Info on game?

Hello. I’m interested in this game. I’ve recently gotten back into the Mystery Dungeon series, and would love to play an MMO based off it. My question is, what DOES this game have in it? All I can tell is I can’t play it in my web browser, which kinda sucks. Could I know what I’m getting into before downloading please?

Hi, welcome to PMU Ish,
PMU has been around since 2008 I believe. It’s been through a lot of development however like the download page says there will be errors and crashes here and there, and the team Is currently small right now.

I’m not sure where I should start since there’s a lot to talk about; PMU basically has what you’d expect from a PMD based game. The big differences between PMU and PMD Is the fact that the game plays In real time to obviously work with the online MMO factor, and that you can only control one Pokemon that’s In your team ( at a maximum of 4 ) at a time, but switch to any of the Pokemon when you please given you are not dead, stuck from a move or Ability, etc. Moves are not always Identical to how they are In PMD especially considering how some moves have changed between PMD games ( Powder Snow for example ). PMU being sprite based uses the Pokemon sprites and portraits from the Explorers series, along with fanmade sprites and portraits from the community as It Includes Pokemon from Generations 5 and up, excluding 8. Pokemon have all their obtainable Abilities like they do In the first 2 games. It has shinies which was the most recent big addition to the game. Most of the Items from the PMD games make an appearance here, but there’s also a lot of original Items and main series Items to enhance the user experience and add content to the game. The way dungeons work Is more or less the same as they do In PMD. The dungeons also completely original, I.E. not taken from any of the PMD ones albeit there’s plenty of references to the PMD games and pop culture as a whole.

There really Isn’t a plot to the game at all so starting off Is always confusing for people sadly. Some parts of the game have their own chunk of story but that’s It. However there’s a lot of good people who are more than happy to help new players. Also, when you start the game, there’s no Iconic personality quiz, but you’re free to choose from a wide selection of starters which does not Include Eevee Including almost all of the Pokemon featured as starters In the PMD games and Gen 7 starters. If you’re familiar with PMD, PMU shouldn’t be that hard to understand or get used to but It still has a number of differences, such as status not wearing off after you change a floor, certain Abilities, and so on as you will experience the longer you play.

Pretty much everything I talked about Is explained more thoroughly and with screenshots on the wiki PMU has which I totally unbiasedly advise you to look at. It didn’t help me much when I first joined but It’s become a lot better since then so I think some of the pages there can give you a better of Idea of what PMU Is like. I recommend joining the official Discord server too. I hope I was able to help you.

4 Likes