Harmonic Tower: New Music Items

Hello! As behalf of the Discord conversation, I’m here to present y’all a thread on updating HT’s endboxes with new music items.

Harmonic Tower has always been an interesting dungeon, with its notable rewards being its endbox instruments. However, over the last 9 years or so, the endbox rewards haven’t changed at all. This, in itself, is both impressive and disappointing.

With the renewal of the mission system, there will be more people running HT, but mostly for the missions. However, it was brought up in discussion that the endbox items could use a little bit of a renewal.

Here’s the proposal for the community to contribute to, and the staff to consider:

• Move Harmonic Tower’s endbox rewards (Fiery Drum, Icy Flute, Terra Cymbal, Sky Melodica, Grass Coronet, Icy Flute, Music Box, Aqua Monica) to Ludicolo’s Event Tokens shop.
  • Replace Harmonic Tower’s endbox rewards with something fresh and interesting to encourage even more runs of this admittedly older dungeon.

As a personal note, I’d suggest replacing the 8 classical instruments with 1 multi-music (like the Heart of Emotions) item for each generation released so far. I can’t think of names at the moment, but you can all feel free to suggest.

I totally agree on adding newer rewards to Harmonic Tower. It has been 9 years, after all. The dungeon is an amazing concept, but due to people owning all the rewards for a longer time now it doesn’t feel as rewarding to run anymore. Removing the current endrewards seems okay to me as well, but that comes from someone who already owns them.

As for Harmonic Tower rewards, I would like to suggest something else to be added as well. I think Meloetta would make a great addition to HT, as it is fits the theme of the dungeon. Does anyone else also think so? It could be made a honey spawn in the secret rooms below bagon’s secret room. The reward would be the Meloetta Heart Slate, obviously.

Anyway, great idea tbh.

2 Likes

I fully support this idea! Harmonic Tower is in need of new, refreshing items and more music items are always welcome in PMU imo. Let’s give people new incentives to run this dungeon!

Personally, I would find it very cool to see a music item for every generation of Pokémon (sort of like Kecleon described in the OP), that plays that region’s music, ideally the music that plays at a significant landmark (Big towers, high places, large buildings, this fits the theme of Harmonic Tower!)

My suggestions:

Gen 1 R/B/Y Pokemon Mansion (FRLG Version)
Item: Key-shaped Flute
Description: “This strangely shaped flute emits the sounds of science. It seems slightly charred though…”

Gen 2 G/S/C Sprout Tower (HGSS Version)
Item: Sprout Gong
Description: “An ancient gong that beats out a calm and steady rhythm, helping you find inner peace.”

Gen 3 R/S/E Sky Pillar (ORAS Version)
Item: Primal Organ
Description: “This organ emits a powerful sound that tells a centuries-old tale.”

Pokemon Colosseum/XD Realgam Tower
Item: Glass Flute
Description: “Be careful not to break this musical ornament! It plays a relaxing, inspiring tune.”

Gen 4 D/P Mt. Coronet
Item: Glacial Chime
Description: “This tune reminds you of a mysterious, freezing cold place.”

Gen 5 B/W N’s Castle
Item: Symphony of Sabotage
Description: “An eerie but magnificent sound of wrongful willpower.”

Gen 6 X/Y Tower of Mastery
Item: Pendant of Mastery
Description: “This pendant plays a tune that stimulates further awakenings within you.”

Gen 7 S/M Mahalo Trail
Item: Jar of Stardust
Description: “This jar emits a soothing melody that reminds you of a peaceful walk in the summer breeze.”

This was all I could think of! I tried my best to think of names and descriptions that fit these soundtracks well. (I have no clue about gen 8 so I left it out for now). Let me know if you have better suggestions or additional tracks that could be used!

4 Likes

I can definitely see the merit in swapping out HT’s rewards, though I don’t think there’s much I can say on the topic that hasn’t already been said.

Wish I had spare votes to hand out.