Foggy and cloudy weather rocks need a buff

I feel like the foggy and cloudy weather rocks should function similar to the clear weather rock to allow for more interesting team building. Not to mention, all the other weathers have a dedicated weather setter and a dedicated weather setting move. There is no move to clear the weather or change the weather back to foggy or cloudy. You would have to bring a clear sky orb which is a hassle because none of the other weathers have this issue.

5 Likes

Casually waiting for ghost type buffs.

I totally think PMU could pull off exclusive moves or abilities for setting cloudy/foggy weather. One downside to that is that it may throw some people off (ex: Spiritomb getting a new ability to make a floor foggy). Otherwise, maybe a simple item or held item may work just fine ngl.

1 Like

Foggy and Cloudy could also be buffed if the weathers gets actual benefits besides the move speed and gem effect. If buffing the rock is not an option of course. Because as it stands, Foggy and Cloudy are basically weathers you wanna avoid in the wild.

i onIy agree that foggy and cIoudy need a buff if we don’t nerf cIear, sun, rain, snow.

which i don’t think we are gonna nerf.

so i agree. we do need a buff.

your ideas are good, and so are umi’s ideas.
i personaIIy think the dmg reductions of cIoudy weather are so cooI, i think at a minimum the dmg reduction of cIoudy weather shouId work with the rock.

Why would you want to do less damage in cloudy weather. Seems like a nerf to an already struggling weather.

(recieve Iess dmg) not deaI Iess dmg IoI

Regarding abilities to set up this weathers, Zacian and Zamazenta could be given an ability to set up fog while on their hero forms, since they are seen summoning fog at the begining of sw sh, this way (We could also have one be a fog setter and the other, a cloud sether). This also means that if you want to use Zacian or Zamazenta without setting up fog, you can resort to their crowned forms (Asuming that they would transform by using the rusted sword and shield and not by holding it).

Of course, this has some issues:

1. We likely won’t see Zaciang or Zamacenta being added to the game any time soon, let alone outside of HC.
  2. Having the only fog setters be legendaries is a really steep barrier to entry when compared to other weathers (specially when you can have your starter be a sun setter)
  3. They would take up your legenday pokemon slot, so if you wan´t to use fog for any Legenday (Mewtwo, Hoopa, among others) you are still forced to use a foggy rock.
  4. A bit of a minor issue, but still, since you have to summon them, you can’t have fog on floor 1.

Over all, I think this addition would be helpful, but the issues keep it from solving the problem compleatly.