Every Original PMU Song

Since there is no easy way to view every original PMU composition, I’ve put together a list of every one of them I know to exist within the game’s files.
As I’m sure this list is incomplete, if anyone knows of a song that I missed, feel free to share it with me! I’m a sucker for original music, after all.
Any information about the composers would be much appreciated as well!

Cave Travel

• Currently unused
  • Original use unknown

Crystal Ruins

• Plays in Crystal Ruins (Floors 1-10)
  • Remix of Mewtwo’s Island (Anime)

Exbel Woods

• Plays in Exbel Woods
  • Available via the Tutorial Tambourine music item

Grassroot Town

• Currently unused

Hallow

• Currently unused
  • Formerly played in Mystic Coven

It’s a Beach

• Plays on the Exbel Coast (near Mineral Cavern)
  • Remix of Friend Area – Pond(?)

Pillager’s Secret

• Plays in the Pillager’s Cove
  • Remix of Team Plasma’s Secret Maneuvers

Powder Day

• Used for Winter Holiday Cave 2023 (Winter Woodlands floors 1-10)
  • Available via the Auroran Celesta music item

Ruins

• Plays in Tanren Chambers (floors 51-70, all chambers)

Water Cave

• Winden Rivulet Opening
  • Original use unknown

Winden Snowfall

• Plays in Snowbasin Town
6 Likes

Thank you for the list bird!
There may be more but sadly don’t have the link to the music downloads anymore have to transfer from laptop another day

1 Like

Great job on the list! I know some, if not all, of them were composed by IllusDark8 - a player from 2012-2014ish.

You actually managed to list them all except one - Cave Travel. I’m not sure where it’s used, I just know it’s the only one you’re missing.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you!

I was able to confirm Cave Travel was still in PMU’s files by setting it as house music; I’ll add it to the list immediately.

1 Like

I was going to use Water Cave in Mineral Cavern but I kinda decided against it at one point. It’s pretty nice tho.

It wasn’t made for the dungeon itself, it’s likely very old and I don’t know if it was made for anything in particular.

1 Like

Pretty sure I used Water Cave in the Rivulet Opening map (entrance map for Frigid Rivulet)

1 Like

Aw, that’s a shame! Water Cave is probably my favorite PMU original; it would’ve been really cool to see it used in Mineral Cavern.

Hopefully it and the unused tracks can find a home within the game sometime in the future. I hate to see these songs bottled up in the files.

Water Cave does indeed play at the entrance to Frigid Rivulet; I’ve updated the list to reflect that.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a really nice one!! I’ve just chilled out to listen to it a few times while working on dungeons. Particularly watery/icy tracks are my favorites. :o

2 Likes

Oooooh~ More original songs are always great. Will be downloading them all as soon as i can. Thanks Birb! :mewwave:

1 Like