Help! I can't get the Map Editor Open!

:cry: Hey guys, I’m Quookiez…

( :la: :joy: cue celebration for remembering ingame name without having to open client :joy: :la: )

I installed the client and Map Editor about two days ago. I’m running on Windows 8.1 (I wish I could downgrade, 8.1 sucks.)

The client works beautifully! No issues or lag or downtime at all! :) However, upon double-clicking to open the Map Editor/Maker…

I get the normal loading screen ( “Checking for Updates” ) for about 10 seconds…then I get "PMU Map Editor has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.) However, I already re-installed the Map Editor 6 times, restarted my computer over and over, disabled my firewall/virus protection temporarily, tried a different user…so on and so forth. However, even upon doing so, I still have no luck with loading the Map Editor.

Is Windows 8.1 incompatible? I tried compatability mode and have all of the correct runtime packages and everything in between…help! :(

Hello, Quookiez!

I don’t think the Map Editor has been updated in the near future. Honestly, it’s pretty outdated. You can use your in-game house to make pretty maps, though! :P

(If you’re interested …)

Your house is located in the Grassroot, or the Housing Center, of any town. A ladder / staircase / root downwards will give you a menu that lets you travel to other people’s houses or your own.

/edithouse will allow you to map in your house.

If you’re interested in more commands and/or have any questions regarding your in-game house, I’d be more than happy to get back to you. c:

Oh, okay, thank you anyway… :’:

Is my house supposed to be…ultra teeny-tiny…? :(

Yeah. Houses at first are pretty tiny. :c

You can use Poke to expand your house to a maximum of 50x50, though. Alternatively, house expansions are a prize for the Bi-Annual mapping contest.

House | P.MysteryUniverse Wiki | Fandom <- More info on house commands.

The Map Editor is being phased out if I recall. Development is currently focused on the Client.

Expanding a house to a full 50x50 requires 1,125,000 Poke`. Though, it doesn’t have to be all at once. You can expand your house tile by tile starting at Gold Rank.

Ah, I have the same issue with this and the music player. Oh well… I was looking forward to using those ;.;