Dynamic Dungeons like Faded Relic are wonderful & wish to see more of them in the future

I’m sure everyone’s had the chance to play through the recently reworked Faded Relic now. If you’re unaware of how it works to put it simply the boss & story changes after activating a story prompt else where in the over world. Once you return after setting that flag the boss is different & the dialogue changes.

I would love to see more dungeons take this dynamic approach, not every single one needs to have this style but I think it’s great overall & applaud the people who worked on the dungeon. Maybe we can see dialogue in older dungeons or their bosses change in order to fit the story (one example being the boss fight with Team edge Agony) could possibly be skipped since they retreated & they show up in another dungeon.

I think more dungeons like this will really give the world a sense of life & make it feel like there are actual characters in the game. Not only does it just make the dungeon more interesting story wise but gives players a reason to return there.

What all do you think? Do you like idea of dungeons having dynamic stories & bosses?

6 Likes

I personally see immense potential in linking stories, and very much applaud what Kirk and Scizivire did with the reworked cliffside and faded relic. I’d absolutely love to see more of this.

Another idea comes to mind is a boss offering to let you walk away without a fight, but without any loot; assuming of course that the story script can be set to not spawn the boss, and instead open an alternate exit depending on dialogue choice.

3 Likes

more winden lore plox reee’s in winden fanboy

1 Like

one dungeon i think would make great use of this is boggy wastes IMO

im intrigued by this subplot in archford with the destroyed bog and stuff, and the game treats the player as if they drove the invaders out of the dungeon upon completion, but upon revisiting the story is exactly the same

a “post completion” variation of boggy wastes with dynamic dialogue using this new feature or format would be sick

4 Likes

Some scripted events would be nice but unlikely to happen

1 Like