Fossils behind TC

Every fossil is obtainable from tc, which is fine. However, tc isn’t a good place to just lock every fossil behind it. I feel like fossils can deffo use more places, like how dome is in CC, cover is in SA, helix is in ShS, Old Amber in Skylift, and jaw is in DDD.

I personally feel that with cradily being already significant in RD, I feel like it would make sense for the root fossil to be either in the end room and SR room box.
Skull fossil could also use a location in DT (Deserted Tomb) as cranidos and rampardos is already there as a unrecruitable pokemon.

Many people will probably disagree and that’s fine; I’m not saying my opinion Is objective—just, as It stands now fossils remain one of the few Items that actually feel rare and aren’t gotten In abundance. People seem to “hate” TC because “rng bad!!!” but you can’t really rush It, which Is amazing In terms of scarcity of Items. I feel like these are the types of dungeons we need to keep Items rare. So many TC exclusive Items are so rare because of this and yeah It’s annoying but something about It feels really nice. I like that Items there aren’t completely worthless. They shouldn’t ALL be locked to TC but I’m a fan of how TC keeps the availability of those Items low.

It’s Important to note that even with the release of Shimmering, DD’s existence and also Sentimental Aquifer, their respective fossils are still rare. Even Jaw Fossil has gone back Into scarcity. Part of that Is because all of those dungeons are long compared to Crystal Ruins and Skylift ( and tbh I rarely find Old Ambers too. Then again I never go out of my way to get them necessarily ). Dome Fossils are probably the least expensive. CR actually has a lot of good things In It and many people will have farmed It for Regice’s Slate or Absol among other things. Anyway because the aforementioned 3 dungeons are so long I still don’t really see them spammed for the fossils and there’s probs lots of Items.

Having these other fossils In dungeons could be fine, especially If they aren’t floor spawns. But I wanted to express the worry of not having them be too common. Given I said all I did, It shouldn’t be too big of an Issue. There’s the argument that this would make TC less relevant ( unless you want to torture yourself ), but there’s probably plans to get rid of It or something, which would be tragic as It’s the only permanent dungeon you can’t bring Items without resetting your level to 1 or restricting level.

1 Like

as someone who has hunted dome and cover fossils to sell I find I get them about once every other run, meanwhile I have never found an old amber in skylift, and I’ve ran it with t specs a fair amount of times, just and while I haven’t personally hunted tc fossils I’ve heard people say they have about a 1/4 chance of being in the box. just adding the info incase it’s helpful.

If other fossils had to be outside of tc…

Anorith’s fossil could maybe be in Rocky Shoreline. Anorith did live in oceans, and this is an ocean themed dungeon that doesn’t have a fossil yet.

Sheildon’s fossil could probably be in Tanren Mines. You could find a Iron Silk in there from the chambers, and there are some steel types in the dungeon.

Archen’s fossil is tough… Archeops doesn’t appear as an enemy in any dungeons. With Aerodactyl’s fossil already occupying Skylift… the other dungeon with flying being the most common type is stormhold… yikes.

Amaura’s fossil could definitely go into Iceberg Adrift. Amaura lived in very cold climates.

I agree with Lileep being in RD and Cranidos being in DT. I think those two dungeons would be fitting for them.