Hitori Kakurenbo ; Lila's first creepypasta

Yep, my very first creepypasta. Well, let’s start, I guess…

[hr][/hr]

Hitori Kakurenbo
Hide and Seek by Yourself
“If you can find me, you can have my body.”

You looked at the objects in front of you, lying lifeless on the desk. These were the items you need to play the so-called “Hitori Kakurenbo,” which translated to Hide and Seek by Yourself. It was an old game the Japanese and Korean use to contact the dead. You wanted to laugh at the idea; how can the dead play hide and seek?

You turned your attention back to the itemsーa teddy bear, a pack of rice, a crimson thread, a clipping from your fingernail, a pencil, a spoonful of salt inside a small bowl, a cup of water, and a needle. Beside them lay your laptop, where you kept looking at to remember the procedures to play the game. So, rip open a hole in the teddy bear. You looked at the white stuffed toy to see the crevice in its stomach, where the stuffing was hidden. Check. Next, you replace the stuffing with rice. With a sigh, you spread open the hole, pulled out the stuffing, then stuffed rice in the once-hollow teddy bear. Check. Since you already read the next step, you took out the needle, then began to sew back the hole. Next, you have to tie the red thread around the stuffed toy, which you already did. You looked at the clock. 2:50 A.M. Well, time to hurry.

You walked over to your bathroom, where you filled the bathtub to the brim with water. Next, you walked around your house, trying to find a good place to hide. You decided you’d just hide in the closet. Then, you walked back to your desk and mixed the salt with water. You looked at the clock once again. 2:59 A.M. You figured you’d have to give the teddy bear a name, since that’s what the instructions said. So you just named it Cuddles.

Then you picked up the teddy bear, then walked back to the bathroom, where you held it above the filled bathtub. At exactly 3:00, you closed your eyes and said “First tagger is Cuddles!” three times, then dropped it in the tub. Then you closed all the lights in your house, even your laptop. The TV you left on. You then grabbed your pencil, then counted to 10.

After doing so, you went over to the bathroom and said, “I found you, Cuddles!” Then you stabbed the stuffed toy with the pencil. You closed your eyes again and said three times, “Now Cuddles is it!”

You placed your pencil next to the doll, then ran to get your saltwater and to get to your hiding place. You went to your room, locked the door, then hid in the closet. You drank from the cup of saltwater, but didn’t swallow it nor spit it out.

Silence rang in the house for a moment or two, but then you heard the static coming from the TV. How was that possible? You left the TV in a not-so-loud volume before you tagged Cuddles, and you shouldn’t be able to hear the TV from way up here either. You heard the static for a long time, until a sudden knock came on your door.

You nearly jumped.

The knock repeated itself for 10 times, before fading away. You suddenly turned nervous. You didn’t know this would work…! Suddenly, the TV turned off. You wanted to sigh with relief, but then remembered you shouldn’t say a thing, nor make a sound; besides, the saltwater was still in your mouth.

Then the TV turned onーthis time with sound.

You mentally freaked out. What am I going to do, what am I going to do?! you thought, full panic mode. The TV was switching channels over and over. The channels seemed to say one word before switching to another channel, which said another word and so on. The TV seemed to be talking.

Your eyes widened in fear when you realized what it was saying:

“Where”
“are”
“you?”

Then the channel changed. You heard a girl laughing in a twisted way before it changed again.

“Are”
“you”
“here?”

You stolen heard a scratching on the door. You were scared out of your wits. The TV said something again.

“I”
“know”
“you’re”
“there. . . .”

You wanted to cry. Another sentence came from the TV, but it wasn’t one word per channel this time. It was a full sentence from one channel.

“COME OUT!”

It seemed to come from a drama show, but you weren’t sure. It sounded like a woman screaming, and the thought of that made you want to end this quickly. Yet another sentence.

“I”
“guess”
“you’re”
“not”
“here. . . .”

Then the TV turned off. You were so scared, you didn’t want to move an inch. You took out your knife where you would slash the teddy bear to pieces as the instructions said, but it made a sudden clink against the glass of saltwater.

The TV turned on again, almost immediately.

“What”
“was”
“that”
“sound?”

The TV turned off. You clutched the knife in your hand, careful not to injure yourself with it and stayed still. You didn’t move an inch, nor said a sound, but the TV turned on again and said one word enough to make you scream.

“HEY!”

With that, the TV didn’t turn off and the static from before came again. And this time, with the static noise:

“I”
“know”
“you”
“are”
“there. . . .”

“I’ll”
“find”
“you!”

You were very scared now, but you figured you’re safe for now since it said it’ll find you. So, knife in hand, saltwater in mouth, and remaining cup of saltwater in the other hand, you ran out the closet, then noticed the TV off when you came out. Before you hid in the closet, the TV was on. You shuddered.

You finally reached the bathroom door and hesitantly opened it, then turned on the light.

And the teddy bear was on the floor with the pencil you stabbed it with.

You swore you left the stuffed toy inside the bathtub, but apparently, the soaked toy looked as if it just clambered out of the tub. The pencil was thrown across the floor. . . .

You winced in fear, then, acting quickly, you spit out the saltwater on the stuffed toy, then poured the remaining saltwater on it. With fear in your voice, you said, “I win! I win! I win!” then ran out and turned on every lightbulb in your house, grabbing a lighter on your way. You ran back to the bathroom and grabbed the teddy bear, threw it outside into your yard, then lit the stuffed toy.

Remembering the notes about the game, you sprinkled salt in every corner of your house, then stared in fear at the burning stuffed toy in your front yard.

You then walked back inside, then looked at the clock. It was pointing at 3:10 A.M. Your mouth opened in bewilderment. All of that combined… in only 10 minutes?

You sighed, then went to your bedroom to sleep. You never wanted to do something like that. . . . ever.

About an hour after you went to sleep, the TV flickered to life, switching channels once again, forming a single sentence.

“I’ll”
“find”
“you”
“next”
“time”

[hr][/hr]

Well, that’s it! My god, making this was hard… Well, it’s my first creepypasta anyways, even though it doesn’t really look like one! XD

Opinions, please!~

Ah, I’ve heard of this story. But you said the TV part wrong. The part is supposed to be like this (As the story truly goes.)

[i]The TV flickered on, it was a news channel, and the same news host was there, but he wasn’t holding paper, rather, he was holding a butcher knife.

“Good night! This is the Midnight news of Death!” The voice was different, the host was going mental.

“Now! Here are the people who will die.” He clattered a long list of names as he “read” the butcher knife, then the host said words which scared you to pieces:

“… And the idiot who is playing Hide and Seek Alone.” He then started laughing. Then the TV turned off.[/i]

Also, you got the last part partially wrong. It’s good, but a slight bit wrong.

You started to feel pain, but tried your best not to scream, you looked on the spot which was in pain, the pencil was there, partially bore down into your skin, and guess what, so was the Teddy Bear. Smiling mentally, looking down, as if staring into your soul. You stab it, and say “Tag!” then spit saltwater on it before it could ever move again. You then exclaimed “I win! I win!”

Next to all of those mistakes, this is a very good story. Have Fun… in the Night~

So I DID have mistakes. xD So that’s why I was so uneasy when I posted this! o3o

Other than that, thanks for the corrections! :3

AMG dat almost scared me to death .A. 8ut was a good shivering story xxxxD great workz lila~ i guess i shuld watch out for kumajiro then… <.< >.>

Nice job, Lila! For a first creepypasta, you did very good! Just curious, are you going to try another one anytime soon?

Thanks! XD

Hmm… Depends. If I find anything scary to inspire me, lol… And thanks! x3

Dear God Lila this scared me out of my wits! xDD
Probably doesn’t help that I’m sat here at 2:30AM reading it…
I was just reading but when I read the "The TV turned on again, almost immediately.

“What”
“was”
“that”
“sound?”"
It sent a chill down my spine! This was awesomeee… I want moooar! :'D Great job Lila! It’s not often creepypasta freaks me out. And I’ve read some messed up stuff! xDD
Keep up the good work~!

2:30 A.M.? Bro go get the items you need to play Hitori Kakurenbo and PLAY IT. /shot/
But then again I’d never play this myself because I’m a huge chicken.

Anyways, thanks! Lila-chan did not know her first creepypasta would be this good! oAo

2:30 A.M.? Bro go get the items you need to play Hitori Kakurenbo and PLAY IT. /shot/
But then again I’d never play this myself because I’m a huge chicken.

Anyways, thanks! Lila-chan did not know her first creepypasta would be this good! oAo[/quote]

PFFT LOL SURE. After all. YOLO 8’D runs off to play

Is never seen again
/shot
xDD yes. It was brilliant. Keep it up! OwO and good to speak to you again Lila, long time no see x3