit of pain, as my legs started to bend. He then said words that I would never forget.

“Well, guys. I don’t think we should go on a journey together.”

“What!? Why!?”

“You, you promised!”

“We gotta grow up, guys. We’re not really gonna be together for a long time, anyhow we’ll meet each other very soon!”

We simply stood there, and looked at each other. We did a lot of things together since we met, but this was one thing we always promised we’d do together, but it was true, we would meet each other again on the journey, and maybe, it would help us to grow apart, just in case of the future.

We nodded and approached portals, Dave went into a portal on the other side of the room, and my portal, and Grigio’s we’re one portal away from each other. I insert my card and the machine made a few whirring sounds, after that, a ding similar to a toaster came up and the portal opened, and I entered it as I looked at the others.

“Three” “Two” “One!”

The portal closed and a bright light flashed. I woke up, standing up in a completely white zone that was bathed in a white light, I looked around and saw nothing. I looked at my right hand, where I felt Boon seemed to have gotten heavier, and I screamed as I saw what replaced him.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!

A small bear with black wings and a long tail plopped out of my hand and rolled down as he bounced around the zone that we were in, his furry bo-- Did he just talk-- Wait he’s a Digimon-- What happened to Boon-- What Digimon was this, I’ve never see-- It’s approaching me!

“Did’ya really have to do that?”

[color=red]“W-where’s Boon, wh-who are you!?”

“Here’s your Digivice, and bracelet… The name’s Cinereus, and you best get used to me, 'cause I’m a glitch in the game, just d-d-d-don’t tell anyone.”

A glitch? Why hasn’t he been patched yet, then? Anyway, I obtained the device and the bracelet he gave me. The bracelet was a dirty yellow and the device was green and black. Of course, I know what a Digivice is, but why the bracelet?

Congratulations tamer, you can now leave the safe zone with your new partner, Cinereus.

That was automatically what was written on the Digivice, and three green squares quickly surrounded my feet, and a “glitching” green cube appeared around Cinereus. A feeling of falling came around me as I started to glow and was warped to a town.

Now to start my journey…

A ringing sound coming from his pocket pulled Lyle out of a daydream. He took his phone out, and checked what the message said.
“Hey Lyle wanna check out that new Digimon game?”
He thought about it for a second, then replied, “Sure.”
Great, he thought, Now I have to go try out that Digi-thing. Just what I needed.
He sighed, stood up and started towards the new Digimon Facility. It wasn’t far away, so he hoped he wouldn’t be too late. However, when Lyle got there, his friend wasn’t there waiting for him at the entrance. Just great.
Well, I’m here now anyway. May as well see what all the hype is about.
He went to the sign-up desk, and got told what he would need to know about the rules and regulations, then was given his card. He took the elevator to the third floor, all the while thinking, what have I gotten myself into?
The elevator door slid open, and he walked into a room full of strange metal machines, which were apparently these ‘portals’ he’d been told about. He walked up to one, and surveyed it for a card slot. Once he had located it, Lyle stepped up to the machine, and…
[hr][/hr]
He was lying on a field of lush green grass. In front of him was a green box with the Digimon Online Logo on the front. When he opened it, he found a Red Digivice with white grips and a white bracelet.
A small noise came from the Digivice, and on it’s screen a message appeared.

Hello tamer.
This is your digivice. It is an essential piece of equipment and it is important that you keep it with you throughout your journey. The three buttons below activate (from left to right): digimon info, menu and inventory. The left and right buttons can be changed in the shortcut option on the
The button on top left of this device activates the map and the radar while the top right button will allow you to view your ally list.

You will have plenty of time to experiment with this device, but for now, lets introduce you to your new partner

From the distance, Lyle saw an outline coming towards him. After a few minutes, the small creature had reached him. It had the appearance of a small rodent, but for the fact that it had wings that seemed a little too small for it’s body.
He looked back at the Digivice, and found that a new message had been received.

Hello again, this is your partner Digimon, Tsukaimon.
It is a Mammal type Digimon with the Virus attribute, so it is weak against Vaccine types, but strong against Data types.
Would you like to give your Digimon a nickname?

“No need,” said the small Digimon, “The name’s Chronic, but you can call me Crow.”
Lyle was slightly perplexed by this. How could this creature talk?
“Er… Ok, then… Crow,” Lyle said, while typing the name into his Digivice.

Congratulations tamer, you can now leave the safe zone with your new partner, Chronic!

The partners were encased in a bright light, and suddenly they stood in a busy city street.

Welcome to the Southern City. It’s where all players start. Why don’t you have a look around? Click on the top left button to view the map.

After viewing the map, Lyle decided to enter a nearby Cafe.

Hello again. I see you’ve entered a shop. Since this is your first time coming to one, we will supply you with 500 bits for free. Bits are the currency in this game. You need bits to buy food, stay in hotels and a whole number of other things. You can get bits by completing quests and missions or returning digieggs dropped by digimon. Make sure you spend your money wisely, you’ll need it to look after both you and your digimon.

He wasn’t really hungry, but Lyle had needed to find a place to get away from all the noise of the city.
He wondered what was possible in this world… It wasn’t real, of course, but it took over your senses, and made everything so realistic. His dream… was it possible that he could experience it here?
“HEY, Lyle! Stop daydreaming will you, I’m hungry!”
“Huh…?” Lyle replied, not knowing who was talking to him.
Crow landed on his head, and grumbled, “I’m huuuungry. I need something to eat. Understand?”
Lyle had completely forgotten about the Digimon. He walked up to the counter and asked for two sandwiches, for him and Crow. The total came to 70 bits.
[hr][/hr]
OOC: Hope I did that right. Heh

Riding as fast as he could through the busy streets, Ray sped up, as it was the last day to sign up for the Digimon Online virtual game. As he raced down Crooked Street, swerving each turn correctly, he dashed through the lines, and the next street was the Digimon Online building.

As he biked along, almost a block away, he tripped, knocking his bike over and several attachments, like his phone that cracked when it slammed against the hard concrete and wallet dropping a few bills but otherwise was unharmed, he could see the building getting locked.

“Oh, dang it!” he cried.

He quickly picked up his parchments and raced once more in front of the building. In front, he saw a man who was turning a key in the lock, and there was a short click before he started walking away.

“Wait!” Ray yelled, running and leaving his bike unattended in front of the building.

“Hm?” The man replied, turning his head quickly to the teenager.

“Is it, pant, still open?” Ray asked.

“Sorry kid, just closed. Come next time.” He said.

“Come on man, please?” Ray pleaded, wanting to enjoy the virtual universe.

“Sigh… alright, fine.” The man said.

“Awesome, thanks.” He took his bike and helmet. “But… what do I do about these?” He said, gesturing to his ride.

“Oh, those? The building is huge inside, you can just leave it in. There are a couple locks for bikes, you can just slide it and lock it until you come out.”

“Okay, cool.” Yes! Finally! he shouted in his mind.

The man opened the door, letting the boy in. “We’ve got one more! Don’t shut down the portal yet!” he said loudly.

The room was spacious, almost as big as an airport. There were some flights of stairs next to the desk in front of him. Probably leading up to the portal ingame, he thought.

A woman was in front of the reception desk. “Fine,” she said, looking bored and tired. “Here are the rules and regulations. Here is your ID card for ingame. Just head up the stairs to the third floor, and show the ID card to the man sitting in front of the circle-looking compartment.” She said, handing him a slip of paper and a card.

“Okay!” Ray said excitedly.

Ray ran up the stairs, imagining how fun the ingame world would be. I wonder if I get one of my favorite digimons to start with? he thought wildly.

“Um, I’m here!” Ray said, looking around in the dim room.

“Welcome!” A man in a scientist coat and a black tie said.

“Hi. I’m here to enter Digimon World Online.” Ray replied.

“I would assume so, seeing as you’re here.”

“I guess so. But anyways, can we get this over with?”

“Okay, sure. Just enter the capsule-like object over there.”

A metal ball appeared, spacious enough for Ray to lie down. It opened by itself, and smoke came out. Ray could see a track-like road underneath it, and what looked to be an endless abyss surrounding it. The capsule said 04 in yellow font next to the entrance.

“Like this?” Ray said, sitting down.

“Yep! You’re just fine. Enjoy your time!”

“Thanks! I will.”

The metal ball closed with a puff of smoke, leaving Ray coughing for a bit. The capsule shook and spun, as if Ray was riding a fast and furious rollercoaster. A minute or so later, Ray ended up in a room as if someone was in a beginning portion of a game, a light room with colors spinning around.

A small metallic green box appeared, just floating there. Ray looked around, nothing else besides him was here. It was a bit creepy. Ray tried touching the box-like thing, and a chatbox appeared, a female voice reading the tutorial aloud.

Hello tamer.

You will have plenty of time to experiment with this device, but for now, lets introduce you to your new partner.

“Woah!” Ray jumped back, stunned. “Er, okay.” He said, once it finished. The red digivice with the yellow grips and buttons and a bracelet in the air both appeared. Ray snatched both in the air and put it the digivice in his pocket, while sliding the bracelet on his hand.

A bear-like digimon appeared in a flash of yellow light, standing in front of the surprised, but otherwise excited, tamer. It had what seemed to be a dark blue cap with ‘Bears’ written on it in red text, and some leather wrapped around its arms and chest.

Hello again, this is your partner digimon, Bearmon.
It is a Beast type digimon with the vaccine attribute, so it is weak against data types, but strong against virus types.
Would you like to give your digimon a nickname?

“Um… Hello!” The beastly digimon said. “My name’s Kuma, but if you want to name me something else, that’s fine.”

“No, it’s fine. I’m Ray, your new tamer.”

“Okay.” it replied again.

“If it’s okay with you, you can go and ride on my back.”

“Uh, sure!” It said happily.

The bear jumped on as Ray typed the name into the Digivice, almost dropping it to the sudden weight that popped on him. Dang, he’s heavy. I can handle it though… I hope.

Congratulations tamer, you can now leave the starting zone with your new partner, Kuma!

A flash of light engulfed the two, and were warped to a city full of kids and their starting rookies. A sprinkling fountain was at the center, and the city itself was full of bustling buildings and people.

Welcome to the Southern City. It’s where all players start. Why don’t you have a look around? Click on the top left button to view the map.

The sudden chatbox made Ray jump once again, but he pressed the top left button of his orange digivice.

“I’m getting a bit hungry. Are you?” Ray said.

“A bit, but I’m fine if you want to start exploring.”

“Okay. There’s a cafe in the north, want to go there?”

“Alright, I’m fine with that.”

There was a brown building with a coffee sculpture hanging on its title. It said ‘Northern Cafe.’

Upon entering the door, a grassy green chatbox appeared once again.

Hello again. I see you’ve entered a shop. Since this is your first time coming to one, we will supply you with 500 bits for free. Bits are the currency in this game. You need bits to buy food, stay in hotels and a whole number of other things. You can get bits by completing quests and missions or returning digieggs dropped by digimon. Make sure you spend your money wisely, you’ll need it to look after both you and your digimon.

The cafe was filled of tamers and digimon. There were a few empty tables, but others were mingling and took a huge portion of the area filled with people. The line was mildly long, but it wasn’t a huge wait.

“Hm. Okay, Kuma, what are you up to?”

“Um… I don’t really know. If they have any slices of cake or donuts or something, I’m fine with that.”

“Alright then, since it’s our first day, let’s take a slice of cake for each of us. How does that sound?” Ray said, while grinning happily.

“Awesome! To our first day!” Kuma yelled out leaving nearby tamers to stare, then continue mingling.

After waiting a few minutes, it was finally Ray’s turn.

“Two cakes, please. Chocolate, preferably.” Ray said to the man at the counter.

“That will be 68 bits, please.” the man said.

Ray handed him the money and the man returned with two dark chocolate cakes, with brown frosting on the top.

“Kuma, let’s sit over there.” He said, pointing to a table next to a window.

“Okay.” The bear digimon replied back.

OOC: I think I did that right, hopefully I did. Also, the coffee store in our town serves cake, so I don’t know if others do, but I put it there anyways.

OOC// You’re all doing great. :3 Money doesn’t really matter at the moment. Be imaginative, but be fair.
PS. Some Digimon may not be able to use all of their abilities yet, but I included them in the Digimon information anyway. It is up to you to choose whether s/he knows them all or not.

Alice and Koto were finished. They signaled the waiter to took their plates and left. Neither of them knew what to do next, they just wandered around until they got near the exit gates of the city. There were no guards, nor that many people. Just a few coming or going with strong looking Digimon. One of them returning to the city even had an Agumon almost as big as her. She began to wonder if Kotemon would grow anymore and if he did, would it be like that?

She shook her head of the idea when she heard her Digivice bleeping. She pulled it out of her pocket. In the corner of her eye she could see Koto’s unblinking yellow orbs staring out of the darkness at the small device.
Alice turned back to the screen and saw the message.

These gates are what separates the village from the southern plains.
Beyond these gates are many Digimon who you can battle to get stronger. There may also be other people for you to meet and some may even need your help.
Why don’t you go have a look?

WARNING: Entering this gate means that you will be leaving the safe zone, wild Digimon and other tamers may battle you while you are out here. Your Digivice will automatically detect if you are in a battle. If in danger, press the ‘retreat’ option on the touch screen to return to the last safe zone you were at.

Alice looked up. She saw nothing beyond those tall iron gates. She walked towards the wide exit, but as she got closer she noticed something appearing. A green, circular symbol appeared in the gateway. It was made of light and was only visible once you were closer. It was massive, considering it filled the whole gap in the fence.
She walked up to it and tried to touch it. Her hand felt warm and fuzzy. It was nice, but strange. She pulled it back out quickly. She felt a tug on her dress and she looked down.
Koto let go then walked through the symbol.

Alice watched as he faded behind the waterfall of light. She quickly followed him without thinking too much about it.
The light was blinding, but it was only for a split second. In that split second she felt like she was floating, as if she weighed nothing, but then her feet touched the grass and she almost lost her balance. She opened her eyes. It was the same fields, but she could see people and Digimon now. She turned around, she could not see anyone inside the city, but she couldn’t see much of the city center anyway.

It wasn’t as busy as she thought it was. There were groups of wild Digimon roaming around mindlessly and two or three new tamers in the whole area, training their Digimon.
Alice decided she would have a try at it. She walked forward when something suddenly rushed past her. The sound of metal hitting the ground was obvious and the blur of light whizzed past her eyes. She wasn’t sure what it was, but it was some kind of four legged, metal Digimon. She turned to the direction it went, but it was already gone up and over the hills of the fields.

Koto pointed to some weak Digimon, tugging at Alice’s dress slightly. It was only then that she realized it was making a noise. The screen was displaying yet another message.

Hello again tamer.
Welcome to the Southern Plains. There are many wild Digimon here, it is time that you learn how to fight.

First off, instruct your Digimon to attack a target.

Alice looked around. There were Koromon, Upamon, Tokomon and various other in-training Digimon. Alice decided to battle one of the Koromon, a Digimon that she knew about.
“Uhm…how do I…” Alice looked up quickly from the Digivice to see that Koto had already defeated one and its data floated in the air, starting to dissipate.

Well done.
Command your Digimon to absorb the data. This will make it stronger and allow it to use better, even stronger moves.

She looked up again. Koto was crouched on the ground poking some daisies in the grass.
“Koto?”
The Kotemon jumped up quickly, startled by her sudden call. He turned around and stared silently.
“I really have no idea what I’m doing…”
Koto tilted his head to the side and hunched his shoulders slightly, then turned and point to the wild Digimon in a questioning manner.

Alice noticed that none of them made noise. They stared ahead blankly, moving in small distances before turning around and moving back again. Their battling was basic too, they just headbutted their opponents or shot small bubbles at them. Alice began to wonder whether these were real Digimon or not, as she hadn’t actually seen any talk yet, even Koto.

Koto was still pointing. Alice noticed and nodded. Koto finished the task quickly, hitting them quickly and repeatedly with his wooden sword and absorbing the data from several of them. He was getting bored pretty quickly, but he continued.

It seems you have the hang of it now. Your Digimon can fight on their own, but it is up to you to give them advice and support. Without tamers like you, Digimon won’t be able to reach their full potential, so don’t feel as if you’re not important.

Follow the arrow on your map and you will find some stronger Digimon to fight.

The text box shut and the map appeared. The arrow pointing up. Alice followed it and she saw a bunch of blank faced Gabumon. She understood the lack of expression was probably to prevent players feeling guilty, but it was somewhat creepy…like fighting robots…which is basically what they were doing anyway.

Koto ran up to one and attacked it like he did with the Koromon, but the Gabumon’s face changed so it was visibly angry. The Gabumon took Koto’s attacks then countered with a single, well aimed jab to the stomach.
Koto fell to his knees, holding the area he was hurt.
“Koto?!” It happened so fast that Alice couldn’t even tell what had happened.

Koto got up slowly but was scratched in the face by the Gabumon’s claws. Luckily, Kotemon had masks to hide their face. Koto shook off the attack and charged forward, small wisps of flame escaping from the gaps in the mask.
The Gabumon drew itself back and used its signature Blue Blaster attack, but Koto used his own. Koto’s mask caught on fire entirely and with a strong kick of his legs, he hurled himself towards the Gabumon, charging through the attack and hitting Gabumon straight on the head. The beast Digimon fell on its back as its body started to turn into little blue squares evaporating into the air.

Koto was laying flat on his face, he may have won, but he still rammed into that Digimon head first with a move he had never used before.
“Koto are you alright?”
He responded with a slight twitch of his foot.
“Uhh…okay?”
Koto pushed himself up and stretched his arm out towards the defeated Gabumon. The data trailed towards him and entered his body.

Congratulations.
Your Digimon has just learnt the skill ‘Hothead’. It is a fire attributed attack which is strong against Ice types, but weak against Water.

This was starting to sound like Pokemon, but Alice didn’t know much about that either.

Elements work in a way that allows Digimon to gain even more of an advantage over their opponents, unless their attacks are an attribute weak against the opponent.

The Digivice went on further to explain the mechanics of attributes and elements. Alice ought to have listened to but she pressed the skip button. She didn’t feel comfortable in standing around and listen to a possibly long explanation.

Alice put her Digivice back in her pocket and went to sit down with Koto, still face down in the grass.
[hr][/hr]
Angel was in such a rush that she almost ran her Digimon straight into a newbie.
“Careful Fang!”
“Sorry.” Replied the speeding Digimon.
Fang bounded on up and over the hill. She was getting towards the desert. She leapt through several gates and ran through several biomes before they reached the Canyon. An area where Ultimate and Mega level Digimon resided.

The MetalGarurumon felt fear start to grow inside her, but her tamer remained calm and cool. It was beginning to worry here.
“Master? What do we-!” Fang could feel the ground shaking, the rocks moving, the mountains roaring. They were stood inside a massive crevasse, like they were supposed to.
“You know the plan Fang.” Angel whispered into her ear.
Fang gulped and prepared herself. She lowered her body and barked loudly.
The sound ricocheted off the walls and echoed down the natural hallway.
They stood there for a while.

It was about 3 minutes until they heard a response, a low, deep moaning noise from further within. It was the signal they had been waiting for.
“He’s spawned, lets go.”
Fang obeyed and ran towards the source of the noise as instructed. The quest demanded that they track and destroy a Volcdoramon, and Angel had her eyes set on the big one. The really big one.

OOC// Too tired to write well. Basically, train here. Most in-training Digimon + Gabumon and Elecmon. Beyond the fields and plains is a forest path which ends halfway through the forest. (Set as a challenge basically…)
Big big big forest with Digimon such as Falcomon (original), Biyomon, Dokunemon, Wormmon and a MASSIVE Kuwagamon who gets very angry if you destroy his woods. (Don’t face him alone)

Once the two of them had finished eating, Lyle and Crow left the cafe, and headed south. They stopped when they reached a gate that appeared to lead out of the city. There were a lot of Tamers leaving and entering the city with powerful Digimon. He wondered if Crow would ever be as strong as these guys. He’d have to step up his game if he ever wanted that to happen.

His Digivice began to beep.

Beyond these gates are many Digimon who you can battle to get stronger. There may also be other people for you to meet and some may even need your help.

WARNING: Entering this gate means that you will be leaving the safe zone, wild Digimon and other tamers may battle you while you are out here. Your Digivice will automatically detect if you are in a battle. If in danger, press the ‘retreat’ option on the touch screen to return to the last safe zone you were at.

“Well, no going back now,” Lyle murmured to himself, and led the way through the portal.

On the other side, Lyle saw a few new Tamers battling some in-training Digimon. He looked around. Surprisingly, there were only half a dozen or so Tamers there.

He heard his Digivice beep again, and took it out of his pocket.

Hello again, Tamer.
Welcome to the Southern Plains. There are many wild Digimon here, it is time that you learn how to fight.

Lyle looked around. There were a few Koromon nearby, so he decided to start with them.

“Err… So, how exactly do I instruct you to attack?”

“You have to call out one of my attacks. My only move right now is ‘Bad Message’. Just call it out if you want me to attack,” Crow replied.

“Ok then. Crow, use Bad Message! Like that?”

“Perfect,” Crow grinned and released a volley of purple bubbles from it’s mouth, instantly defeating the Koromon. It’s data hovered in the air where the Digimon was a moment ago.

Well done.
Command your Digimon to absorb the data. This will make it stronger and allow it to use better, even stronger moves.

Lyle began to talk, but then realised that Crow had already absorbed the data.

After a while, Crow had defeated the rest of the Koromon, and had absorbed their data.

It seems you have the hang of it now. Your Digimon can fight on their own, but it is up to you to give them advice and support. Without tamers like you, Digimon won’t be able to reach their full potential, so don’t feel as if you’re not important.

A small red arrow appeared on the screen. The partners followed it until they were stopped by an Elecmon blocking their path.

“This guy looks strong enough,” Lyle said, “Ok Crow, let’s use Bad Message.”

The barrage of bubbles sent the Elecmon flying. However, the Digimon wasn’t done yet.

The Elecmon roared, “Super Thunder Strike!” and sent a bolt of lightning straight at Crow, who was knocked back by the force of it. Crow managed to get up and leapt at the wild Digimon, not afraid to fight dirty. The two scratched at each other, both at an equal match, it seemed. However, a Bad Message from close range finished the job. The Digimon disappeared, replaced by a larger amount of data than from the Koromon.

“Ah, that felt good,” Crow said, after absorbing the Elecmon’s data, “Though I’m not sure I’m up for another fight just yet.”

“You did great,” Lyle said, relieved that they had won the battle.

Another beeping sound came from the Digivice.

It is time that you learn about attack Attributes.

Lyle wondered what the message meant.

Elements work in a way that allows Digimon to gain even more of an advantage over their opponents, unless their attacks are an attribute weak against the opponent.

The explanation carried on for quite some time, explaining exactly how each element was weak or powerful against another.

Lyle put the Digivice away, and tried to find somewhere to sit down.
[hr][/hr]
OOC: I did get Bad Message right, didn’t I? :s

OOC// That’s up to you, you can have all, or no moves if you want. You can choose when you learn them as well, but it will probably be quite soon 'cause it might be about time for everyone to get their Champion levels and second Digimon. (Yes. Already. You guys will see why…I’m gonna speed through this RP.)
[hr][/hr]

“VOLCANIC FOUNT!” The Digimon’s voice boomed throughout the canyon. Each footstep shook the ground. This Digimon was practically in control of the earth beneath them. It opened it’s giant mouth and fired a wide stream of super heated magma.
Fang huffed and spun sideways mid-flight. Angel looked up from the ground, almost bored. Even though Volcdoramon’s body was in the crevass and Angelica was on top, the Volcdoramon’s long neck and massive size still dwarfed those far above. Fang stood little chance if anything.
“Metal Wolf Claw!” She screamed, firing a jet stream of freezing air at the Volcdoramon. She managed to freeze some of the lava on his body to stone, if anything, but the sheer heat of the Digimon caused it to melt or be broken away by more lava rising to the surface.

Fang turned her head to face the Digimon as she flew one straight. She growled in frustration, but didn’t notice the massive Digimon’s tail coming straight at her. She crashed into it head on, but the Volcdoramon continued to push her back. He slammed his massive tail into the canyon wall. Rocks fell and the sides crumbled, Fang was left in an indent caused by the impact. She was already starting to lose her form. She had to try harder, she had to.

“Are you gonna take all day?” Angel said, looking down from on top of the cliff.
Fang couldn’t catch her breath, the blow knocked the wind right out of her.
Her tamer sighed and stood upright. “Fine then.” She looked at her Digivice and swung it in a horizontal arc in front of her. A trail of data was left behind and it gathered together and two Digimon formed, Coredramon. One blue and one green, they set off to finish him off.

Using her immense leg strength, Jade jumped far off the ledge and towards the Volcdoramon. Azure wasted no time and launched his attack. He roared an ear piercing screech as he whizzed past the Digimon’s head, angering it and confusing it. He aimed an extremely precise attack onto it’s back.
“Blue Flare Breath!” The attack started to destroy the Digimon’s texture. The contour lines were visible, and the Digicore shining brightly inside.
“Heh, that was lucky.” He said, flying away from the area.
“Lucky for us.” The green Coredramon spread it’s wings to slow itself down. “But not for him.”
She dropped down on his back, smashing it with her tail using Strike Bomber. Green fire started to spew from her mouth and she reared back.
“Green Flare Breath!” She fired a thin beam of fire down into the Digimon. It pierced his body surface and hit the Digimon through the Digicore. No matter how strong the Digimon, a broken Digicore is a broken Digimon.
The Volcdoramon froze, it was all over before he could process what happened.

His body fell slowly to the ground, his data trailing away until it was all gone before he even hit the ground.
Angel held her Digivice up, the data all rushed over and was stored into it. On the screen was information about Volcdoramon. About their homes, their abilities, their natures and all sorts.
“Mission complete.” Angel returned her Coredramon. Fang was able to pry herself out of the gap and clambered over to her tamer, panting heavily.
"That guy better have something good for us, it took a whole day to track that guy, let alone beat him before someone else takes our kill.
Fang gave a tired grunt of agreement.
“Well, right then.” Angel jumped onto her Digimon’s back. “ONWARD!”
Fang couldn’t take the extra weight, she fell flat on her stomach unconscious, the extra data evaporating until she reverted back into Gabumon. Her tamer sighed and looked around at the vast rocky fields. No-one else could get her around as fast as Fang could, and Angel was starting to get tired in this heat. She sat down beside her Digimon and waited for her to wake up again.
[hr][/hr]
Koto’s twitching became more frequent and he eventually managed to push himself up. He cradled his head, aching and pounding from a head on collision with that Gabumon.
“Are you alright Koto?”
The Kotemon almost forgot about where he was and why he was there. He turned to his trainer quickly, his hands still over his head, pressing down where he was hit. Clearly he wasn’t very happy, but he was alright.
“Want to have another go?”
Koto stared at her for a bit, but fell onto his back and spread out his limbs in a star formation.
Alice was rather confused now. She looked around for something to do. That’s when she noticed someone in a uniform, the DWO uniform to be exact, very similar to that of the people who let her into this game in the first place.
She left Koto there, laying in the grass, and went to investigate.
“Uhh, hi. Do you work here?”
“Why, yes I do.” The girl replied. “My name is Mina, what is yours?”
“Uhm, Alice.” She replied rather quietly.
“Well, hello Alice.” Mina grabbed her hand and shook it quite strongly. Alice wasn’t exactly expecting it and her arm sort of flopped around like a sock puppet. She felt like an idiot.
Mina noticed her discomfort and quickly let go. “So, how do you like the game so far?”
“Well…” Alice looked around. “It’s very…realistic.”
“Why yes, of course it is. It may as well be real, it’s just a shame it isn’t in your home environment really.”
Alice’s imagination burst at that moment. She imagined what would happen if Digimon appeared in the real world. She stared blankly ahead at Mina without really noticing it.
“Uhh…hello?”
Koto wandered on up in a slow, dizzy pattern. He rubbed his hand on his head, trying to shield his eyes from the sun when he looked up.
“Oh, so you must be her partner.”
Koto nodded slightly, then tugged on Alice’s dress, bringing her back into reality again.
“Oh!” Alice said, she wasn’t sure how long she was standing there anymore. “Sorry.”
“Uhm, it’s fine. So anyway, is there something you wanted to know?”
“Uhh…so…what do we do now?”
“Oh, well, that’s up to you now isn’t it.” Mina gave her a soft smile then pointed towards a forest over the hills and through the fields. “The forest down there is a good place to get your next Digimon.”
“Wait-what?” Alice looked at Koto, then back at Mina.
“Oh, didn’t you know? You can get several Digimon on this game, in fact, I think it’s 6. Or 3, I’m not too sure.”
“Woah, so how do we get another Digimon?”
“It’s simple.”

Mina explained how ‘boss’ Digimon may revert back into a Digiegg once defeated, providing their data isn’t absorbed. That means the Digimon defeating it won’t get stronger, but there is a chance the tamer could recruit a new Digimon. She also explained how Digi-eggs could be given as rewards for helping people out. Apparently there were many more ways that Digimon could be obtained, but those were the most common ones.
“Oh, so, what should I do?”
“Well…” Mina looked into the forest. There is a boss Digimon there, but he is way too strong for you.
“Aww…”
“Maybe if you had some help though…”
Alice suddenly had an awesome idea. She could recruit some help and they would be able to take it down easily…hopefully. She would have run off and asked everyone she saw to help, but she wasn’t too comfortable with asking for help. She looked down to Koto, still tired from the battle with the Gabumon.
“I think we should have a proper rest, eh?”
The Kotemon nodded slowly, then followed Alice towards the areas where Digimon were less frequent. The two of them sat down and had a looked around. It hadn’t really occurred to Alice yet that it was still just a game. Well, she knew it was a game, but it just hadn’t sunk in how safe it felt, how real it all was, how familiar the smell of grass and flowers were in the hot sun. Speaking of the sun, it was getting hotter, very quickly.

As much as she hated the idea of bugs and cold, damp areas, they walked towards the forest to adventure some more, and get out of the sun’s rays. She couldn’t see what was beyond the forest, the foliage was so dense and the place was so large, but she thought that she could see something ahead, in the slight gaps between the trees. Something shining? She slowly made her way towards it, curious about the glistens ahead.

OCC: A bit late on all this.
At least it’s not dead yet. 8D

[hr][/hr]

Caroline had wandered around a bit and talked with Wolfgang before going offline. She was a bit short on time. When she got home, an hour or two had passed, and she was bombarded with questions from Kathyrn.

“Heyheyhey, Carrie! How was it?”

“It looked so real, Rin.”

“And your partner?”

“Dobermon. Looks pretty strong.”

“Bawww. He must be adorable too! Wait till I get my chance to get on!”

“Okay, if you’re up for it.”

[hr][/hr]

[Next Day]

“Wow.”

Caroline stared at the massive city that spread out in front of her. The place was bustling with new Tamers, like herself, veterans, and Digimon of all shapes and sizes. She felt a dull paw prodding her foot. Wolfgang, her newfound partner, was “wagging” his stubby little tail. He quickly pointed to what looked like a cafe.

“Hungry already?”

He replied with a bark of approval.

“Woah,” Carrie’s eyes caught a hint of something shiny.

It was a water figure that looked like some dragon and dog mix. Not to mention, it was very impressive. Maybe it was a boss or something later in the game.

Magnadramon
Guardian of the South Sea

“Come on! I’m hungrrry! You didn’t buy me anything yesterrday,” Wolfgang stomped his front paw.

[hr][/hr]

“That’ll be 100 Bits, thanks.”

(400 Bits Left)

Caroline had ordered two decently sized sandwiches and some water for the two of them. Wolfgang was obviously content with his food. Caroline just hoped that he wouldn’t knock anything over with his stubby tail, if he could knock something down with it. The smell of the salty sea air was always something Carrie enjoyed. Running on the beach during the fall and spring, perfect weather, perfect breeze. It was just a wonderful place to be. Wolfgang ate most of the food, but Carrie didn’t care very much.

“We should go somewherrre. I’m dying for a battle,” Wolfgang howled energetically.

“Lead the way. I have no idea where to go.”

[hr][/hr]

After a few wrong turns, Wolfgang lead Caroline to a wide plains like area. A few trees were scattered here and there. It seemed pretty quiet, but a few tamers were scattered here and there. In the distance, a few bouncing figures were dodging attacks and throwing back whatever they had.

The Digivice flashed:

Welcome to the Southern Plains.
It’s about time you learn how to fight with your Digimon.

“Uh, okay.”

Select a target, then tell your Digimon what attack to use.

“I have no idea what your att-”

Caroline just stood there and watched Wolfgang spew a dark laser beam into a bug Digimon.

Great! Now tell your Digimon to absorb this data. It will allow your Digimon to grow stronger.

“Uh, take the data.”

“Gladly!”

The Digivice flashed again:

•Grau Lärm (“Gray Noise”): Seals the opponent’s abilities with a howl.
•Schwartz Strahl (“Black Beam”): Pierces the opponent’s body with a black beam. Slight chance that it will destroy the opponents digicore.

“This would have been helpful before . . . And I have no idea how to pronounce anything in German. Wolfgang, just do what you want to do,” Carrie sighed.

After the duo finished their meal, they both walked out of the cafe, walking around. The town was still crowded with Tamers, and as far as Ray could see, he was the only one with a Bearmon.

“Well, I guess since we’re partners now, we might want to get to know eachother a bit.” Ray said.

“Okay then. Ask away.” Kuma replied.

“So… you’re a starting digimon, correct? Did you choose me, or…”

“I don’t know for sure, but I think we’re chosen based on your personalities.”

“Hm.” Ray grunted. “…Er, so what do we do now?” He asked the cub riding on his back.

“I have no idea.” Kuma said, shaking his head.

“Uh… we should find a place to train. You know, to get you started.”

“Sure, I suppose. Where to?”

“I assume that gate over there leads to a training area.” Ray said, pointing to a large metal gate. “You ready?”

“Of course!” Kuma said.

“Alright, let’s go-” Ray said, as he started to walk quickly towards the gates, but before he could enter, an emerald message popped out in front of him.

“Woah!” Ray exclaimed.

“Geez, that scares me everytime…” Ray said under his breath.

“It’s not too bad, I guess.” Kuma replied.

“Alright, as I was saying earlier, let’s go inside.”

Ray walked through the portal, and he reappeared on the other side. There was a grassland on the other side, a bit different than the city that he had encountered before. Strangely enough, he expected about fifty new tamers training here, as it was really busy in the city, but there were only around four or five, and there were dozens of wild in-training digimon.

Hello again tamer.

“Uh, okay. Kuma, ready?” Ray asked the bear who was busy climbing down his sweater.

“Yeah, I’m pumped!”

Ray could see three Tokomon huddling in a group. “Kuma, try battling one of those.”

“Okay!” Kuma ran towards the Tokomon, getting one and throwing it onto the ground. The Tokomon then disintegrated into small cubes, and they flew into Kuma’s body. He then grabbed another, and threw it into the sky. The second crashed and followed the first one’s fate, and the third did the same not long after.

Well done.

“Wow, a little rough, don’t you think… Better not get on his nerves.” Ray said to himself. “Kuma!” He called.

“Yeah, Ray?”

“Hm, nice job defeating the enemies. But, we may need to learn your skills first. Let’s check the digivice.”

Ray took the device out of his pocket, and then selected Kuma. “Hm… you seem to know Karate Fist.” He read. “Mind trying it out for me on one of those Koromon over there?”

“Of course!” He said happily, and rushed to the in-training digimon and used the move. The Koromon seemed to explode from the punch, and the data went into Kuma’s body.

The duo walked to the next part of the plains, a bit darker landscape.

“Huh…” Ray said. “That’s one strong digimon. Kuma, see that Gabumon? Try fighting it.” He said, pointing to the horned monster to his left.

“Okay, then.” Kuma ran to the Gabumon, but the foe was quick and turned around, clawing the bear in the chest.

“Kuma!” Ray yelled in fear of losing the Bearmon. “You okay? If you need-”

“I’m fine, cough, just a bit hurt, but fine.” Kuma stood up, ready to fight, but before he could get in position, the Gabumon used his horn and rushed toward him, stabbing him in the same place where he got cut. “AGH!”
He was pushed back from the impact, and was left stunned for a few seconds. “Ugh…”

“Kuma, watch out! He’s going to use Blue Blaster!”

“Huh… Oh, right!” Kuma got up once again, his wound still hurting. The Gabumon shot a ball of blue flame and it flew towards Kuma. Kuma barely dodged the attack, the flame singing his fur which soon turned a bit black, and ran towards the Gabumon. “Karate Fist!” He yelled, punching the Gabumon in the gut. The digimon turned into cubes and went inside Kuma.

“Kuma, you okay?” Ray asked, running towards him.

“Yeah, I’m fine… just a bit scratched. If you have a bandage, that would be nice.”

“I think I got one…” He said, pulling up a large bandage and covering the cut on his chest.

“I need a break for a few minutes. Sorry, Ray.” He said, falling over on the grass.

“It’s alright.”

OoC: I think I did it right. This was fun.

OOC// Unfortunately, we can’t really progress this RP until everyone else gets to this point. :c I don’t think that’s going to happen.
[hr][/hr]

Alice and Koto decided to stop by the drier part of the forest. Alice spent her time picking dead leaves and sticks which stuck to her hair and her shoes. Her shoes were dried in mud, it was so thick that she almost got stuck and lost her shoe a few times, luckily Koto was able to help or else she might have fallen into it. Unfortunately for Koto, he was pulled in while trying to help Alice. He spent his time there picking the dried, cracked mud off of his body and his hands.

Koto was confused and wondered where they were off to in the first place. She had wandered off of the trail long ago towards the thing in the distance, but Koto didn’t understand what she was looking for as he couldn’t see the glint from his height.

Alice and her partner had sat there for 10 minutes or so in complete silence, other than the complaints Alice made about the forest, but even then she wasn’t talking to Koto. She still hadn’t quite gotten over the fact that this was her partner and they would be together for some time. It was almost as if he wasn’t there, he made no noise of his own so she almost forgot about him sometimes. Not the best start to a relationship, but at least they’re not fighting…if it’s even possible for them to argue.

OoC: At least it’s up again.

“…Yo? Kuma? Wake up, it’s been an hour.” Ray poked at the bear, who groaned and picked up his head, shaking it slowly.

“Huh? What? Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?”

“Would you have liked it if you only got to sleep for two minutes? Besides, there’s no rush.”

“I guess that’s true. But I’m up again, so let’s just go inside! I’m excited!”

“Okay, okay. There should be a lot of InsectPlant Digimon in there, so be wary of some incoming Sticky Nets.”

“Alright, I’ll be fine.” Kuma pondered of what a ‘Sticky Net’ was, but he secluded it from his mind and walked to the forest with Ray.

The duo quickly noticed how dark and damp it was, and the sun became out of view quickly due to the tall, towering trees that covered them. The atmosphere became moist and cold, and there were random mud puddles along the path. They could see Wormmon and Tentomon on the trees, but didn’t bother to try to battle them.

“Man, this forest sure sucks.” said Kuma, trying to avoid the damp and murky puddles on the ground.

“You said it. I think I just stepped into a patch of mud, like for the sixth time already! Jeez, can’t wait until we get out of this.”

Right after Ray said his complaint, they both heard a rustling in the dark green bushes.

“…What was that?” Kuma asked.

A Dokunemon bounced of the bushes, aiming its stinger towards the tamer. It barely hit him, tearing a piece of his sleeve off.

“Woah, Kuma, Karate Fist NOW!”

“Don’t have to tell me twice. Karate Fist!” The attack hit the Dokunemon that was about to hit the ground which was flung out into the trees afterwards. It landed on a branch and jumped toward the Kuma, about to use Poison Claw.

It hit him in his chest, but the poison effect didn’t happen. The bug did an acrobatics onto the ground, leaving it vulnerable to another punch. “Agh, what is this, some kind of super Kunemon on steroids spray painted green?” Kuma yelled, before using Karate Fist to destroy the worm and gain its data.

“How could that… What?” Ray’s expression was priceless and his response was as well.

“I don’t even know… The attack didn’t hurt as much as the Gabumon’s, and I think I’m ready to move on. Let’s go.”

“Alright.” The duo kept moving towards the inside of the forest, covered by the trees.