Dimensional rift, new mini-region

There are a few things that annoy many people right now, probably the biggest one is legendary and mythical Pokémon. Many aren’t obtainable and even those that are aren’t used often because of how they work. the slate system isn’t the greatest, while how they are obtained is pretty much perfect, how they’re used isn’t. you can’t nickname them, they can only be used in dungeons, can’t shiny hunt them, and their move set is reset with every dungeon. I decided to think of a way to fix this and in the end it spiraled into creating a whole new mini-region, so here it is and i hope you like it!

Part 1: the entrance

first you’d have to actually enter the region, and as this would be an extremely endgame region it wouldn’t be easy, to start of with you’d have to climb temporal tower, not entirely sure where it would be located, maybe mm alt path or where sf is as staff don’t seem to like it much, anywhere would work though. Temporal tower would be a fairly difficult 60 floor dungeon, level 80s at least. when you finally get to the top you’d at first see nothing but the altar and some pillars, then however a rift would form on the altar and darkrai would stumble out and attack you after a short exchange. when you beat darkrai you’d have the option to go back or explore further into the rift where you’d find a second dungeon, Dimensional rift entrance.

Dimensional rift entrance would also be extremely difficult, a bit more difficult than temporal tower and 70 floors long. when you finally get to the end you’d encounter Dialga and Palkia guarding dimensional rift proper. after defeating them you’d finally enter the new mini-region

2: the puzzle
congratulations, you’re finally in the dimensional rift, now things get difficult. The dimensional rift would have a distorted appearance, made of dark floating islands coming out of a black void you initially appear in front of a strange ruin with a kangaskhan statue nearby. the ruins would have a rectangular indentation in it a runes telling you to collect the pieces of the secret slate.

3: the dungeons
there would be four dungeons to beat each with its own twist to make things difficult.

the first dungeon would be the enchanted forest, yes ash forest before it burned down. here your level would be reset to one, and the forest would have 60 floors, with ashen forests puzzle in the middle. at the end of the forest you’d find Celebi, enraged by constant attacks on the forest and mistaking you for one of them, Celebi would attack you aggressively, after Celebi’s defeat a slate may be dropped.

the second dungeon would be the ultra wormhole, less a dungeon and more a boss rush with short bits of dungeon between, you’d fight every ultra beast here, one every 5 floors and they’d all have a small recruit rate, at the end you’d fight Necrozma, who would have a small chance to drop its slate.

the 3rd dungeon would be the ancient ruins, a strange energy here would prevent items form being carried in otherwise just a difficult 60 floor dungeon. there would be a chance to find a secret room containing a tree or cocoon, which if interacted with summon xerneas and yveltal respectivly.

I didn’t think of a fourth dungeon but only one party member here and probably some more new legendaries

3: The Birthplace of Legends
after gathering all 4 pieces of the secret slate you could put them in the ruins at the center of Dimensional rift, allowing entrance to The Birthplace of Legends. it’s extremely difficult dungeon, 99 floors 1 party member and 1 item at the end of it you’d fight Arceus, if you manage to defeat Arceus and brought a heart slate with you in your one slot Arceus would create a legendary using your slate.

whether you even need to balance this is up for debate, the weaker legendries would certainly be fine and only the stronger ones may need adjusted, but even then the sheer difficulty of doing this would likely make it fine. this could likely tie in with how you where brought to this would somehow, I left room for writing things in mainly because I’m not to good at it++._.++

definitely an interesting idea :eyes:

1 Like

defenetly a cool and interesting idea, but i dont like the 99floors 1 pokemon and one forced item, so pretty much no items, i feel its kinda of a forced way to create difficulty and leaves a little too much up to rng

1 Like

How are you guys so creative?? I like the idea behind this!

1 Like