How to Central Seafloor Ruins

Rundown

What’s a Seafloor Ruins?

Seafloor Ruins (SFR) aka SuFfer Ruins Is an Archford dungeon that requires Dive. It’s 60 floors long and notorious for having many bosses and long cutscenes. It’s also Impossible to find In the underwater map without looking at a full map of the underwater area. Aside from the dialogue It’s actually not very bad; pearls and Secret Rooms appear like candy

There’s 3 paths you can take:

• Eastern: The only path anyone ever takes. It’s very straightforward; have a key to advance In It on a couple floors
  • West: The one no one does because you need other players; three people to stand on switches
  • Central: What this forum post covers

You must step on a certain tile on floor 20 to uncover stairs In order to enter any of these. Otherwise the regular stairs on 20 take you to a boss and you exit the dungeon with nothing great, not counting It as completed ( and also has the possibility of removing your spawn :bruh: )

Central Seafloor Ruins

To even get to Central SFR, you need to get a Sea Dew from the end boxes of either East or West ( they lead to the same bosses and end rooms ). You use this Sea Dew to open the doors In the puzzle that’s In the floor 20 room

It Is so complicated to get to because through It you can obtain a Phione. In the end boxes of Central, you can get a Wonder Egg. Then you need to find a SR that’s only on floors 51-59, which can also have a different Secret Room so essentially It’s random If you enter the right one

“rofloleggsdee, this Is easy, I’ll just use my Mobile Scarf 4x speed Noiv–”
Sorry, you can only use 1 Pokemon and 3 Items In Central

( and this Is only for Central. You can run Seafloor Ruins Itself before then normally )

How to maybe beat It

Ironically, Noivern may still be the key to It all…

I may not be qualified to try making a guide, but for what Its worth:

101x229

Source: Just trust me bro

What Pokemon to use?

Some are hypotheoretical or suggested from hearing other players’ experiences

Noivern

The big boy. The thing you probably have. The thing I have and used In most of my runs. It’s overrated and overused, but I’d very much justify using It here

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Moonlight, Roost)
  • Semi-Invulnerable move (Fly)
  • Agility
  • Resists Water
  • 535 base stat total
  • Frisk

Cons:

• 4x weak to Ice
    • If you want to use Its family Item It’s too hard to make to risk losing
Altaria

Next to Noivern, the other thing you probably have. Plays similar to Noivern

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Roost, Refresh, Heal Bell)
  • Semi-invulnerable move (Fly)
  • Safeguard
  • Resists Water
  • 490 base stat total, 90 Def and 105 Sp. Def
  • Cloud Nine
  • Natural Cure

Cons:

• 4x weak to Ice
    • Easy to make family Item If you don’t mind risking losing It
  • No Frisk
Gourgeist

Gourgeist Is actually pretty good. It has little cons. Despite still being weak to Ice, If you can get Sunny Day off you won’t be frozen. Ghost-types also cannot be trapped, which Is extremely useful. Being wary of hunger damage the one of the only downsides ( which Is offset anyways with healing )

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Synthesis, Giga Drain)
  • Semi-invulnerable move (Phantom Force)
  • Sunny Day
  • Resists Water
  • 494 base stat total, fatter HP and Def with a bigger form
  • Frisk
  • Pickup
  • Insomnia
  • Ghost-type

Cons:

• 2x weak to Ice
    • No family Item to negate It
  • Ghost-type?
Lumineon

Lumineon Is not something I own but on paper, It sounds viable

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Aqua Ring)
  • Semi-invulnerable move (Bounce)
  • Reliable AoE enemies don’t resist (Silver Wind)
  • Rain Dance
  • Agility
  • Safeguard
  • Resists Ice
  • Storm Drain
  • Swift Swim

Cons:

• 2x weak to Electric
  • No Frisk
Lanturn

Lanturn Is not something I’ve leveled enough to use but on paper, It sounds viable

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Aqua Ring)
  • Semi-invulnerable move (Bounce)
  • Rain Dance
  • Agility
  • Resists Ice
  • Water Absorb
  • Volt Absorb

Cons:

• No Frisk
  • Subpar movepool for this dungeon
Slowbro

Slowbro Is not something I own but on paper, It sounds viable

Pros:

• Non-Rest healing move (Slack Off)
  • Rain Dance
  • Safeguard
  • Grass Knot
  • Resists Ice
  • Resists Water
  • 490 base stat total, 95 HP, 110 Def and 80 Sp. Def
  • Regenerator
  • Own Tempo
  • Light Screen family Item (Slowking’s King Cap)

Cons:

• 2x weak to Electric
  • No Frisk
  • No semi-Invulnerable move

Frisk Is very vital In my opinion. Reviver Seeds and Revives are hidden, as are Big Green Apples and Max Ethers. It’s a lot like TC. I think one will get better results using Frisk vs not using It

I’ve never necessarily liked using Rest unless I’m using something with Hydration, Early Bird, etc. Healing on the spot can be much more useful at times. While Moonlight heals more In sun which appears sometimes In SFR, I’d recommend Roost. Rain and cloudy are far more common especially because of Politoed, which makes Roost more reliable. It removing your Flying type can come In clutch, and It has 2 more PP than Moonlight

Since we can’t bring In all our boosting Items, enemies hit pretty hard. Floors also start with many Pokemon already spawned, so things like Fly and such are recommended to just not be hit at all. It’s especially necessary for Noivern and Altaria due to the abundance of Ice-type moves. You want to be using them a lot of the time you encounter more than 1 Pokemon on a floor, but don’t overdo It and be mindful of possibly getting desynced

Agility only matters when searching for Secret Rooms, and even then It’s not necessary by any means ( Quick Orbs spawn anyways ). I consider having at least two damaging moves to matter more than going fast maybe half the time, since you want to bolt to the stairs

Insomnia for Gourgeist In particular Is nice because Slumber Traps can be a cheap death If It’s around enemies. Own Tempo and Regenerator Is a beautiful combo of Abilities. No worrying about Water Pulse/Psybeam confusion or Spin Traps, and free healing whenever you switch floors

I’d also like to mention my Noivern’s attacking moves ( besides Fly ) are Air Slash and Dark Pulse. I don’t know what people generally use on theirs, but SFR has pretty deep darkness, so Dark Pulse works just fine as an aoe. It always hits and also has a flinch chance. You won’t need an unreliable large aoe if enemies don’t have a big radius of vision

Strategy

Items

There’s not many options In terms of Items, especially If you’re trying to summon Phione, which limits you to only bringing 1 Item to help you since you need a Sea Dew and Wonder Egg on you

If you’re running Central normally, you have the freedom of using all 3 slots for something useful

• Mystery Part: I know It’s cool to say these suck and all but they’re better with the changes to movesets. This allows you to summon a legendary to act as a meat shield, support, or sacrifice. I only have Shaymin and Jirachi In mine–Jirachi can get Refresh or Wish, and Shaymin Aromatherapy. You can theoretically use a Gracidea If Shaymin Is fused too, but I don’t feel It’s worth the 4x Ice weakness
  • Escape Rope: Pretty much bring one If you’re ever taking anything valuable
  • Revival Item: If you’re using Frisk you’ll find plenty, but otherwise dying on the first floor can happen due to bad rng, so
  • Mobile Scarf: I only like to bring one on non-Phione runs to get pearls In the walls. If you’re a kool cid with a Ghost-type In your Mystery Part this can be omitted. It also helps to have on your legendary If you use one to not sacrifice the Belly of your main runner. Monster Houses are popular run-enders, and If It comes down to It equipping the scarf and running to the wall and stairs In a semi-invulnerable state would probably save your life

If using any of the aforementioned Pokemon as a runner, It’s possible to use a Gem/Crystal with a Weather Rock or family Item so long as you bring an Escape Rope. Even with a weather-setting move, Golduck might just clear the weather. If you don’t have Frisk you could also use Treasure Specs. This meshes nicely with using Altaria and Its family Item. With their Ice absorb, the two dragons can get away with surviving off Roost, but Fly Is still good If you get unlucky with revs

I mostly run just using Noivern with a summoned legendary, simply because I know I can’t use these strategies If I’m going In to summon Phione

In-dungeon Items:

• Held Items:
    • Shed Shell Is my preferred because Whirlpool Is all around too annoying and dangerous
    • Persim Band Is good In place of a Shed Shell
    • Scope Lens Is not really worth using
    • Stamina Band can be considered when SR hunting
  • Berries: Cheri and Pecha; pick them up!! Especially If you don’t have any way to cure status otherwise. Yache and Passho ( reduce Ice and Water damage ) are tedious to use but good when you’re on a floor for a long time
  • Orbs:
    • Foe-Hold/Petrify come In handy when there’s one too many Pokemon. Using one gives you a bit more time to react and move before you get blasted with 10 moves at once
    • See-Trap and Quick Orbs are helpful when SR hunting
    • Recycle/Cleanse speak for themselves
  • TM Safeguard: It shows up on 21-40 and can be used for a summoned legendary nicely

Notable enemy Pokemon

• Castform: Sorry Arti Castform sucks. It’s often raining, and It knows Thunder which makes It always hit, and It can hit during Fly too. Of course It has Blizzard and spams that
  • Gastrodon: Generally not a threat, but watch out for Sludge Bomb and Mirror Coat
  • Cloyster: Knows Shell Smash, Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear
  • Omastar: Knows Shell Smash
  • Feraligatr: Knows Ice Punch
  • Floatzel: Knows Ice Fang and Taunt
  • Prinplup/Empoleon: Knows Whirlpool. Seriously, I’m pretty sure half the reason I die Is because of the Immobilization and DoT
  • Crawdaunt: Knows Swords Dance. Can be nasty when paired with Night Slash
  • Lumineon: Knows Attract
  • Quagsire/Sealeo/Walrein/Vaporeon: Knows Ice Beam
  • Poliwrath/Azumarill: Knows Belly Drum
  • Kingler: Knows Guillotine. Also knows Wide Guard. If you get surrounded while one uses It, well…rip

Literally avoid getting hit by anything In general. STAB Water moves In rain hurt

Conclusion

This Is from my own experience, and I’ve done quite a many runs. I see people talk about Central as If It’s Impossible. I don’t think Its that bad, and I’ve never seen anyone talk about ways to beat It, just “omg It sucks don’t do It!!1!”

It’s also…meant to be hard, you know? And this covered ways to beat It with minimal pain. It can probably be beaten with less efficient methods, just a little more difficult. Hopefully my tips can help people decide what they want to use and how they’ll go about running the dungeon. The amount of revives you find through Frisk ( e.g. any at all ) makes SFR feel very easy since you can be more lax. I pretty much only die due to bad rng like traps and Monster Houses or making stupid decisions

4 Likes

What I Typically use for csfr is Excadrill.

I have mine at lv 97, with its main draws being its easy-to-make water absorbing fam item, immunity to being poisoned due to steel typing, and neutrality to ice. Although it does have to rely on rest sadly to recover hp, it can easily plow through the enemies if it is forced to fight. I do also like having Rayquaza alongside it with a smooth rock to activate its Sand Rush.

as someone who shiny hunted phione and someone who honestly thinks central was one of the most fun experiences i had playing this game i feel like throwing my two cents here,

the pokemon i used was gastrdon, for no reason in particular other then being something close to lumion and slowbro that i already had leved to 100, but with shaymins help i never really had any troubles, even getting slumber trapped in the middle of several enemys didnt result in the lost of a rev.

something that this guide kinda fails to mention and i feel is extremly important to know since the it’s literally the only reason i ever lost any of my runs is guillotine!
the kinglers have guillotine and dont think being lv100 is gonna help you, they dont care and will insta kill you, so if ever run this dungeon dont ever, ever,ever stand within 2 tiles of a kingler!

that being said, if you like challenges i highly recommend this dungeon, it’s a lot of fun trying your best with limited resorces :wigglyjoy:

Unfortunately despite doing many runs I can’t remember every move every enemy has, but I will edit It and mention that. I agree It should be mentioned but the reason I probably forgot Is because I don’t think I’ve ever personally died to It

1 Like