GuildMaster Rank Feature - Change House to PvP Zone(Arena)

PVP in PMU is dead and the only feature that kept PVP alive was Arenas, mainly Exbel Arena. Exbel Arena use to make people have incentives to train to level 100 and to host PVP tournaments and these days … those people and tournaments are gone. With PVP being dead, a good part of the game’s entertainment is missing. I believe having a “house arena” can bring PVP in this game back alive.

A “house arena” is basically having the ability to change your house into a danger zone or in other terms an arena.

Here are the reasons why I believe “house arenas” can revive PvP in this game:

• Players are able to create creative maps to play with their friends making pvp a bit more friendly (without interruption )

• Players can host tournaments without trolls (If a troll shows up use /kickplayer) and have more of incentive to do because they are creating the houses.

And to a lesser extent:

• Trap items (Like Gust/Shocker/Slumber/Spin Trap) and Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock can be usable in houses

• I believe making creative maps with a danger zone creates alot of roleplaying options as well. Players can reenact famous boss battles like Dusknoir/Sableye vs You/Partner/Grovyle. Possibly also reviving RolePlaying.

But why are people not using the arena anymore compared to a few years ago? Modern items in PMU that were intended for dungeon purposes (PvE) such as Globes/Crystals (to a lesser extend Bands/Plates/Rocks) as well as other items affected the arena in a negative way. A grass type’s fire weakness is gone, Have the ability speed boost? Well now everyone can have speed boost now. It’s like playing pokemon showdown and every pokemon has the ability speed boost and one of their weaknesses is taken away, that ain’t fun. So I think it’s really important if this feature was implemented, items shouldn’t be usable in these “house arenas.”

(A few years back a staff member made their house a danger zone when there was a tournament being hosted in arena. This wouldn’t be entirely difficult to implement since it’s already a feature used before.)

There’s a lot of other possibilities with “house arenas” that I haven’t even mentioned here and I haven’t even begun to talk about how GuildMaster Rank doesn’t have a good achievement for reaching such a milestone. So why not hit two birds with one stone?

Tell me what you guys think

Oh boy… Here comes the Shadow Storm.

I feel the opposite. While creating your arena would be cool, I think that the only ones who would use it would be friends and possibly guild members. We already have the suggestion of having a guild house for guilds, so if the guild wanted to do a PvP, why not have that house there?

However…

This idea does have its merits. Having trolls interfere with tournaments have had trouble in the past. However, why use /kickplayer when another option could be having certain players only allowed to enter? That way, only people you expect could enter the tournament and not some random spectator.

I laughed at this one. Mostly because I feel there would be more trolls than friendly maps made.

This though, I feel, would be more difficult to pull off. I don’t know about this much, but when placing down traps, I believe it only affects NPCs. Players who step on these traps, regardless of who it is, wouldn’t activate it. Moreover, I feel it contradicts your statement…

It would be all items, held items, or no items. It would take a bit of programming to make it so Type and Family related items would be disabled. Maybe an option to have a toggle of turning on/off items could be put in.

Though, I’m quite fond of this idea.

Overall, it’s an okay idea. I don’t see it creating too much of an impact though because PvP has been dead for a while and hasn’t seen any resurgence since. However, I don’t see this idea causing the PvP scene to make a return since it seems limited, especially since people might not go to someone’s house just to fight.

honestly pvp is fine as it is pmu just has less players in general then its 150+ online daily days imo

1 Like

Not just that, but the players who cared about PvP either left or lost interest. Also…

Right, all the players who used the arena for PvP all left and the arena hasn’t been used since. My suggestion, other than giving guildmaster rank a fair feature, is to try to attract players to play PvP through this feature.

I do contradict myself wanting no items, but wanting trap items to be used. Trap moves/items don’t have any uses in PMU, but if there was someway to not restrict them that would cool. If another player steps on a trap that isn’t part of your party, it activates.

1 Like

House arena would be cool. People would be able to make some interesting maps I bet. Also good for tourney hosting. I don’t think it’d revive PvP if I’m being honest, majority of the people who really cared got banned but you never know.

1 Like

heres a better idea i think
a player arena design competition where winners arena gets made into pvp arena ta daaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Then watch as seldom to none ever use it because they forget one week later who won the competition. Not to mention that, if someone has a name that’s not really easy to type, they wouldn’t really go to their house to PvP in the first place. It’s a good idea when attracting attention, but once the event’s over, then everything just settles back to normal and doesn’t make a long-term effect.

i meant a contest to make the next arena not house arenas but ye

1 Like