Four Thousand Years...

YEP, GUYS. ANOTHER SONGFIC~

…Yeah. This is a fail songfic and I’d love opinions and other stuff~

Anyways. I DO NOT OWN ANY CHINESE OR JAPANESE PEOPLE. NOT EVEN A WOK-YIELDING GUY WITH A PONYTAIL. THANK YOU. <3

I ALSO DO NOT OWN ANY "ARU"S. OR ANY RISING SUNS. OR ANY CHILD-FOUND-WITHIN-A-BAMBOO-FOREST.

Also yes, this is a Hetalia fic, but just because it’s Hetalia doesn’t mean you shouldn’t read it. ;A;

Contains death and a little violence.

[hr][/hr]

[b]Four Thousand Years[/b]

[b][i]Since the beginning of the heavens and earth, countless soldiers
Spun history by overlapping their lives, aru.

On the banks of the Yangtze, there is a single caged dove.
In front of the Great Wall, the sun “rises” again, aru![/i][/b]

[i]A man of about 25 stood on a building in the Great Wall, a child of about 10 beside him.Â

“This, Kiku…” the man, who had chocolate brown eyes and brown hair tied into a ponytail, said, “is the view of the Great Wall. The rising sun is over there, aru…”

The child, who had brown eyes a deeper shade than the man"s and raven-black short hair, looked at the view. “Yao-san… the view is very pretty! Are we going to stay here?” he asked, leaning on the stone railing of the building as he looked down at the hills and faraway forests.

“No… But we are going to return here to meditate, aru,” the man replied, smiling at the child"s enthusiasm.Â

The black-haired boy grinned. “Yay!”[/i]

~*~

A man with brown hair tied into a ponytail and brown eyes stood on a building in the Great Wall, leaning on the stone railing as the wind softly blew against his face. He watched as the sun began to rise.Â

“Aiyah,” he sighed, “that memory was from so long ago…”

The man, Yao, stared at the horizon. Hills and faraway forests was all he could see… just like the view back then. The sky was slowly painted a light blue as the sun continued its journey through the sky.

“Hello, sun, aru,” he greeted, smiling at the enormous star. “How was your journey through the world? Was it fun, aru?”

As of a response from the sun, a beam of sunlight shone on his face, but he was not fazed. “I take that as a yes, aru.” Yao said, laughing.

Slowly, his mind wandered to the past…

Selfishly, I think of the past – how nostalgic, aru…
How are you? My body hurts all over, aru.
I will even make new sweets, aru.

[i]“Brother! I am home, aru!”

A man with brown hair and brown eyes opened the door. He was immediately greeted by a tacklehug from his younger brother.

The man carried a sword, indicating he had got home from a fight. The sword even had a little bit of blood in it.

“Big brother, how are you?” the smaller brother asked as he held his bigger brother"s hand as they walked through the hallway of the house.

“My body hurts all over, but I am okay, aru,” the man replied, smiling at his younger sibling, “I am going to make candy today, aru.”

The younger brother jumped in joy. “Yay! Candyyyy!”

The man laughed.

~*~

“Shaoqing!” the man shouted, running towards the house. “Shaoqing, aru!”

When the man finally reached the house, he saw his little brother, lying on the floor in a pool of blood. “No…” he whispered, standing in the doorway, staring at the corpse. “No, no no no, aru…”

He walked to the corpse, then bent down, lifting the blood-soaked body. There was a hole in the side of his stomach.

“Shaoqing…” he whispered again.

“…AIYAH! I won"t let this happen again, aru!” he shouted, then stood up, swiftly picking up the sword from his scabbard, running out of the house.[/i]

[b]When I wake up, I cannot be beaten, aru!
As brave as a lion
My state of selflessness is dyed red, aru.
Depend on me at any time
Ai yaa yaa…
[/b]

The child I found that day within the bamboo
I raised him to be sturdy and strong, aru!

[i]A few days later, the man walked through a bamboo forest, his sword covered in blood again. He didn"t mind. He didn"t care whoever saw, the only thing he cared about was to avenge his brother.

“Aiyah,” he hissed angrily, “they"ll think better than to kill my brother next time…!”

Suddenly, he heard a whimper from somewhere. The man perked up, then looked around. There, standing next to a bamboo tree, was a boy, with raven-black hair. His eyes were a darker shade of brown. He was crying, too.

“Huh? What are you doing here, all alone, aru?” the man asked the boy.Â

The boy looked up, sobbing. “My parents were killed…”

The man"s heart cracked. “…Come with me. My brother was killed too, aru,” he said, holding out a hand for the boy to hold.

Hesitantly, the black-haired boy took the hand, then smiled. “Are we going to your house?” he asked.

The man nodded. “We"re going to live there, aru. I"ll teach you how to defend yourself, so we can hunt.”

The boy said a small “oh” and walked on. They looked like younger brother and older brother…[/i]

Do you remember the moon we gazed at together, aru?
Good evening! The rabbit is pounding medicine, aru.
This sky extends to the ends of the earth, aru.

Yao smiled at the memory. It was the day he discovered Kiku, his younger “brother”. The wind blew against his face again; the sun was nearly halfway in the sky.

~*~

[i]“Kiku! Come here, aru!” the man called.

Immediately, a boy with black hair and brown eyes stepped out of the house and into the night sky. He stared at the cold, yet beautiful blanket of the night as it sparkled with stars.Â

The man then told Kiku to look at the east, where the moon hung brightly. Kiku gawked. “Yao-san! It"s so pretty!~” he exclaimed, not tearing his gaze off the moon as he slowly sat down on a log.

The brown-haired man laughed and sat beside him. “This is the first non-cloudy night in months,” he said, looking at the pearlescent moon. “I missed gazing at the sky, aru.”

“Really? This is the first time I"ve seen the moon. The only time I"ve seen the night sky was when the moon wasn"t out,” Kiku said sadly, then perked up, “but at least I finally saw it!”

The man chuckled. “You"re lucky, then, aru.”

Silence stood between the two, until Kiku decided to break it. “Yao-san?”

“Hmm?”

“How big enough is the sky?”

The man sighed. “Kiku, the sky extends to the ends of the earth, aru.”[/i]

[b]The wind runs through this vast land
Proudly, like a dragon
The star that is suspended on the red is flown high
And shines on us, aru
Ai yaa yaa…
[/b]

In the grief of this unending world
Why is it that people fight, aru!
Regardless of the injury, the day it will heal will come, aru.
Leave everything to me!
Ai yaa yaa…

[i]“B-But, Yao-san! If you leave for battle, I might get killed here, like Shaoqing!”

The man turned to look at Kiku, one hand on scabbard of his sword. “No. They won"t, aru.”

“Why are you so sure?” Kiku asked, flailing his hands.

“I already taught those soldiers what would happen to them when they try to kill someone I care for. They won"t kill you, aru.”

Kiku"s eyes were filled with uncertain. “Are you really sure…?” he asked.

The man nodded affectionately. “Trust me. I never lie to you, do I?”

Kiku stared at him for a while, before nodding, tears brimming in his eyes, then he hugged the man. “Don"t die, okay?”

The man nodded. “I won"t.”

~*~

It had been three days, and the man was returning from the battle. His outfit was torn, and there was a long scar down his back.

“Kiku, I"m home!” he shouted, opening the door.

To his great relief, Kiku ran up and hugged him. “Yao-san, you were right! I didn"t get killed!”

The man smiled. “Though, I have a scar down my back… the day will come when the injury will heal, aru,” he said, smiling.

Kiku"s eyes were full of worry, but he knew the scar would heal.[/i] Yao always tells the truth,[i] Kiku thought.

The man flashed a smile at Kiku. “Now, come, we need to cook our food. Did you hunt lots of animals?” he asked.

Kiku nodded enthusiastically.[/i]

~*~

Yao smiled once again. The scar was still on his back, though it didn"t hurt anymore. And to think, four thousand years of history would lead me to this. Kiku has grown a lot… he thought, remembering the past. He watched as the sun began to set. I spent the whole day here…

He kept standing on the Great Wall, watching the moon. It brought back the memory… and he only wanted to say one thing to Japan, also known as Kiku…:

[b]“Even if our countries are different,
If our words are different,
If our characters are different,
I always want to… gaze at the same moon as you.”
[/b]

[hr][/hr]

HOLY MUFFIN

THIS WAS SO HARD TO MAKE CHDJNSJAKCK.

So… Opinions, please. c: I’d appreciate them~

So, yeah, Hetalia fans. My headcanon is that China has a human brother, who died.

The song is named “Aiyah, Four Thousand Years” by China~

ALSO DARNIT THIS IS SO SHORT CRIES.

EDIT:
Hetalia fans, young Kiku is incredibly OOC I’m sorry sobs. I hope China’s not OOC, though c:

[s]Did I mention this was the first fanfic I did with actual canon characters and no OCs at all

Oh wait Shaoqing is a minor OC nvm sobs[/s]

…Touching. Beautiful. Although I have absolutely no idea what Hetalia is about, I understood this perfectly. Thank you for making such a wonderful fanfic. Also, I hope this question isn’t stupid, but what does “aru” mean?

Aru is just the stupid word China adds after EVERY SENTENCE HE DOES ASDF word China says after some, if not all, the sentences he says. :3

AND THANKS OMG ;U;

/hugs/

EDIT:
China is Yao BTW. I might make a sequel with Japan’s point of view~ :'3

Oh, thanks for clarifying. :joy: /hugs/