Impromptu Little Cup PvP tourney (Feb 7, 2021)

Hiya, it’s Seedlings here~

While I do absolutely like the way that the staff have handled recent events to be fairer to varying timezones/schedules and reduce strain on the server, I’ve been kinda missing the camaraderie of those events that got us all in one place at once. To that end I’ve decided to host a little impromptu PvP tourney bracket, just for fun (I don’t really have any sort of prizes set up for this). If this type of thing gets enough attention I’ll probably do more of these in the future.

Anyways, as the title of this thread states, this tourney will be in the Little Cup format. That means first stage Pokemon that can evolve, but have not yet done so - for example, Chikorita. The sole exception to this rule is Scyther, which is banned due to its exceptionally high stat total relative to the other unevolved mons.

On Sunday, I will start taking signups for the bracket and generate it when the tourney begins. The tourney will start at the standard event time of 4 PM Eastern / 1 PM Pacific, unless the staff team host their own event at that time in which case the PvP tourney will begin immediately following the staff’s event.

Participants will assemble a team of three Pokemon fulfilling the Little Cup requirement, which is to occupy slots 2-4 in their team. The same team must be used for every battle but players are allowed to heal up between rounds. During the battle, players may freely switch between any of the three Pokemon in their team (do be careful not to switch to the leader).

A player is eliminated when their team of three Pokemon have all been knocked out. Breaking the tourney rules (listed below) may result in a penalty based on severity/impact, issued at my own discretion. Possible penalties include restarting the battle at a specific point with the offending Pokemon removed from play, or outright disqualification.

The venue for this tourney will be Winden Arena. This arena enforces the following rules:
• All Pokemon that enter are set to level 50.
• No items are allowed inside the arena.
• Stat stages cannot be modified through moves or abilities.

In addition, I’m going to impose a few additional restrictions of my own to hopefully allow for a more fun PvP experience without limiting things too much:
• No Area moves with a radius larger than 2 tiles. Spray and Line moves do not have capped range.
• No 2-turn moves that give you a semi-invulnerable state, for example Fly or Dig.
• No instant healing moves like Recover, Synthesis, Morning Sun, etc. However, you are allowed to use Rest. You are also allowed to use draining moves that deal damage like Giga Drain.

Also, it should go without saying that if you’re not slated to partake in the current battle, please don’t disrupt the bout. Beyond that, feel free to go wild and experiment with all sorts of ideas! Hope to see you there on Sunday~

1 Like