Exp. All and level 100

So, as most of us know, pokémon at level 100 cannot get experience, and thus, can’t give experience to allies nor transfer part of the kill’s experience to another pokémon in the team through the item Exp. All.

This suggestion is about being able to make use of the Exp. All’s effect while using a pokémon at level 100. If applied, part of the experience, the portion that would go to the level 100 pokémon, would be wasted. The rest would be distrubuted normally among the other pokémon in the team.

Or maybe even let 100s earn exp, but they won’t level up anymore.

1 Like

It would still be a waste, unless you are saying the Experience percentage should go above 100%…

1 Like

That would be one way of making them able to share the obtained experience, also allowing them to share it with other players in the party, in this case.

1 Like

It being a waste is fine, it would be there just for triviality… and maybe future mechanics?

I’m talking about 100s actually keeping exp.

1 Like

I’m talking about 100s actually keeping exp.[/quote]
I’m aware. Not getting experience is exactly what keeps us from using the Exp. All at level 100. Making them get experience would consequently allow the use of the item.

1 Like

Or maybe they would make it so exp will be still distributed but not gained by the 100.

1 Like

It is also a possibility, as there may be others. I’m not sure how the system would work that way, though.

1 Like

I agree, its pretty annoying having no use for mantine except recruiting and arena, or fast dungeon running, while getting no exp. Just… yeah i agree, thats all o3o

1 Like

Okay this seems to be pending since 2014, but it’s kinda important? At present, lvl 100s aren’t very useful, so this would give them new purpose. Plus this is how this works in the core games too.

1 Like

Level 100s can be useful if you’re running dungeons and you need to safe switch into something that won’t faint, gets that one of the only uses for them lol.
PMU don’t follow the core games amazingly well. Moves like Earthquake don’t hit allies, but Surf does (I understand they have their own reasons dw lol), another example would be the relic items being half the price I believe to the core games. Not to mention there’s also the difficulty of trying to balance the exp.all which is probably different in their point of view than ours. Though I admit, would be nicer if level 100s could use it or something to make them a little bit more used and such

1 Like

You can’t compare the economy in MMORPG to that of the core games… Prices are pretty balanced. Also, there is another thread re EQ and Surf where this is being addressed.

Of course lvl 100s are powerhouses, but their inability to gain exp reduces their usefulness.

1 Like

Ok, sure, imagine they made it so Exp. Alls could work with lvl 100s. What would happen to items like doom seeds? Wouldn’t they become useless? Wouldn’t that, in some way, affect the economy since people would stop seeking and buying them?

1 Like

You mentioned that its how the item worked in the core games, therefore I stated that PMU doesn’t always go with the core games given my examples. I’m fully aware of the thread about Earthquake and the over moves not entirely sure what your point was I only used it as an example. The relic items were another example. There’s plenty of items that are different on PMU than in the core games, miracle / wonder chests as another example.
Personally the exp.all already kills the lower level training in the game imo, but eh i’m guilty for using it too so whatever

1 Like

Everstone would be pretty useless, but Doom Seeds can be used to learn a level up move twice which can be handy but I’m pretty sure Kirk wants to prevent that.

1 Like

This economy argument about doom seeds isn’t valid though. It’s like saying that we shouldn’t eradicate diseases because the pharmaceutical companies will be out of business.

2 Likes