How to make Dratini/Gible shiny huntable

This might take some time to implement, but I suggest something kinda like SFR, but say, the last five or so floors of DDD/DS have a chance at having a SR where you can take an item from the end boxes [Maybe a 5% chance for DD and a 10% chance for DS] to summon a recruitable Dratini/Gible?

I disagree, I don’t think RNG should be a factor especially since their non-shiny varients, aren’t. Personally I think they should be 10x the normal amount of respective currency or something, along those lines. I think it would give the players a sense of pride and accomplishment.

3 Likes

The effort needed to grind 10k of a currency is nowhere near comparable to a 5% endbox item, even if its a key to a rare SR, so I too disagree. To answer the question of your thread, the most ideal way would obviously be:

• Impementing Shiny chances for Mystery Eggs
  • Recurring Sparkle Tokens in Events/Auctions

Unfortunately one isn’t possible just yet, while the other is surrounded by controversies. So, doesn’t look like either will happen in the near future at least.

Demetrius’ suggestion to keep the RNG out of the equation and just make the grind a lot longer is something viable too. Someone dedicated enough would probably do it.

Although personally when it comes to shinies I enjoy the excitement of uncertainty a lot more (as long as the odds reflect the effort it takes to grind each attempt). My point? Just wait till shinies in mystery eggs become a thing.

2 Likes

This would render the whole gathering currency redundant… sadly we all have to wait till eggs can be shiny.

This is actually an issue I’ve thought about quite a bit. I think a doable way to get this type of item without devaluing the grind is to add an item into the currency shop that has 10 times (or more/less I’m not sure) that acts as a shiny token for ONLY dratini/gible. It seems like this is a possibility since sparkle token only works with certain species. I guess basically exactly what Demetrius suggested.

I personally would prefer this method as it makes the shiny a grind rather than an RNG - you know what you’re working toward. In general I think shinyable eggs won’t be super satisfying with Dratini/Gible - putting their shiny effort on RNG is the kind of RNG that would completely demotivate me from trying and at a certain level is just kinda unfair lol. I do think RNG has a place with other shinies, just in this case I really can’t say I’m behind the idea.

3 Likes