Exp. Share

I’m sure you all (or atleast most of you) know what an Exp. All is. It splits the experience you gain between all your Pokemon in your current roster. The problem is, you may have utility or backup Pokemon that don’t need the exp. But they still will be accounted by the distribution, even if they’re level 100. I believe it’s a problem for many and thus Exp. All should become Exp. Share. (hey, it had become that in gen 2 for a reason)

I’ll agree with this. It is kind of annoying when your level 100 gets exp, and it can’t get anymore. Though this would make training a lot easier, I think the exp-share should have alterations to it. Not too easy, not too hard, and not annoying at all is what I want the exp-share to be like. Lol, to be honest wasting exp just breaks my heart; jokes aside we should get to know what other people think.

Agreed 100%.
I hate having to waste a moveslot for Rest because I can’t bring my Refresher during training with the EXP. All :x.x:

Usually I have to take a utility & HM user with me to dungeons. Utility because it’s vital and HM users to get access to the dungeon. If I’m trying to train a Pokemon using EXP. All, I’m not using it entirely for it’s purpose but using it as I would use EXP. Share. The problem is that I’m gaining EXP on at least one Pokemon that I would not like to train which means slower exp gain for the intended Pokemon.

You could always send your utility pokemon home unless your doing a dungeon like sauna cavern depths. You could also bring an item that prevents status conditions i.e. cheri scarf(people do most of their exp. alling in the parahax dungeon snowveil, den/lair). Reviver seeds are also a good substitute for backup mons.

I would have to disagree with this because exp. alling is like a new style of training in my opinon and if exp. share was made out of it, it would be boring and it’ll also be easier for low level mons to get high levels.

Completely agreed! Easier to train as well. And don’t you think it makes more sense? Exp.Share? It just sounds more right and better.

Not sure why one would take a utility Pokemon to a dungeon just to send it back home? The point is to use its utility wherever possible to help clear the dungeon. You mentioned scarves, but understand that with exp.all, you are already failing to maximise its potential because you’re sharing the exp 3-4 pokemon, 1-2 of those that you wouldn’t want the exp on. As for reviver seeds, why would you waste so many just so you can be free of paralysis? Is that even convenient at all? Not to mention, every high level dungeon does entail its own risks.
Going back to the idea that items such as EXP. Share would make the game easier… well, it would help you level a lower level faster, which makes sense as low level Pokemon shouldn’t be harder to train than really high level Pokemon.

Utility Pokemon doesn’t mean just HM slaves. It many mean Refresh/Recycle Pokemon as well. Using Revivers to heal in a parahax dungeon is… you know, silly. As for Cheri Scarves and such, you may need another held item. (i.e. Wonder Chest)
Now, how would using Exp. Share be boring/easier? It’s the same as Exp. All, it’s just that exp isn’t split between Pokemon which don’t have it.

Ok let me explain this here.

Utility Pokemon doesn’t mean just HM slaves. It many mean Refresh/Recycle Pokemon as well.

That’s why I said you could use cheri scarves for status condition problems and there’s a list of items you could as well. There’s also a list of mons you could use to ignore certain status conditions. Also, grimy food traps are rare in snowveil den/lair(again where most people exp. all train) and there’s also tons of food items in that dungeon.

Using Revivers to heal in a parahax dungeon is… you know, silly.

I never said that you could you use reviver seeds to get rid of status conditions.

Reviver seeds are also a good substitute for backup mons.

Now, how would using Exp. Share be boring/easier? It’s the same as Exp. All, it’s just that exp isn’t split between Pokemon which don’t have it

If an exp. share were to replace this item, then it would be too similar to regular training, having a team of 4. To me its fun mixing up a little, only have to rely on one mon to train another pokemon. (or if the other is high enough back up eachother) If an exp. share does what you said then,

-You will have a refresher pokemon to back you up
-You will have another pokemon to back you up

An exp. all distributes exp by just one mon killing it with any level mon. You don’t think it should come with a price? It would be a lot easier to train low levels quickly then it already is if this exp. share gets released. I’ve also mentioned a number of ways so you can avoid the issues you have to make an exp. all run better; it just seems like you want exp. all training easier when its already fine as it is.

The point is to use its utility wherever possible to help clear the dungeon. You mentioned scarves, but understand that with exp.all, you are already failing to maximise its potential because you’re sharing the exp 3-4 pokemon, 1-2 of those that you wouldn’t want the exp on. As for reviver seeds, why would you waste so many just so you can be free of paralysis? Is that even convenient at all? Not to mention, every high level dungeon does entail its own risks.

Sorry, I thought utility pokemon would be HM slave mons, but there’s already a solution for that if you have a scarf. You know you could maximize an exp. all’s potential by just having 2 pokemon in your party and the right items? If you already have a cheri scarf as a back up paralysis then why would you need reviver seeds to protect you from that.

To sum this up, I seriously never had any problems exp. all training with only 2 pokemon in my party. Imo, this exp. share is just a shortcut in training

Actually, you’re using the Exp. All exactly how you would use Exp. Share, by just taking two Pokemons, except limiting yourself and forcing to take items for utility, such as Cleanse/Recycle Orb, whereas it would be more convenient to take a Pokemon. It’s not a shortcut by any means, Exp. All is just not subjective. Again, if you’re having to carry multiple Pokemon that you don’t wish to train but are using an Exp. All then you aren’t maximising it’s use. Holding scarves narrows that even further as you could be holding items such as Wonder Chest.

I personally actually, Train things with the exp.all to a certain level, where they can handle themselves (50 seems reasonable for every dungeon, A level 58 vappy seems to survive even Snowveil completely, as a Tank Pokemon.)

Though as said, i just bring extra supplies to heal status problems. usually alot of beries (Cheri, Pecha beeing the most, since Paralyze and Poison are the worst type)

I take the HM user (If needed) to a dungeon and then send it home after entering the dungeon. which devides the exp from 1/4 1/4 1/4 1/4, to 1/3 1/3 1/3, or even 1/2 1/2

You could really use the Exp.All in a way to make it look like the Exp.Share, Personally. Its just a gamble you would do in high-end dungeons (Except TC, No items allowed.)

I can understand the fact Exp.Share would make things easier, Though Exp.All doesn’t really needs to be changed if it can be used in the same way as the Exp.Share (This is just my own opinion i have on it :x)

Well, it is annoying to struggle due to paralysis because you couldn’t bring a Refresher, unless you’re training one. Or using a Cheri Scarf but limit yourself to using other items. Or overloading your bag with berries instead of Apples/Ethers. Exp. All indeed can be used as Exp. Share, but it puts a notable limit on you, and that’s the point of the conversion.

Well, it is annoying to struggle due to paralysis because you couldn’t bring a Refresher, unless you’re training one. Or using a Cheri Scarf but limit yourself to using other items. Or overloading your bag with berries instead of Apples/Ethers. Exp. All indeed can be used as Exp. Share, but it puts a notable limit on you, and that’s the point of the conversion.[/quote:3ubgwdm6]
Berries are there for a reason, they shouldn’t be useless, it encourages Bag Space Management. If it means taking less Ethers then so be it, that’s the Price of wanting to use Exp All efficiently. Berries Provide an Immunity for the floor too.
One Cheri Berry when not Paralyzed will protect you for a while on that floor from Paralyze.
Even taking a Wonder Chest has it’s own draw backs, since you cannot hold any item such as a Def Scarf of Zinc Band or any of those scarfs. Exp All shouldn’t be any different. You just Take what you have to take.

So you send a Pokemon home, no way to turn off recruits so each time one asks to join, you miss out on EXP(which does still happen, in case there’s an argument where stated it’s ‘fixed’) and again, we’re talking efficiency here. Why would you take a load of berries which don’t even stack to a dungeon with over 20-30 floors? Not only are you using up a lot of bag space to cure you from the enemies but may also have to use the berries again as the immunity is not for the entire floor but I believe for 5 moves targeted at you. I wouldn’t think anyone would rather carry 20 status curing berries that don’t stack to just use an item(EXP. All)in a way that another item works. I’m not saying this is a necessity, but it makes no sense to have to sacrifice and change ways you dungeon to use an item that works just like another.

well i’m going to have to disagree, mainly because exp share is too easy. in fact i dont even like exp all (not that i wont use it)

exp all is a gamble and i like it because of that, i cant tell you how many times i went in with 2 pokemon and they died. besides with wonder chest, evolve charm and volt heart i dont really think we need something else to make training easier, i mean why not just add lucky egg as a bag item

That’s a good idea, actually…

…but in all seriousness,

It’s another matter altogether. Many people don’t use more than 1 Pokemon while training in general, unless they’re needed for utility. Remember, utility Pokemon are supposed to make it less annoying, not to ensure survival.

Now, Evolve Charm and Volt Heart are specific species items. You can’t use them on just any Pokemon. As with Wonder Chest… it only multiplies exp by 1.1 and you have to equip it, meaning:

…and there is your “gamble”.

I agree with Espyria, I see no reason to change it, since most people train until the 50s or so, when the desired Pokemon is high enough to survive on it’s own. And I always abandon my HM Pokemon after I go in a dungeon, to reduce the division on Exp. It takes time, a lot, yes, but it also takes a lot of patience for regular training on PMU. And I don’t get how the new one would work. How are you supposrd to select two Pokemon, and have it affect them only? Even though I find training a hassle at times, I like the Exp. All the way it is, thank you very much.~

I agree. It would lower the complications of Training while making it easier. If that makes any sense. I’d like to be able to train equally between my Pokemon.

Holy moly, I remember this stage of PMU. Interesting times.

I didn’t realize this topic existed. Continuing this discussion, I don’t believe the Exp All should be directly changed to an Exp Share.

Instead, the Exp Share could be a new item introduced, which would only divide exp between 2 team members.

Yes, bringing pokemon so you can hold a weather rock, treasure specs miracle chest and so on is very annoying when only wanting to train one pokemon, I think this is an absolute great idea.

1 Like