Gen 8 Move set

Hello, Solemn here.
So after reading a bit, I heard that the reason that Gen8 Moves are yet implemented is because it really messed up a lot of Pokemon moves set in general. So I have an Idea for this that might help; it might increase the size of the game, but the coding will also be less complicated. (of course this would also means the dev will have to work twice for each pokemon).

So here’s my idea:
A separated Move Tutor (Exclusive Tutor) that will teach you Gen 8 Move Set.
This will give players an option to go between Electivire which teaches Gen 7 below, while this new NPC will taught you Gen 8 Set.

With that, I wish all the Game Developer new year and best of luck in Developing the game!

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion! We’ll definitely have to see how we adjust to gen 8 movesets - we’ve gotten all sorts of great ideas on how to do it!

Your suggestion definitely has its advantages - it offers a way to give Pokemon access to both without compromising either learnset. There’s likely still some questions that would have to be answered though - especially if a similar situation happens to movesets and Pokemon in generation 9 and beyond (would we have to add another tutor every time this happens?). It’s definitely not an easy question to answer, although hopefully we can find some way of addressing the issue in the near future! - Turt

1 Like

We just have to pray that Gen 9 move set is just an improvement from Gen 8, like addition and adjustment of the level without removing preexisting one… If its not the case, then… ugh.

But if its an improvement kind just like how Gen 1-7 move set (which did not altered the move set completely) then this new NPC can simply take care of the Gen 8+ while Electivire is Gen 7 below.

So let’s hope Gamefreak didn’t make it worse.
That’s aside, once again, I wish the Developer team all the best in making PMU even better!

2 Likes