Have Fairies, Psychics, and Electric token items work for their respective Terrains

Terrains are equivalent to weather and I think should be utilized more in Pokemon Mystery Universe as such, they are underused and underutilized in my opinion and I think it’s a tragedy.
My main argument is as the title states, make the elemental token items for Fairies, Psychics, and Electrics their respective terrains.
Fairies is sunny which is a bit odd, and psychics and electrics don’t make a lot of sense either, I mean they make more sense without terrain moves, as they didn’t exist when they were first made, but I think the conversion is the most logical course of action.
Rocks or other held items that manipulate terrain is also something I’d like to see in future and I can make a seperate post if people are interested but that is not the main part of this post.
As for Grass Terrain, sunny weather makes a lot more sense for grass than it does for Fairy, and the other previously mentioned types, but I wouldn’t be opposed to switching to grassy terrain for grass types either, since it won’t conflict with Grass family items or Cloraphill since terrain and weather can co-exist, this is also the case for pre-existing Fairy, Electric, and Psychic family items, although those could reasonably be changed over time, let’s start with the elemental token items.
Overall I think this will make for some more interesting playstyles around the mention types and overall enhance gameplay to include relatively new moves, please let me know what you think!

Reviving a possible dead topic but I like of the idea of changing the Gems/Crystals to those types. I think the idea of making them rely on the terrains would be cool but maybe this change could be tested whenever we get Gen 8 learnsets since they are TMs there.

2 Likes