General improvements to the housing system and Map Editor

I’ve been thinking about the housing system and map editor for a while now. What makes a map “complete”? What would allow players to create even better house maps? And so I’ve thought about a few things, which may or may not be convenient/possible to implement. Most of these already exist, it’s just a matter of making it accessible to players creating their house map. While I’m aware staff has a lot of more important things to do, consider these quality of life ideas:

Tile Attributes

• Water tiles
  • Lava tiles
  • Warp tiles*
    (Bonus points: inter-house warp tiles, to allow for larger house shops or town-like submaps. These would be limited to house maps, and to set it to someone else’s map they would have to also set a warp directed at your house.)
  • Other interactive tiles*
    Storage Kangaskhan, Chimecho, Team healing beds)

The next point includes things that might be a lot more work than they are worth, but please do check it out.

Non-Playable Characters
This is the keystone that makes a map feel “alive”. What is a town without townspeople? What is a shop without shopkeepers?

• The ability to place, and manage NPCs.*
    (with a limit on how many NPCs you can have on a single map, so as to not cause server lag)

• Dialogue*

• Shop NPCs*
    (Functions like shop tiles: Talk to the NPC, give it items, set a price for each item (of course paying half the price you want to sell for), and then talk to the NPC again to obtain your money after the trade. It would help with larger houseshops or single items that you don’t necessarily want to make a shop tile for.)

*Points with an asterisk would cost Poké to use.

And that’s all I have to suggest. Thanks for reading :>

people have been begging for these since the beginning sadly its out of their hands ( not enough people to work on it ) but i love how you summarized them all down making it easy to follow if it ever becomes possible :eeveejoy:

2 Likes