HM replacements

Nobody has talked about removing HM’s for a while so I’ve decided it’s time to complain about them again.
While HM’s make sense as a way to bypass obstacles, I think a better method does need implemented at some point. It can get very tedious to have to go to the assembly and switch to a mon with the HM before going to the dungeon and maybe being able to swap it back for an actual team member, just having an item or something to do that would be nice, it doesn’t even need to be early game just not having to deal with them at some point would be useful, especially fly.

Yes!! This is something that I always thought was very annoying. It would be awesome if instead of a physical item that you need an HM to remove there was an NPC or even an invisible wall that told you to complete the dungeons that reward the HMs needed to pass. You could still do the dungeons if you are planning on using the HMs since some of them are good (like Surf) but you wouldn’t be required to have a Pokemon solely for accessing other parts of the game. It’s even worse when there is no Chimecho to get rid of that Pokemon before a dungeon that you want to challenge.

1 Like

Tbh I kinda wish HMs worked the way they do on rescue team.
For example, on rescue team you can only go to some dungeons if you either hold the hm in your bag or have someone in your party know the move, so here instead of being able to enter X dungeon it would be just perform the action of the hm at the cost of one inventory slot.

2 Likes

I agree! If we could just press f to “use” the relevant hm instead of needing to constantly be switching our hm pokemon in and out of our teams i think the flow of the game would be a ton smoother!