Items stacking In storage

Should they?

As of…Gates to Infinity, Items In storage have “unlimited” pages. Each Item takes a slot, but more of that Item always stack In that one slot, with a max of 999 I guess, according to Bulbapedia.

So far, the best argument I have against this Is that It would remove one of the Incentives to rank up, which Is fair. Though storage pages don’t even have to be removed. I just wish I could give Into my hoarding addiction without worrying. Half of the appeal of PMU Is being able to use whatever Pokemon you want and collecting the ones you love, which comes with the cost of soooo many family Items and boosting Items. With molasses of music Items, heart slates, cosmetics, collectables and just old exclusive Items that can’t be obtained anymore It’s starting to feel unjustified to have a ( low ) storage limit now.

Storage Is a big part of why people make so many useless alts. I have all my family Items on one character, TMs and type-boosters on another. And I was one of the people who was able to do this only thanks to Sandboxie before Its ban. Is It unrealistic to want to have good reserves of Items or just be a ClassicSpirit and store 1000 noodle pots only because you like them?

PMD has had less Item storage In comparison because there are much less Items. It doesn’t have things like honey, or family Items for things beyond Gen 4. It doesn’t have 90 variants of the exact same Item to want to collect.

Would this be bad? Why? Why not?

I like the idea of allowing some items to stack but only in storage, many of the items I can think benefiting from that either aren’t typically put in storage because the amount of space they use is more than their worth, or they just typically won’t be obtained in such large numbers. while this would definitely increase effective storage greatly (especially for some people, I’d personally gain about 10 pages from reviver seeds alone) I don’t see it being too overpowered, probably the biggest drain on inventory space is just random items you collect because wynaut?

Though it would remove one of the incentives to rank up, as you said, ranking up beyond Master* already does little for many player, I don’t think I’ve ever gotten particularly close to reaching 100 pages of storage (except the time I filled my inventory with lottery tickets) while the extra storage is nice for many people, others just don’t need it, I’ve been at Master*** for quite a while now and see no reason to rush guildmaster. the bonuses for the later ranks are already pretty bad, bonus storage and a slight rr increase is all you get, the later ranks probably need some better rewards for getting there already, making the storage part a bit less relevant probably wouldn’t hurt much at all.

Honestly the biggest obstacle towards this I see would be coding difficulties, as drifloon hands are still quite bad at typing…

Stacking like items would sole a lot of issues regarding storage management as well. It’s alreaddy difficult for me to see if I already have a particular Family Item, for example, especially if I don’t fully remember the name; searching helps, but it also still often requires looking through a bunch of similarly-named items at once, which makes glossing over certain items extremely easy.

Once it gets to the inventory, they can unstack. Actual gameplay would be more or less unaffected; pre-mission item management would just be a lot quicker, removing a lot of the tedium that bogs down the gameplay loop still has to deal with.

Though, this is something that comes with the lack of storage management options. When I last played, it took me around half an hour to go from an empty inventory to be ready to explore. With all of the gems, globes, dusts, family items, Escape Rope, et cetera, that’s a lot to locate. If I wanted to use different Pokémon for different dungeons, I’d need to go through that process every time; it makes running dungeons tiring even before the first floor.

Alongside stacking items in storage, I feel that a few sorting options would be good. Everything is so disorganized, and it’s nigh impossible to manually sort through it all (or at the least, it would take a few days’ worth of active work, only for it to need to be done every time a new dungeon is run). Being able to have all of the currencies together, all of the family items together, all of the reviving items together, and such things would make it all just better to work with. Combined with stacking identical items in storage, that’d make preparing for missions so much less daunting.

1 Like

as much as i wanna say make a seperate tab for family items i feel like it would be a lotta work :>