House Expansion Direction

So uh.
This Is pretty straight forward but It may be hard to explain.

Again, I recently expanded my house, the thought of expanding Is pretty nerve wracking In Itself. I came to the realization before doing It that I wasn’t exactly sure If my height expansion would go up or down or If my width expansion would go left or right. I asked and for future reference, It turns out height expansions will Increase the size downwards and the width expansions will Increase the size to the right. Now, depending on how the player built their house prior to expanding, this can be a major problem…and It was for me :salt: I had to replicate my entire house down at the bottom just to begin mapping the expanded part.

So, with that said, I ask If we can choose which way the expansion goes to prevent having to do what I did. Trust me, this will save lives :pikadab:

Sadly I believe it’s a current technical issue with the current Map Editor, We cannot do it like that either for our maps, at least for the time being, It always expands down and right currently.
Hopefully we can get this sorted in the future!

Clearly however, this fact isn’t explained anywhere currently so I guess we should look into making that Info known so people know that Map Expansion only works this way at this point of time.

3 Likes